[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even if a micro black hole has only a mass on the scale of micrograms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: AV117MicroBlackHole.jpg (37 KB, 396x307) Image search: [Google]
AV117MicroBlackHole.jpg
37 KB, 396x307
Even if a micro black hole has only a mass on the scale of micrograms it is still a black hole which means it has an event horizon and an escape velocity that equals or exceeds the speed of light at or beyond this event horizon respectively.

Does that mean whatever "touches" the black hole cannot be detached from it since you couldn't possibly pull it off at lightspeed?
>>
Well you would need to calculate the gravity of this particular black hole. Even really small ones have a lot of mass
>>
>>7793835
Just read that you wrote micrograms, is a black hole like this even physically possible?
>>
>>7793827
it would evaporate due to hawking radiation very quickly and effectively 'explode' because the amount of radiation emitted is inversely proportional to the surface area of the event horizon.
>>
>>7793839
yes, if you by voodoo magic compressed it enough
>>
>>7793839
There was some research published recently that implies that black holes may have an upper mass limit. I would assume they also have a lower limit
>>
>>7793835
The smallest possible mass for a micro black hole is Planck mass (around 22 micrograms) which yields a size on the scale of a Planck length.
>>
>>7793868
What a coincidence. That's the mass of OP's dick
>>
So.... what constitutes the smallest possible blackhole mass needed to actually prevent light from escaping? And, wouldn't any such body totally and absolutely fuck the entire solar system's shit if one should appear in it for whatever reason?

I mean to make a blackhole you have to have x amount of mass in x sized area. I really don't think Planck mass quanta of the smallest blackhole is remotely possible.

Then again, you first have to prove that black holes exist in the first place before moving on to anything to do with their properties.
>>
>>7794113
you can have a black hole that weighs micrograms as some other anon said. Say you have a 1g black hole.

But it will evaporate so quickly that in will be an explosion that will kill you.
that's 90 * 10^12J released in 79 * 10^-27s, or

10^39W

in comparison, the sun's power has an order of magnitude of 10^26

that's right nigger, that 1g black hole will evaporate with the power of 10 trillion suns in front of you.
>>
>>7794161
>that 1g black hole will evaporate with the power of 10 trillion suns in front of you.
But the real question is: will one gazzilion lions beat those suns?
>>
>>7793851
How did they even calculate this?
>>
>>7794190
What if a sun made of fire clashes with a sun made of black holes? Will it light it up?
>>
>>7794203
>sun made of black holes
Now that's just blatant trolling.
>>
>>7794197
Well there wasn't a mathematical proof as far as I know. It is based on observations. Apparently everywhere they look in the universe, the black holes are unable to grow past the accumulated 10 billions times the mass of our Sun. They speculate that as the black holes reach that mass they radiation emitted becomes so strong that it starts to influence and push the gas around it that it stop it from forming solar systems and so it stops growing. Basically it becomes so fat that it pushes, with its ever growing fat belly, the table on which the food is, away from itself and beyond it's reach.
>>
>>7794209
Geee I wonder what gave it away?
>>
>>7794161
>you can have a black hole that weighs micrograms as some other anon said. Say you have a 1g black hole.

Back to your containment board.

>>>/x/
>>
>>7794244
>Back to your containment board.
you saw that 4 days ago and are already repeating it like a dumb monkey.
if you're not here to discuss science, you can fuck off yourself.
>>
>>7794244
Black holes aren't paranormal. Fuck you.

Love, /x/
>>
>>7793839
yes

http://youtu.be/zO2vfYNaIbk?t=50s
>>
>>7794161
http://xaonon.dyndns.org/hawking/
>>
>>7794197
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/12/151218085632.htm
>>
>>7794197

This probably isn't what >>7793851 was referring to, but in supersymmetric theories it is possible the black hole mass would have to obey a BPS bound in order for the theory to remain at least partial supersymmetry.
>>
>>7794620
>remain
retain*
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.