[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mfw we've only perceive 3 dimensions and have only voyaged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: surejan.w529.h352.jpg (41 KB, 381x254) Image search: [Google]
surejan.w529.h352.jpg
41 KB, 381x254
Mfw we've only perceive 3 dimensions and have only voyaged as far as the moon yet claim to have an understanding of how the universe came into existence and how it will end
>>
what are astronomy and physics
>>
>>7768815
What about time?
>>
>>7768815
No one claims as fact anything other than 3 spacial dimensions and 1 temporal dimension. Which we do perceive.

String theorists think that 7 more spacial dimensions probably exist, but don't claim it as fact.
>>
>>7768815
Our minds are going to fall back on some model of the Universe anyway. If you reject the ones the scientific sphere puts forward you'll get one from somewhere else. Then again you could just live in a state of disquiet about the Universe but people seldom seem to want this long-term.
>>
>>7768840
>7 more spacial dimensions probably exist,

It is also important to note that these extra 7 dimensions are compact. i.e. much smaller than the main 3.

For example, a decent possibility is something like [math] {L^{3,1}} \times C{Y_3} \times {S^1} [/math] where L is our typical 4-dimensional lorentzian manifold. CY is a calabi-yau 3-fold which is a 6 real dimensional manifold. And S is a circle which tends to work well for the 11th dimension.
>>
>>7768815
>implying the fourth dimension exists
nice pseudoscience there, I think the board you're looking for is /x/
>>
File: 1449173571668.jpg (29 KB, 480x467) Image search: [Google]
1449173571668.jpg
29 KB, 480x467
>>7768991
>>
>>7768815
>only perceive 3 dimensions

You mean all of them?
>>
We percieve only percieve 2 dimensions actually
>>
What are telescopes
>>
>>7770778
So much this. Based.
>>
>Not realizing the universe is procedurally generated.
>>
>>7770778
One eye detected
>>
>>7770778
>not perceiving the spatial position of your limbs even without sight or touch
>>
>>7768815
>have only voyaged as far as the moon
This is your average /sci/ poster, everyone.
>>
>>7771378
Retard detected

If you could see the third dimension you should be able to see your minuscule brain inside your own skull
>>
>>7770778
Ironically we perceive all the dimensions except the third. One and two are obvious, but the fourth can be seen if you look back far enough. Or it can be seen at small distances if you look small enough
>>
>>7771409
Foolish mongoloid, enjoy sucking that one eyed snake
>>
>>7768815
>only voyaged as far as the moon
>claim to have an understanding of how the universe came into existence
>implying the two are related

You're expecting a more accurate answer will be found on Mars?

I understand OP wants to feel smugly superior to the entire human race because of his stunted emotional growth and failures as a human being, and I've never even been to the moon.
>>
>>7771415
You must be an engineer to be so acquainted with one eyed snakes.
>>
>mfw this is simple argument from ignorance
>mfw you're just looking for a way to justify irrational beliefs
>>
File: 1443416358760.jpg (15 KB, 330x262) Image search: [Google]
1443416358760.jpg
15 KB, 330x262
>>7768991
>>
>>7771424
/thread
>>
Can someone explain to me how dimensions beyond the third work?
>>
>>7773208
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9sbdrPVfOQ
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.