[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lets build a spaceship guys.. using any current tech right now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: foxy.jpg (162 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
foxy.jpg
162 KB, 780x520
lets build a spaceship guys.. using any current tech right now lets design from the bottom up, a ship that can handle radiation micrometeorites and all that hazardous shit..
>>
>get iron sphere
>coat it in a bunch if dirt, clay, etc
>take it into space
>spin it and put it into orbit around sun
>hop on
>>
>>7782200
I got $5000 to my name. Is that enough?
>>
with enough delta v we can do anything tho
>>
>>7782200
If /sci/ knew enough GR and QFT we could work on trying to design a warp drive. But I doubt the majority of /sci/ knows anything higher than popsci lvl QM.
>>
>>7782502
I wonder if it's possible to have a setup of microscopic black holes where the negative energy that falls into the black hole ends up spilling out.
Because not only would that prolong the lives of the black holes, it would create energy and negative energy for free in equal proportions; meaning that the spacecraft could accumulate the required mass and negative mass to make its own warp field.

Say, if something is just inside a black hole's event horizon (for example a negative particle created around the event horizon), but the black hole accelerates away travelling at near-lightspeed in a circle (for example, if two black holes are orbiting in close proximity) then would it be possible for a particle to escape the black hole's event horizon?

Because as far as I see it, that's vital to being able to exploit microscopic black holes to create massive amounts of energy.
Although one problem is that the energy created by such a setup working at 100% efficiency would be so large, that the sheer amount of radiation created would screw with even the gravity of the black hole, and probably collapse the whole system.
Could be a pretty neat doomsday weapon though in an unstable form.
>>
>>7782606
OP said to use only current technology. Microscopic black holes are not.

Second you should read up on hawking radiation, because what you are proposing is doing the exact opposite of that. Hawking radiation is blackhole sucks in one half of a particle-antiparticle pair, so now we have a particle out of nowhere, but because energy is conserved the particle that fell in must have had negative energy and this cancels out the mass of the blackhole
>>
>>7782496
the earth is flat
>>
>>7782620
So, the "antiparticle goes in" thing is an analogy?
Also, I hear that Hawking Radiation also has negative particles going outwards.
>>
i like the idea of telescopic structures that expand to make more room and have windows and shit like that in it.. then the idea of layering carbon fiber with lead and titanium or anything else to make it stronger and radiation proof.. everything 3d printed on the spot obviously because if you have the shit you can make a huge 3d printer to make just about anything.. anyway with telescopic structures you can make the ship in the same shape of the falcon 9 heavy capsule but have it stretch to 360 feet long and sill have enough room for 2 floors in it.
>>
>>7782633
3D printers as we know them lack the accuracy to make incredibly sensitive spaceship components, it'd make more sense just to manufacture everything on the ground; still the same mass to get up to space either way.
>>
>>7782761
you would just use them to build the big dumb parts.. and still it wouldnt be fully 3d printed..you would have to put down the layers of titanium screens for strength and the lead foils for radiation.. i figure making it 5 or 6 inches thick would make it strong enough to take some small hits and stay together.. anything sensitive would still be done by hand..
>>
File: 1446891946596.jpg (84 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
1446891946596.jpg
84 KB, 570x380
>>7782200
>Take oil tanker
>coat it in lead
>cover entire top section with vacuum tube solar generators
>fill/empty oil hold with a vacuum somehow
>mEMe Drives on all points of axis, including underneath to add thrust on top of weightlessness
>???????
>PROFIT

Also anyone know how many stumps it would take to stump Donald Trump? pol doesnt hold the answers I seek today
>>
I'd build a giant Variable Specific Impulse Magnetoplasma Rocket
>VASIMR

Build it in sections for a Mars mission. Kind of like the international space station but no space walks to assemble. Ship automatic assemble out of multiple launched sections. Ship will never come back to Earth or be destroyed. We just keep replacing old sections or send supply ships.
>>
>>7782633
>>7783353
>>7782200
>..
Stop doing this shit. It makes you look like some inbred.
>>
>>7782200
Can you hear me major Tom?
>>
>>7782200
/sci/'s science level doesn't go beyond academic schoolwork so this is not going to happen
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.