[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
7th row complete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1b.jpg (35 KB, 500x698) Image search: [Google]
1b.jpg
35 KB, 500x698
Last four elements of the seventh row have now been discovered. Do we get to blow more things up now?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/periodic-tables-seventh-row-finally-filled-as-four-new-elements-are-added/ar-AAgjM5R?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP
>>
>>7761416
They've been otherwise listed on many periodic tables now, announced by IUPAC or not. Still waiting for naming candidates to step forward before getting hype desu
>>
>>7761416
Nothing revolutionary - as unstable as ever, and quite expectably so. Closing the Period 7 may feel satisfactory but it's not revolutionary. Opening Period 8 will be a greater leap, just one proton away. And three protons away we'll open an entirely new block - the theorized g-block, an entirely new set of elements.

...and then we'll have a long, long way until we get anywhere, with 18 elements of the g-block and 14 of new row of f-block... and supposedly then some schenanigans may begin, like d-block jumping to a new period or such.

Nevertheless, 3 next elements may be somewhat revolutionary, and other than that we need to squeeze 9 more neutrons into Flerovium (E214), producing Fl-298, which is believed to be the nearest shore of the Isle of Stability, and *somewhat* within reach, because the next one will be about 50 protons down the lane.
>>
File: adamantium.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
adamantium.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
they're not done yet
pic related
>>
>>7761416
Who is this hardon collider?
>>
>>7762737
Don't know, cant recognize her through the shopped chest
>>
>>7761416
Why does she have a butthole in her armpit?
>>
>>7762758

>not knowing your armpit vagina (always on her left barring extreme deformity) from your armpit anus (always on the right)

lol you've never had sex

But it is nice, from the autists' point of view, that they've confirmed these lads and are moving forward with giving them names. I reviewed (re-memorized in short-term memory) the periodic table via a quiz recently, and I realized that about 4-5 things had been given official names since I last looked.
>>
also let me propose:

>Nipponium
>Godzillium
>Virginium
>>
>>7762780
Back of the knee maybe?
>>
>>7761474
Thank you very much.

I enjoyed reading your post.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.