[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you move into a newly emerging nation, with its principles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: mqdefault.jpg (5 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
5 KB, 320x180
Would you move into a newly emerging nation, with its principles evolving based on the principles of science, while also tied to an ancient culture?
>>
Another pathocracy?
Do we not have enough?
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>7807166
What country would that happen to be?
>>
>>7807166
WE
>>
>>7807166
>principles of science
What does science say on matters of theft? On government? On religion? What is the scientific principle for dealing with rapists?

One thing is clear: the scientific method for dealing with OP would have been to sterilise his father before he's conceived.
>>
>>7807166
The closest example I can think of is Japan which first made a clear decision to look around the world and import the best principles from technology to military. The second important decision they made was to prioritize children immediately after the war since they represented the future, somewhat at the expense of the older generations.

Ancient cultures? Sure, Japan is influenced by Buddhism from India and to some extent Confucianism from China.

As for newly emerging it depends on scale. Japan was feudal into the 1860's and at the time it was not apparent they would succeed.
>>
>>7807477
This is truly a nice comment. Fucking /sci/, there's hope.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.