[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it that it's 2016 and we still don't have a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: pretty much.jpg (39 KB, 455x537) Image search: [Google]
pretty much.jpg
39 KB, 455x537
How is it that it's 2016 and we still don't have a definitive answer as to what happens after we die?
>>
you die. nothing else happens
>>
But we do know what happens: your body decomposes and the molecules that made you are now being used in other things. Oh you mean what happens to "your consciousness"? Turns out it's just an emerging phenomena that happens when enough neurons connect in a certain way that allows for massive parallel processing of information and this process is allowed to run for several million years of iterations.
>>
>>7788007
>>7788017
>>7788018
Precisely, the problem isn't that we "don't know" the problem is that too many people disagree for stupid reasons.
>>
>>7788023
how is that a problem ? people are free to disagree with things.
>>
Consciousness is an emergent intrinsic phenomenon. When we die, we go to a place where we await a resurrection. Upon there it is decided by an ultimate entity of what happens. Said ultimate entity is incommensurable with our senses/cognition as imbued by where we originated from within this place.

In what comes about of our reward or punishment is not of my dictation. Some people like being insane and thinking forever. Some people welcome a long-resting slumber. Some people ponder the mystery of what is beyond themselves without making it known.
>>
>>7788007
Because people search for something after life when there is nothing
>>
>>7788007

After we die our brains shut off permanently and we start to decompose. "We" already know that.
>>
>>7788151
One could easily make claim to nothing as to something. Nothing is still 'something' in the sense that it could be 'one thing', nothing still has a quantifier in that sense. The conflict of these two stances is what's more substantive in being known. For me to say to a christian, muslim, or any other group that there is nothing after one dies, is not really a secular alternative is it is inferred to be the de facto stance to adhere too. I would also challenge such assertions to be met with a form of acquired sympathy, in that with a fear there is a mutual ground that is share between too people. The lack of it really doesn't share much in the sense that it chooses not too. Not to say one must, but to ask that has one actually strived to be within the presence of something beyond external composition?

It is by the mind, where we may say that things are identical, not outside, within the world. For two rulers to measure are not the same. Yet the idea can offer a truer proportion in what it is that we observe.
>>
>>7788007
>How is it that it's 2016 and [blank]
When will this stop?
>>
Your body starts to decompose. That's pretty much what happens to you.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.