[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best source of high resolution and public domain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: uspol1.jpg (46 KB, 403x402) Image search: [Google]
uspol1.jpg
46 KB, 403x402
What's the best source of high resolution and public domain space photos?
>>
I will be very surprised if this doesn't turn into a global warming debate/politics thread and I'm sure that was your intention. Fuck you OP.
>>
>>7754359
Global warming is science-related. It's a scientific theory which is strongly supported by all the evidence up to date.
>>
>>7754382
The image is stupid anyway, two completely unrelated quotes to the premise point header
>>
what the fuck does science have to do with space exploration?
What does the cult belief in white guilt, aka global warming, have to do with the EU putting shitty solar powered drones on asteroids that fail because its solar?
>>
Oh no, scary republicans with differing opinions.

Keep one eye open at night, op. You never know if Ted Cruz will sneek into your bed and globally warm your anus.
>>
>>7754327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk
>>
File: 1451421110957.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1451421110957.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>>7754327
>Europe lands a drone on an asteroid that got promptly BTFO because it landed in the dark
>USA puts humans on the moon and develops the Space Shuttle that built the ISS.
>>
>>7754397
Are you retarded?
>>
File: sng.png (578 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
sng.png
578 KB, 1280x544
>>7754622
That was 50 years ago...
Mars when ?
>>
File: 1443810837104.jpg (19 KB, 275x253) Image search: [Google]
1443810837104.jpg
19 KB, 275x253
more like
>europe landed a probe on what they thought was a lump of ice but was actually a big rock
>the scientists in charge still believe there is ice hiding inside the rock instead of canning the entire dirty snowball theory
>>
File: 717.jpg (15 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
717.jpg
15 KB, 324x291
>>7754622
>>7754575
>>7754809
>Americans getting butthurt at having lost their edge in space in the 21st century.
>Always trying to downplay the fact Rosetta and Philae was the most significant space mission of this generation, the previous and probably the next (even when their own nasa acknowledges this) with dumb arguments that don't make sense.
>The best counter-examples they can come up with was a German-made moon landing 55 years ago and a terribly unsafe and cost-inefficient spaceship made 35 years ago.
I laugh every time.

Happy new year though, faggots
>>
>>7754327
Um.. OP there hasn't been any warming in that period... By all means there should've been and that doesn't mean AGW isn't true and 15 years is a small scale but he didn't say anything wrong..
>>
Not sure if they're public domain but the esa/nasa websites sure have some. And the sites of individual projects like hubble, tremendous incomprehensibly huge space telescope array, etc.
>>
File: temperature-figure1-2015.png (23 KB, 528x365) Image search: [Google]
temperature-figure1-2015.png
23 KB, 528x365
>>7755939
How embarrassing.
>>
>>7755939
http://www.washington.edu/news/2014/08/21/cause-of-global-warming-hiatus-found-deep-in-the-atlantic-ocean/
>>
>>7755969
"Global warming" doesn't mean. The record of the last 100 years, its supposed to take into account the last thousand so we can see if this type of influx is standard.

Fucking Christ. Its like the world is partying, its getting close to the end, and people start freaking out that there's never going to be fun again. There's always tomorrow, you idiots.
>>
>>7755935
>build space probe on solar power because "muh green energy"
>it's useless because asteroids have shade

wonderful euros
>>
>>7755982
>gets rekt
>has no proper counter argument
>starts babbling about other things and starts in on name calling
>>
>>7755935
Please, we decided to work with you. Had it come down to it you weren't necessary.
>>
>>7756024
It is not standard you skeptic. Do you consider reaching carbon levels that haven't been seen in over 4 millions year standard? I sure don't.
>>
while europe is busy landing stuff on space peanuts, america is busy trying to figure out how to land men on mars
>>
File: opportunity recent photo.jpg (121 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
opportunity recent photo.jpg
121 KB, 1024x1024
>>7754327
NASA.
pic related is the most recent image from Opportunity
http://mars.nasa.gov/mer/gallery/all/opportunity.html
>>
>>7756144
jesus christ its all rock and dirt.
>>
>>7755982
We only have first hand data collected globally within the last 2 centuries.

What bothers me most about the deniers is that they nitpick on the most insignificant details, just to question the whether anthropogenic climate change is a certainty.

Does it need to be certain for us to take it seriously? The probability that theory is a reality is an important consideration, but so are the stakes.

The surest reality is that humanity will eventually have to learn to rely on renewable energy resources.
These folks are so short-sighted that they're willing to risk an existential threat to humanity, not to mention most life on Earth, in order to justify economic growth on a time scale that can be measuredon the scale of the lifetimes of their imediate family.
>>
>>7755971
Ye I know about the reason, all I'm saying is there's nothing inherently wrong with saying there's been no/little rise in temp in the last 15 years.
>>
>>7756170
that's not dirt, that's regolith. Dirt tends to have some sort of ecosystem, regolith tends to be dead. There is a huge difference.
>>
>>7756120
Wow, what a fucking moron you are. Are you not able to follow the line of conversation or do you have /sci/-Tourettes? Pic in >>7754327 "last 15 years" then >>7755939 "OP there hasn't been any warming in that period." To >>7755969 with 113 years of data showing tons of warming in the past 15 years.

gb2/bed/ Cruz.
>>
>>7754327
http://imgur.com/gallery/eS4NM
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.