[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is there so little lectures about electrical machines on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tesla.jpg (294 KB, 724x947) Image search: [Google]
tesla.jpg
294 KB, 724x947
why is there so little lectures about electrical machines on the internet?
>>
What do you mean? There are lots of free lectures about electrical engineering.
>>
>>7785646

yes but im talking about machines
>>
>>7785655

That's what engineering is. Making machines.

Could you give an example of what y you're talking about?
>>
>>7785633
Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWiYsRi2Dss
All Eric Laithwaite's videos are amazing
>>
>>7785720

induction machine
synchronous machine
DC machine
>>
>>7785730
Oh, you mean COMPUTERS?
>>
>>7785735

they dont fit the definition of computers
>>
>>7785633
Because instead of saying, "Tesla Polyphase Induction Machines" we say "AC Motor" or at most "Induction Motor".

I think perhaps you are searching for the wrong terms.
>>
ok I will just ask my question here

i dont understand where exactly the back EMF in a synchronous motor is produced. the coil rotates at the same speed as the revolving magnetic field how can this induce an EMF
>>
File: index.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>7786458
I thought i was gonna learn you. Then i realized a synchronous motor is different than your standard AC induction motor. The process does take a bit more to wrap your head around. Here is the best vid i found.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80DKO7m4d7Y
I think your question is how does power still become generated after the rotor gets up to speed with the "stator" magnets. I think the one thing this vid fails to mention is that there should be winding's on the outside of this whole arrangement. Those are the winding's that are actually getting their magnetic lines of force cut and transmitting the electricity. I want to say the main difference between the standard induction and synchronous motor. Is that once up to speed. The synchronous motor produces either smoother sine waves, more sine waves in a given time, or both. /sci/ i'm high, and i'm not an engineer. Someone please school us.
>>
Tesla is a fucking meme
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.