[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (170 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170 KB, 1280x720
Have to choose my degree, I have 2 options

>Bachelor of Engineering, Biomedical. 4 years long. A Masters then requires a further 2 years of study

>Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical. 4 years long but has an integrated Masters programme which only takes 1 year extra.

Which should I go with. I have heard that Mechanical Engineering is a much more versatile degree and will allow me to work in a variety of positions, whereas a degree with Biomedical Engineering has much more limited career opportunities

Some people have even told me that whereas a Mechanical Engineer can do the work of a Biomed Engineer, a Biomed cannot work in the post of a Mechanical engineer. Is this true?

I'm in Ireland, Galway specifically, so the Biomed and Mechanical courses are virtually identical in content anyway, except the Biomeds do a bit about Biomechanics and Tissue engineering in the form of modules. I'm really just interested in the difference between the two pieces of paper I'll get at the end.

Wat do /sci/?
>>
>>7754349
BEng in ME with bio classes for your electives, then Master's in BE
>>
>>7754352
Why?
>>
>>7754349
You don't need a masters unless you plan on attending some shit-tier European university or something.

Also BiomedE is a meme.

>Some people have even told me that whereas a Mechanical Engineer can do the work of a Biomed Engineer, a Biomed cannot work in the post of a Mechanical engineer. Is this true?
Yes. Why else do you think it's a meme degree?
>>
Just do MechE. It's versatile and you can pretty much do anything with it. I'd suggest getting an MBA after since that's where the big money comes in.
>>
>>7754383
>You don't need a masters unless you plan on attending some shit-tier European university or something.
Explain yourself, you Hanswurst.
>>
So, I'd just be cucking myself by doing biomed?
>>
File: 1436265682536.jpg (40 KB, 728x752) Image search: [Google]
1436265682536.jpg
40 KB, 728x752
>>7754383
I plan on attending a university in the West of Ireland (NUIG), so a masters may not be a bad idea, I just like the idea of going a step higher than bachelor anyway.
>>
File: 1353022184617.jpg (16 KB, 249x300) Image search: [Google]
1353022184617.jpg
16 KB, 249x300
>>7754383
>you don't need a Masters
>>
File: McDonalds_0.jpg (24 KB, 304x420) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds_0.jpg
24 KB, 304x420
>>7754590
Shit boy. If you're going to waste your time on biomed, why don't you just send me the $40,000 via paypal?

You're going to end up working for McDonald's either way.
>>
>>7754377
ME undergrad gives you the freedom to do a wide variety of jobs, while a BE grad will help you get into the biomed field. BE undergrad is just ME undergrad, except badly done.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.