[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"emotional IQ"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 15QnB.jpg (18 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
15QnB.jpg
18 KB, 413x395
>"emotional IQ"
>>
>"OP"
>"A good poster"
>>
>>7765021
\upvote
>>
Are you suggesting that there's no such thing as emotional intelligence?
>>
>>7765018
Why is being good at understanding your and other people's emotions a laughable idea? Is it just the name you don't like, or are you spergy enough to think you don't need to understand emotions to fit in with society?
>>
>>7765079
Because, who gives a fuck..

The only thing that matters is logic.
>>
>>7765079
found the average IQ poster.
>>
File: kawaii.png (142 KB, 511x564) Image search: [Google]
kawaii.png
142 KB, 511x564
My former HS was saying how EQ was a better indicator of future success than IQ. I think it's valid in that not everyone has/will have the supposed IQ for STEM careers so what they're doing is diversifying the meaning of "success" in that it doesn't only exist in a STEM career. Really though in a normal life you want to be able to get along with most of the people around you to a certain level and that could open certain paths in your career that could be useful to you. More than 3/4 of /sci/ including myself WILL end up not being born to become an autist so I think EQ is a valid, although a bit exaggerated, equivalent of IQ.
>>
>>7765018
Ability to manipulate peoples' emotions = Power
>>
>>7765122
ability to solve problems that no one else can = super power.
>>
>>7765086

>autism
>>
>>7765109
This. If you want to be "successful" in life, (good job, nice family, well respected by friends and neighbors, etc) it's often as much about who you know as what you know.

You can be an idiot and do well if you can network right, or you can be an autist and get rich and famous by doing something brilliant.
>>
>>7765086
In what setting?
>>
File: 1425896960720.png (5 KB, 386x308) Image search: [Google]
1425896960720.png
5 KB, 386x308
>>7765086
>The only thing that matters is logic.
found the undergrad
>>
>>7765191
underage**
>>
>>7765018
I'm Transsmart

Meaning while my IQ is 95, I identify as a cisgendered heterosexual male with an IQ of 153
>>
>>7765086
Hey I'm the anon who wrote that piece of shit.
I promise that I won't enter this site again untill
I turn 10, I'm sorry for being such a faggot.
Now I'll go to take my adderall and go to sleep because it's really late for a 4th grader.
Again, sorry for being that dumb
>>
>>7765018
What's wrong with that. The label sucks, buts it's not wrong.

I have no issue understanding people. Empathy though is difficult. At a funeral and people keep saying "you don't have to be strong anon, let it out". Uhh, do you want me to pretend to cry?
>>
>>7765136
>>7765163
>>7765191
>>7765213
Found the cuckold.

>emotion matters

Hello Reddit!
>>
>>7765221
>using behavioral analysis to shape your actions and the actions of those around you doesn't matter

Actually, that's a lot more important than understanding abstract theories.
>>
>>7765028
Undefined control sequence
>>
Street smart
>>
>>7765079
>why a laughable idea
Fucking kek. Because only leftist liberal faggots give a damn fuck about emotions. It was logical thinking, not emotions, creating the theory of relativity, laws of motion and many more. Neither Einstein, nor Newton cried out their achievements.
>>
>>7765018
>thread about good youtube channels just got deleted
>this shit is still up
wtf?
>>
File: crazy don.jpg (33 KB, 412x394) Image search: [Google]
crazy don.jpg
33 KB, 412x394
>>7765018
>IQ in general
>>
>>7765201
underrated post
>>
>>7765109
EQ is pretty much bullshit when you control for IQ and personality
>>
>>7767355
I've noticed weird things like that on this board lately also
>>
>>7767351
Einstein pondered if his idea wouldn't eventually imply atom bombs and was sad to see it happen eventually. He did in fact have empathy.

If you suck at emotions, understanding other people and communicating, you end up like most underachieving STEM faggots that have a good idea once in a while, but lack the knowledge how to make ideas reality (lone wolfing in this society doesn't exist anymore; you simply need external people/resources). Your constant focus on equations made you forget what it means to be human. Read books, stop gaming

>source; external relations manager of a 100+ organisation at 23, while my fellow physics students live the most boring life imaginable.

I would never want to trade my emotions for a boring life without any actual excitement. Physics should be a hobby, like it used to be in the time of actual homo universales, not your life.

> inb4 muh greatest inventions were done by people that worked the hardest.

You're not the 0,0001% lucky few that actually make it. Face it.
>>
>>7768112

Oh I should add one more thing. Logic is in fact very handy, but in an organisation you need both.
>inb4 myers briggs is bullshit
>it can be, but it can actually pretty accurately be used to describe certain individuals, such as my boss and me.

My boss is an estj: always following rules, forcing people to work hard. He ís logic and that's good. But he lacks a proper communicatin tool.

I was tested an infj. I smoothen his hard opinions and laws to other people and generally function as the glue within the organisation. Besides that I contact partners. I just come across as more friendly than my estj boss. I learn a lot from my boss and he learns from me.

Just as in an organisation, a human needs both. Thinking you need one is just angsty teenager crap. "muhmuh people might notice i'm insecure, let's pretend to be the culmunation of logic and ofc. i'm always right'
>>
>>7767351
>leftist liberal faggots
Ok i know that politiks dont belong on this board but you should know that Einstein was pretty liberal and left wing. He was even pro communism (at least a year or so). Im just telling this so you know anon even though its kind of foolish to have fullfillment in always correcting others.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.