[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
kek'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
kek'd
>>
>>7794315
good for her. so what's your point? Did you think this was /pol/?
>>
>>7794315
>Mathematician
I respect the person but this is a lie that I assume was made by sjws to push 'le we are equal meme'.

And btw, yes, we are equal but we don't have to exagerate black people's achievements to make that point.

As stated in the picture, she was a computer. Not a mathematician. Back in those days, 'computer' was actually a profession and very distinct from the profession of mathematician. You would never see a mathematician do the job of a computer and you would never EVER see a computer do the job of a mathematician.

She was really good with numbers, that is it. Being a mathematician has literally nothing to do with numbers after you graduate high school.
>>
>>7794315
>engineers do thorough analysis
>she literally does number crunching
they act like the engineers couldnt do that if they didnt have much more important and pressing matters, like design and analysis of fucking spacecraft and fuel systems
>>
>>7794332
She was actually really talented at number crunching. So good she was noted by it and I believe someone recommended her to the team.

If you had to calculate something as complex as the trajectory of a spaceship, believe me, you would fuck up right around step #400 and step #4200
>>
>>7794324
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKIuj4n_8PQ
>>
>>7794324
The exact same people are on /sci/, plus NEET losers who need to diminish the accomplishments of others in order to feel better about themselves. Posting about a successful woman is guaranteed replies.
>>
>>7794347
>If you had to calculate something as complex as the trajectory of a spaceship, believe me, you would fuck up right around step #400 and step #4200
maybe if you do it in your fucking head, but with the invention of pencil and paper, its easy to keep track of your work
>>
>>7794347
so are you saying she'd be out of work in today's world due to the invention of fast computers?
>>
>>7794366
>black female
she could get employment anywhere
>>
>>7794367
she looks more white than black if you ask me
>>
>>7794366
Pretty much. Her skills are not needed.

>>7794369
Even if she was white, there are female quotas nowadays all around STEM.
>>
>>7794369
one drop rule
>>
>>7794405
That's just silly though.
>>
>>7794353
With that many steps, even with pencil and paper you're liable to make a mistake, especially if you're under a lot of pressure.
>>
>>7794462
fermi and his team didnt need "computer" women to do their calculations when building chicago pile 1, and you could argue they were under much greater pressure, considering they could all have been killed without proper analysis
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.