[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oxbridge Applications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: oxford_2378436b.jpg (96 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
oxford_2378436b.jpg
96 KB, 620x387
Cambridge results came back a few days ago, and the Oxford ones have been back for about a month.

How did you and your friends fare?

What do you think was the crucial thing you did that led to your success/failure?
>>
>>7785548
Oxford can eat my shit
Go for Harvard
>>
>>7785579
Oxford and Cambridge are both many times cheaper than Harvard and about the same level of reputation.
>>
>>7785585
>not factoring in cost of living there
>not factoring currency coversion, fucking pounds man
Harvard is cheaper, and more reputable, it's gonna be 400k before you know it there.
>>
Harvard comes out on top IMO, only because of the network effect (MIT and many other institutions in the same area).
>>
>>7785706
>>7785618
harvard is a meme
>>
>>7785618
As a UK person unless you go to Oxbridge you're better off learning shit on coursera or opencourseware... That shit is underrated in its quality
>>
Literally no ontopic responses

ffs /sci/
>>
>>7785548

9 People from my school applied to Oxford ( basically all for maths), only 2 got in. 5 people applied to Cambridge (either medicine or natural sciences) and 4 managed to get in.
>>
>>7786010

Similar results here. For some reason the oxford acceptance rate has tanked this year

Normally my school has a 50% acceptance rate to oxbridge, but this year we had only 15% accepted.

The scuttlebutt is that Oxford put in AA this year, which obviously fucks over posh white private schoolboys like us
>>
>>7786010
RIP that one that didn't get into Cambridge
>>
>>7786976
He was smart and went into Harvard instead
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.