[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good resource /sci/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: MITTT.png (1 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
MITTT.png
1 KB, 225x225
Hey /sci/ I'll cut right to the chase. I was interested in teaching myself mathematics as a hobby, and am starting with single variable Calculus. MIT OCW offers text+videos to teach this, along with problem sets and a final "exam".

I was just asking if /sci/ deems this a reliable resource? I assumed so since it's MIT but would like a confirmation.
>>
as good as any other resource of this type you could find
>>
>>7809183
Videos might help you at the start if you are really struggling to grasp a concept, but you need to git gud at reading textbooks as fast as possible.

The more you study the better you become at studying which means you can work through textbooks faster and faster, videos don't have the same effect because watching a video is passive learning and you can't control the pacing; video is a slow, shitty meadia compared to text.

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mathematics
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Math_Textbook_Recommendations
>>
>>7809197
Probably better than a majority of the classes one could take elsewhere.

>>7809234
I think to get good you have to work problems and do proofs. If you just read you won't really know if you understand to the level of application rather than just getting the gist of it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.