[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Awful(ly good) science jokes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Entropy.jpg (62 KB, 430x539) Image search: [Google]
Entropy.jpg
62 KB, 430x539
Why are raves so dangerous?
You should never mix (a) base and (an) acid.
>>
>>7785213
"The sum of two even primes is always a square number."
>>
>>7785387
Finally, moar!
>>
What's the integral of 1/cabin dcabin?

[spoiler]natural log cabin[/spoiler]
>>
>>7785441
Bad jokes are best jokes.
>>
>>7785213
>never mix a base and an acid
Why not? That's how they clean up base or acid spills. That's what you SHOULD do if anything.

>>7785387
That's a theorem, not a joke.
>>
>>7785213
why are unicorns so smart?
Because they're educated grains.
>>
File: logo[1].png (23 KB, 268x152) Image search: [Google]
logo[1].png
23 KB, 268x152
>>7785464
you should seek help.

Also no, it's not a theorem.
>>
>>7785464
Because it can be dangerous. I was winging it. Anyway, don't ruin the bad joke thread, or I'll mix up a H2SO4 and H2O2 bath for you. ;)
>>
>>7785464
>That's a theorem, not a joke.
Did you even read it? "The sum of two EVEN primes.." How many even primes do you know buddy? There's only 1. The joke is that it sounds similar to the Goldbach conject.
>>
"One day Shizuo Kakutani was teaching a class at Yale. He wrote down a lemma on the blackboard and announced that the proof was obvious. One student timidly raised his hand and said that it wasn't obvious to him. Could Kakutani explain?

After several moments' thought, Kakutani realized that he could not himself prove the lemma. He apologized, and said that he would report back at their next class meeting.

After class, Kakutani, went straight to his office. He labored for quite a time and found that he could not prove the pesky lemma. He skipped lunch and went to the library to track down the lemma. After much work, he finally found the original paper. The lemma was stated clearly and succinctly. For the proof, the author had written, 'Exercise for the reader.'

The author of this 1941 paper was Kakutani."

- from Mathematical Apocrypha by Steven Krantz
>>
>>7785475
2 is the only even prime. 2+2 = 4 which is a perfect square. It is a theorem.
>>
>>7785484
You got at least a smug smile for that one.
>>
File: 1313684588753.jpg (15 KB, 374x250) Image search: [Google]
1313684588753.jpg
15 KB, 374x250
>>7785464
>>7785473
>>7785475
>>7785490
>>
>>7785484
Heard another story like it.
Professor, after writing a theorem on the board and saying "This fact is obvious", started thinking. He then proceeded to go out of the lecture hall, only to return 30 minutes later and stating "Yes, it is indeed obvious."
>>
>>7785213
What's purple and commutes?
A gender studies major that lives off campus.

Why did the engineer cross the road?
He couldn't get his dick out of the chicken.

Why does the string theorist watch 2 girls 1 cup every night?
He's obsessed with renormalizing the exchange interaction.

Why did Lebesgue always have trouble scoring chicks?
He wasn't, in general, a smooth operator.

One morning a chemistry postdoc arrives at his lab, exchanging hellos with Jesus, Santa, and a talking bipedal bear - his long-time colleagues. He casually strolls into the NMR room only to find an empty autoloader. After a moment of stunned silence he concludes he must be insane and makes a mental note to see a psychiatrist, right after the scheduled meeting with his competent female PI.
>>
Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson were sleeping out in the wild. At 2:00 am in the morning, Holmes woke up Watson and he asked, "Watson, look up and pray tell me what you presume."
Watson replied, "I see a vast Universe, full of stars and wonder. There is Venus over there. And the Moon is half lit. I know that lurking at the center of our galaxy is a black hole, and that gamma ray bursts occasionally blast at us, that there are billions and billions of planets out there, some of which must harbor life. We are not alone."
Watson would have continued but Holmes abruptly cut him off, "No, Watson, you idiot! Somebody stole our tent!"
>>
>>7785886
try harder
>>
>>7785886
toppest keks
>>
All year, a group of promising chemistry undergrads secretly used Dr. Smith's lab to work out a revolutionary, economical total synthesis of LSD from cheap and abundant feedstocks. Laboring in the utmost secrecy, they produced massive quantities and found themselves a good half a million bucks richer. A week before spring finals, Dr Smith confronted them. He'd found out about the project and now had to report them to the Dean and to the police.

"No! Please, we'll be ruined!" they panicked. Thinking quickly, one of the undergrads offered, "we'll turn over our data to you, let you write it up for publication, and stop immediately if you just keep this between us."

Dr. Smith laughed for a good while before pulling a new JACS article out of his briefcase and managing, "nice try, but I scooped you guys over three months ago!"
>>
So,
there is a science convention somewhere and scientists from all fields attend

at night they all stay at a hotel nearby

while they are all sleeping a fire starts at the corridor

the first to wake up is a chemist, he opens his door, sees the fire, thinks of a way to make a concoction of chemicals found in his room to put out the fire, gathers them in a bowl, throws them and puts out the fire. He then goes back to sleep.

BUT the fire starts again.

next to wake up from the smell is a physicist, he opens his door, sees the fire, calculates how much he must open the tap in his bathroom so that with the hose that he also found in there the water pressure is just right so the water drops exactly on the fire and manages to put it out once again. He then goes back to sleep.

BUT miraculously the fire starts again.

next to smell the smoke is an engineer, opens his door, sees the fire, quickly thinks of a contraption involvin a bucket, water, rope and soap to quickly carry enough water to put out the fire. He the goes back to sleep.

BUT once more the fire starts again.

a mathematician wakes up from the smell of burning stuff, opens his door, sees the fire, panics a bit, sees the fire extinguisher nearby at the corridor, sais to himself "so there is a solution" closes his door and goes back to sleep.
>>
What do you call 6.022x10^23 avocados?
A Guacamole
>>
File: 1429583523144.jpg (137 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1429583523144.jpg
137 KB, 803x688
>>7788220
What am I doing with my life?
>>
>>7785213
so e^x and a constant are hanging out at a bar.
e^x is bragging, as usual.
Derivative operator comes in
constant: oh no, I'll have to go, again.
e^x: haha you're so weak, let me handle this
e^x: hey operator, I'm e^x
operator: nice to meet you, I'm d/dy
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.