[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please be honest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x250
Is khan academy the best way to learn mathematics if your knowledge doesn't extend past first year university maths?
>>
It is for normal people who associate math with severe pain
>>
>>7784923
Due to way it has been taught for so long, yes.
>>
>>7784923
Solving puzzles is hard
>>
>>7785030
that's not really what he's asking, and khan academy has separate videos for the proofs of all the concepts he teaches

his videos will get you up to and maybe supplementally through calculus
>>
>>7785030
>Fucking read a book you fucking nigger?!
>How the fuck are you supposed to get whole calc I, II, III from some curryniggers videos?
>Does it learn you to read a proof?
>Does it help you solve shit?
>Does it fucking teach you intuition?

Yes, actually, for all of those. Especially intuition. How about you actually go on his website and start the calc section. You can find out for yourself instead of sperging out.
>>
>>7785030
You can learn all of calc 1 and 2 on Khan academy. I had a friend in high school who learned all of calc 1 and 2 from a combination of khan academy and a calculus book he got offline. He signed up for the AP test (the one that tests for calc 1 and 2) and got a 5 easily. Then he took calc 3 in college and is at no disadvantage.
>>
Khan Academy is good, OP.
But you need to buttress it with textbooks.
A ~20-minute video can't teach you everything in a topic, plus textbooks let you practise your knowledge by way of exercises.
>>
>>7785033

This currynigger is much smarter and successful than you, pleb. He teaches differential, integral, and multi-variable calculus. Plus differential equations and linear algebra.
>>
>>7785034
Do you think you can get intuition from watching a person do shit on a screen rather than rigorously studying the method?

Holy shit niggers. You guys are funny. Hows community college treating you all?
>>
>>7785041

Autism.jpeg
>>
>>7785040
>smarter
nah probably not
>more successful
nah kinda doubt that aswell

Why are you babbies defending Khan Academy lel. You guys having a hard time in your community colleges? Need some patting on your backs?

Why don't you all pat your backs all the way down to the welfare check area. I guess you have one since you niggers are obviously american.
>>
>>7785037

It's his own fault for not doing problems from a book and practicing further.
>>
>>7784886
top zozzle my professional friend
top zozzle to your career my friend
top zozzle to everybody
>>
>>7785045
>>smarter
>nah probably not
>>more successful
>nah kinda doubt that aswell

He has like 5 degrees from MIT and an MBA from Harvard. His company is invested in by Bill Gates and the U.S. government is implementing a study to study the effectiveness of his teaching method.

What have you done? He's more successful than you ever will be, loser.
>>
>>7785051
>5 whole fucking degrees holy shit man
>MBA FROM LE HARVARD?!

You guy. That's success right there matey. Sitting on the youtubes teaching kids linear algebra. That's succulent pure success right there mayne.

Let's just say I got better shit to do than run a youtube site all day and leave it at that. Top zozzle friend, your measure of success is quite funny. Zozzle to you, zozzzle to me.
>>
>>7785049
kill ureself
>>
>>7785057

He runs the company and does the teaching for his main vids. His employees, of which he now has hundreds, do the rest. The youtube channel is supplementary to the main website. His videos have reached more people than any of the pathetic shit you've ever done or will do. Nobody will ever know who you are or care. While he has been featured in the best publications worldwide.

And before he decided to do this, he was a successful in a hedge fund.

Stay jelly.
>>
>>7785063
What if I am Donald Trump?
>>
>>7785065

Top jealousy.

Go finish your undergrad.
>>
>>7785079
Nah man that was sort of ages ago.
Khan pls your linear algebra vids needs polishing.
>>
>>7785045
>>7785049
>>7785057
>>7785065
hi, i'm an author collecting essays for my magnum opus "Neck-bearded, morbidly-obese, autistic, borderline retarded and forever virgin. What have I done to deserve this and why am I on 4chan?". Would you like to contribute? Please send you're manuscript to [email protected]. You'll be kindly rewarded, of course.
>>
>>7784886
Just use the internet.
>>
>>7784886
Khan academy IS first year university maths.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.