[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can you smell something through an airtight bag?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: science.jpg (36 KB, 490x327) Image search: [Google]
science.jpg
36 KB, 490x327
Why can you smell something through an airtight bag?
>>
Because it's not airtight enough
>>
Jews
>>
>>7793339
If I shrink wrapped some weed, and hid inside of a smelly boot which is inside an airtight container which in inside my luggage, the dogs can still smell it.
(I don't deal drugs it's just something that's occurred to me)
>>
>>7793337
Well plastic bags are hardly airtight. There is some degree of gas diffusion. Normally smells are volatile compounds and may have aliphatic character, thus making diffusion through the plastic polymer more easily. The polymer's density, crystallinity and molecular identity also play a role. Couple that with the olfactory threshold of the compound in question and you have your answer. Some compounds can be recognized by your olfactory senses at concentration of 1 ppb.
>>
>>7793348
Weed residue on the bag m8.

If you're really autistic

You wrap the weed. Shower.
Put in boot. Shower.
Put in container. Shower
Put in luggage.
>>
>>7793354
Or wrap in aluminum foil to prevent permeation of volatiles. Alternatively, kill yourself
>>
>>7793370
I agree. Suicide > drugs
>>
>>7793348
>>7793354
as a general warning when dealing with dogs, smells cant be "covered up" when dealing with drug dogs. Dogs are able to distinguish smells almost regardless of potency. You might be able to get away with tricking the handler by hiding it in some raw meat or doggie biscuts, but most coppers probably have heard that story by now.
>>
>>7793370
Aluminium foil does not do jack if you just wrap it up. It is not even air tight.

Your best bet would be to freeze smelly substance to cryogenic temperatures, using tongs, place it into a metal cylinder, seal cylinder with a greased threaded cap, hold cylinder in vacuum so any gas is liable to leak in rather than out

Look up the cleansliness procedures for semiconductors. Even the slightest introduction if volatiles(ie perfume) can be very costly
>>
>>7793598
That would look a lot like an explosive in the X-ray machine lol
>>
>>7793418

I've actually heard putting the package in coffee can work as the smell of coffee somehow deadens sensitivity to other smells.

Of course, realistically, if a cop wants to search you he'll just say the dog "alerted" by seeming interested/seeming not interested/chewing at something/not chewing at something/farting/not farting/etc.

Drug dogs are really nothing but a divining rod cops use to bypass the 4th amendment.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.