[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumbing down university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: smetana.jpg (97 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
smetana.jpg
97 KB, 800x800
Special snowflake students BTFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjN8xP0i6Ak
>>
>>7804062
Man, I fucking love that cat. I have it as a wallpaper
>>
>>7804064
fuck I came here to say exactly that lel
>>
>>7804064
>>7804071
>le funny cat pictures on le internet
Literally reddit.
>>
>>7804062
CS majors BTFO
>>
>>7804075
>literally
You're literally using that wrong. Everyone who literally uses the word literally should be literally shoot.
>>
>>7804062
Can't help but feel as if he is insulting the symptoms, instead of the actual cause. Like insulting coughing, instead of the actual cold. Sure, he is eloquent, but that doesn't make him right.
>>
>>7804075
>Literally reddit
is that all you have to say? Pretty poor contribution to be honest family.
>>
>>7804085
Still a better contribution than >>7804064 >>7804071
>>
>wahh b-but university is only 4 smart ppl liek me!!111
>p-please stop giving myself and university an image of lesser intelligence
>m-muh special club

Get over yourselves you fucking pathetic STEMtards. YOU are the special little snowflakes here. All you live off is your image and how 'intelligent' people view it as. That is the only meaning in your pathetic existence. That is the only reason you slave away for hours on end. Just fucking pathetic, honestly.
>>
>>7804062
>retards pay money for useless degrees like gender studies, diversity studies or computer science
>end up with no qualifications
I don't see a problem with this. Making money from retards is the fundamental principle of capitalism. Why shouldn't universities embrace this concept as well? In the end it's gonna be the economy that decides that these people cannot be hired.
>>
>>7804096
Better to slave away hours for people that respect me for that than to dedicate my life to being certain groups' useful idiot
>>
>>7804119
Name one person that respects you that isnt your mommy. Right now.
>>
>>7804134
My gf.
>>
>>7804062
I don't do videos, greentext the cliffs for me.
>>
>>7804096
>All you live off is your image and how 'intelligent' people view it as.
My 6 figure engineering salary helps sustain me too.
>>
>>7804134
My PI.
>>
>>7804140
Your hand doesn't really have a choice, does it?
>>
>>7804152
>muh six figures meme
>>
>>7804134
The whole of society, actually. Sure, most people don't like doing science, but they respect the comfort science gives them in terms of medicines and technology,

Most people are actually really fed up with the overly sensitive liberal arts majors in the media that make huge outrages over a fart.
>>
>>7804164
It's not millions, but 6 figs. makes a massive difference to your life.

In sub 6 figs. most of your salary goes towards living costs and sustaining your life style, you pretty much have nothing left afterwards. The rest is freedom and so your total income - livings costs is important to life quality.
>>
>>7804176
Not disputing the fact that six figures are great. I just find it higlhy unlikely that anyone on here earns that much. Perhpas, you're one of those rare guys that do earn it who knows...
>>
>>7804062
Isn't "dumb down" redundant? I mean, can you "dumb up" something?
>>
>>7804195
But it's not rare at all, the average salary reported by the BLS, payscale and countless other sources all show six figures for enigneering, plenty of people on /sci/ and /g/ earn six figures.

I myself don't because I live in a third world shithole with a weak currency, but I do earn top 1% in the country despite not being 30 years old yet.

But I'm doing it because I love the work anyway, I would do what I do now for free if I could on some other source of sustenance. Intellectual elitism is the worst reason to get into STEM, you're going to be disappointed too, because the general public thinks MDs are the only "real" doctors and they barely have an idea of STEM actually does. Luckily the most of us on /sci/ don't go into STEM for the latter reason despite popular belief.
>>
>>7804195

Average engineer salary is 100k, I think with like 8 years exp. Starting is like 65k. Don't confuse starting salary with when you have more exp.
>>
File: kot computer.jpg (221 KB, 1280x945) Image search: [Google]
kot computer.jpg
221 KB, 1280x945
>>7804064
Cat name is Kote.
>>
>>7805002
and that's also *licensed* (as in real) engineers...not just people with engineering degrees.

Non-licensed doesn't come close to averaging six figures in most every discipline.
>>
>>7804062
I hate that fucking cat.
>>
File: noU.jpg (91 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
noU.jpg
91 KB, 600x450
>>7804096
>>
File: 1450786135990.jpg (25 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1450786135990.jpg
25 KB, 250x201
>>7805036
but it's glorious
>>
>>7804150
Generation snowflake has been intellectually disenfranchised by their own heightened sense of specialness.
>>
>>7804096
Man you are butthurt. Some people actually love working and obsessing over mathematics etc. They don't just talk all day and nothing comes out of it like you sociology etc guys. But you couldn't understand that, because this takes dedication and skill. That's why you'll never be a fine artist, writer, etc. either.
Just fucking poor, honestly.
>>
File: eddiemurphy.png (99 KB, 206x200) Image search: [Google]
eddiemurphy.png
99 KB, 206x200
>>7804062
>drunken rugby teams
...promising
>>
>>7804075
Your newness is showing. 4chan has always had an affinity for cats.
>>
>>7805036
is new doge
>>
>>7805017
Holy Shit thanks anon
>>
>>7805020

Actually, it was for what degree they studied - however it didn't specify a terminal bachelors. If you exclude people with masters/phd the number goes down from like 95k to 85k
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.