[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long have you been going to /sci/? How much did you know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1437464677337.jpg (42 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1437464677337.jpg
42 KB, 430x430
How long have you been going to /sci/?

How much did you know before you started visiting this board? How much do you know now? Did /sci/'s topics, sticky, or wiki have any hand in increasing your knowledge?
>>
>>7772742
I learnt from /sci/ that there are about 42% of Math memers
32% of engineers claiming to be scientists
9% of Ph.D.s regretting life
12% of MDs hating life
Last 5% of actual scientists
>>
>>7772742

Since around 08 or 09.
>>
/sci/ has definitely decreased my IQ by several points, perhaps even a standard deviation or two. This place is filled with retarded spergs, and I'm starting to become one of them. If any newfag is lurking, please follow my advice, and leave.
>>
>>7772742
Just started coming here
Don't have a large knowledge base, high-school level (I'm a senior so)
The sticky has helped me, currently focusing on learning math (starting with calculus then moving to other more advanced areas) since math is what really interests me as well as psychics.

The topics have taught me that any degree that isn't math is labeled a meme degree
>>
>>7772742
I've been coming here since 2013 and the only thing I've learned is how much better I am than other people because I'm getting a degree in math.
>>
about 2 years now. actually, more, maybe 2.5-3 years. well, when I started visiting /sci/ I barely knew about derivatives, now ... trying to learn tensors.
>>
Two years or so.
High school math and physics.
Many things (up to Banach spaces and Maxwell’s equations in terms of coolness).
Absolutely not.
>>
>>7772742
Learned that engineers have a god-complex and are shitters that think they invented everything.

They think Issac Newton didn't invent calculus engineers did.

They think Einstein is a meme physicist and didn't contribute to shit in science

They absolutely hate Nicholas Tesla

They think anything other than an eng degree cannot get a well paying job.

They think all progress in science are all by the work of engineers.

Why do I still even go here.
>>
File: 1421461323916.png (356 KB, 2270x866) Image search: [Google]
1421461323916.png
356 KB, 2270x866
>>7772742
/sci/ made me more aware of my intelligence.
>>
>How long have you been going to /sci/?
5 years, with a 2 year gap between 2012 and 2014.
>How much did you know before you started visiting this board?
HS math
>How much do you know now?
Doing a math MS so solid undergrad math, shaky undegrad physics and some basic knowledge of CS
>Did /sci/'s topics, sticky, or wiki have any hand in increasing your knowledge?
Nah, I like answering dumb questions here though
>>
For a board on science and math there is an awful lot of faulty generalization going on. Not very scientific if you ask me. Then again, it is 4chan, I should not blame all these meme-lords for being who they are.
>>
File: op still.jpg (90 KB, 685x474) Image search: [Google]
op still.jpg
90 KB, 685x474
>>7772742
I learned that faggotry on 4chin is overwhelming and omnipresent.
>>
>>7774675
I don't think /sci/ accurately represents most engineers
>>7772742
One month.
I have a lot more pictures of obi wan now...
>>
>>7774675
Because engineers are the core of science you dipshit
>>
>>7774675
>autism
literally nothing you said is true

>nicholas tesla
>>
>>7774435
>If any newfag is lurking, please follow my advice, and leave.
You should've posted that a month ago. I can't get out of this board now. But hey, it's a huge leap from lurking /pol/ and /biz/.
>>
>>7775022
This meme again?
>>
>>7775036
>>7775022

Well fuck me if they automatically spellchecked nikolas

Also, found the engineers
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.