[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THIS MILLENNIAL MIGHT BE THE NEW MOCHIZUKI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: 0x600.jpg (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
0x600.jpg
58 KB, 800x600
But unless you’re the kind of rabid physics fan who’s seen her papers on semiclassical Virasoro symmetry of the quantum gravity S-matrix and Low’s subleading soft theorem as a symmetry of QED (both on approaches to understanding the shape of space and gravity and the first two papers she ever authored), you may not have heard of Pasterski. A first-generation Cuban-American born and bred in the suburbs of Chicago, she’s not on Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram and doesn’t own a smartphone. She does, however, regularly update a no-frills website called PhysicsGirl, which features a long catalog of achievements and proficiencies. Among them: “spotting elegance within the chaos.”

http://www.ozy.com/rising-stars/this-millennial-might-be-the-new-einstein/65094
>>
>>7786227

Solid 5/10
>>
>>7786227
>babby's first semiclassical Virasoro symmetry
lel, I did this in middle school
>>
>>7786227

>he thinks /sci/, a place filled with bitter virgins, is going to be pleased to see a female doing better than they are in their own autistic pursuits.
>>
>>7786227
Sorry man, engineering is the only valid way to do science.
>>
>>7786227
>Virasoro symmetry of the quantum gravity S-matrix

I assume quantum gravity implies something other than string theory. The virasoro algebra and conformal symmetry is one of the firs things you learn in String Theory. So all this shows me is that her research is just applying basic principles of String Theory and CFT to lesser canonical QG.
>>
The only thing she's done is having been a college admission officer's wet dream
>>
>>7786242
Femanon here. Thanks for defending us, Mr Whiteknight. Unfortunately I cannot reward you because I gotta go on a date with Chad now.
>>
>>7786227
>BE THE NEW MOCHIZUKI
So she wrote a large book worth of walls of alien symbols that may or may not be gibberish?
>>
>>7786283

>thinks I'm a whiteknight

Darling, I'm better looking than any man you've ever been with. The fact you're interested in science means you're a 7/10 at best. So I wouldn't even want to fuck you.
>>
>>7786227
>New Einstein

No.
>she’s not on Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram and doesn’t own a smartphone

New Stallman, maybe.
>>
Nothing really special for someone at graduate school at Harvard. She has no IMO or physics olympiad medals. No serious publications. Nothing that special (for someone at that institution).

Nima Arkani-Hamed, who is probably the best youngish physicist in the world right now, was helping to teach graduate students QFT in his last year as an undergraduate. I consider more impressive than anything about her mentioned in that article or on her resume.
>>
>>7786227
would be bang i guess...
>>
>>7786342
>physics olympiad medals
top kek
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (29 KB, 345x337) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
29 KB, 345x337
>>7786350
>>
>>7786227
geez have you read the article u linked. My god it's like me saying the kid who plays hoops at the field next to my house might become the new Jordan
>>
But does she understand Banach spaces?
>>
damn do u guys think shed sugg my dyckg?

>>7786242
like i care what other people are doing when i'm in the midst of my own autistic pursuits
>>
Facialabuse when?
>>
File: Shaq.jpg (206 KB, 1155x1685) Image search: [Google]
Shaq.jpg
206 KB, 1155x1685
>>7786394
holy shit she does look exactly like the kind of girls they get on facialabuse
>>
>>7786242

What? Why would anyone be angry at a person contribution positively to humanity? I pretty sure people here don't hate marie curie.
>>
>>7786227
>Uses her gender as part of her identity.

Why physics girl instead of physicsbright or something. If you have so many talents why would you represent yourself with your gender, something every other girl in the world has?

>Poses for pictures like a feminist

Her hand on her waist and she looking down on you with a smile on her face

She a shit.
>>
>>7786227
>she’s not on Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram and doesn’t own a smartphone
Wow! Amazing!
>>
>>7786342
>She has no IMO or physics olympiad medals
Who gives a fuck? Honestly.
>>
File: 1338778096687.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1338778096687.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>/pol/tards bootyblasted because some woman is smarter than them
>>
>>7786501
>smarter
>majoring in physics
>>
>>7786261
No that's a practical use of science. Physics and math are more pure and are the basis of everything that makes up engineering.
>>
>>7786450
>So basically she's not a human
Why do liberal news writersdo this? Im sure she's an intelligent person but why do feminists have to focus on presenting her as some other worldly being. Sounds kind of grim and unecessary. Regardless props to her and her future endeavors I guess.
>>
>>7786513
Physicsis more pure than engineering you faggot are you even serious? Look,she's smart ok. Like any guy or anyone. She's a smart human can we all move on now.?Geez this is why I hate these threads.
>>
>>7786227
>PhysicsGirl
wew lad gotta tie that gender into everything for attention
>>
>>7786283
I love how the definition of white knight has changed to "anybody who says anything nice about women"
>>
>>7786551
it has never changed, you've just not been here long enough newfag.
>>
>>7786551
It's always been that. You just grew up
>>
>>7786551
> butthurt white knight
drop it neckbeardo. she can't suck your tiny weiner over the internet. better go back to your animu vids
>>
>>7786551
If you have to come here to defend an entire gender, chances are you are a beta white knight virgin cuck.
>>
>>7786227
>pasterski
>cuban

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post?
>>
That's a British 8!
>>
I'd hit it from the back
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (31 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
31 KB, 560x560
>>7786227
>millennial
>women
>new einstein
>ozy.com
>>
>>7786234
More like 7/10. 5/10 are ugly.
>>
>>7786524
>No that's a practical use of science. Physics and math are more pure and are the basis of everything that makes up engineering.
I don't think you get my point. (and no it's not true)
engineers are the ones who get shit done when they really need to. (see bell labs as an example)
>>
>>7786501
>/pol/tards

Do you even know where you are? Retard.
>>
>>7786227
>no smartphone, facebook, or other social media shit
>no alcohol, or smokes, or boyfriend

I approve of this.
>>
>>7787104
being fucked by chads is approved by a beta
>>
>>7787118
I feel sorry for you. If you care who other people fuck, you will be a failure in your field.

Besides, she probably has no (fuck-)boyfriend also, or she wouldn't mention it.

Only when the mind is not distracted with petty things can it truly achieve something.
>>
>>7786537
>more pure than engineering
>>7786524
>Physics and math are more pure

they should rename /sci/ to /cringe/
>>
>>7786227
I didn't know Mochizuki was dead.
>>
Yeah so what did she do?
Anybody got a link to her arXiv?
>>
>>7788236

You can google one of the papers she worked when you put in Virasoro symmetry.

But since three other people worked on the paper with I'm not sure what were her main contributions to it.
>>
>>7788255
stress relief mainly.
>>
Barnett now this? I don't know, the "next Einstein" is probably someone getting no publicity actually getting stuff done. For example, ask the average person who John von Neumann was and they won't have a clue. Tons of super elite smart people getting things done outside of the limelight.
>>
>>7788400
>I don't know, the "next Einstein" is probably someone getting no publicity actually getting stuff done.
Well Einstein was a rock star in his time, so this "the next Einstein" business denotes that someone is famous and has discovered something great
>>
Hyped up articles
>>
>>7786868
5/10 in fact is average. You DUMBFUCK.
>>
>>7789105
I guess it is if you have low standard.
>>
>>7787103
I'm not that guy but this is /sci/, our motto is basically
>/pol/esmokers are retards.
>>
File: 1370914275793.jpg (8 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
1370914275793.jpg
8 KB, 194x259
>>7786298
LOL

Women in STEM BTFO
>>
>>7786298
so cringeworthy
>>
>>7786368
this is an important question
>>
>>7786227
>BE THE NEW MOCHIZUKI
we don't even know if mochizuki is right. i believe his proof is

besides that, i hate all that:

>"he is a child prodigy who understands Einstein field equations since he was shitting his pants, he will revolutionize the world as we know it"
i don't care about all that BS. just do science or fuck off.

fucking insecure sperglords
>>
>>7786227
BATH HER AND BRING HER TO ME!
>>
the new Michio kaku
>>
>>7790539
Michio cucko
>>
>>7786227
>google her name
>only results are clickbait articles with titles like "the next Einstein!"
nobody fucking cares, take your "child prodigies" and people who haven't done anything yet and shove them up your urethra.

we really need a "high IQ people and general IQ discussion" board
>>
>>7786227
holy crap, she is brilliant
I wish I had that inner temper to do so much physics
>>
>>7791913
You don't she doesn't browse /sci/ right? Complimenting her here won't get you into her panties, faggot.
>>
>>7791914
I am aware of the fact that someone like her is not browsing 4chan because unlike you pseudoscientists she has some real science to do.

This board is full of faggots reposting shitty iq tests and highschoolers claiming to be /sci/entists.
If you were true scientists you wouldn't have time to waste on a shitty board like this. What papers have you already published? I think sin(2pi) is the answer
>>
>>7791981
>Shits on people who waste their time on /sci/
>While wasting his time on /sci/.

I see, you must be the guy making the high IQ threads. Yours seem to be off the scale.
>>
>>7791981
>If you were true scientists you wouldn't have time to waste on a shitty board like this.

you mean dumb scientists who can't make time for themselves, right? Just like your sorry ass.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.