[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assuming we get to merge are minds with computers and live for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (294 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
294 KB, 960x960
Assuming we get to merge are minds with computers and live for billions of years could we create a time dilution effect and make is so that say one second in real life is actually a year in computer world?
>>
>>7751862

It's called Windows.
>>
>>7751862
sure . every civilization does it once they realize exploring space is retarded.
>>
>>7753039
Yeah, I bet you can't name one civilization that did not do it
>>
>>7753050
maybe the Ychon empire. they always try to be unique, fucking hipsters.
>>
>>7751862
>are

tell me this was an autocorrect thing, please
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>7751884
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>7751862
>Assuming we get to merge are minds with computers and live for billions of years could we create a time dilution effect and make is so that say one second in real life is actually a year in computer world?
>live for billions of years
>could we create a time dilution effect
>create a time dilution effect
>time dilution
>TIME
>DILUTION
>>
Serious thread guys.

Assuming I can live for X billion years how many years could I stretch that out in matrix cyborg world?
>>
File: pig.jpg (266 KB, 1440x923) Image search: [Google]
pig.jpg
266 KB, 1440x923
Accel World thread?
>>
>>7751862
I don't fully understand your question, so I'll just answer wt I think your question is.

-The human brain has mechanical limits. It can't just be overclocked and remain fully functional otherwise.
-Computers have mechanical limits. It depends on his this system that can magically simulate your brain actually works.
>>
>>7754231

Say that we get to live in a simulated world. Can I go into that simulated world and live for a few years inside it and then come back and have it only be a few minutes.

If I can have robots on the outside maintain the infrascture would I be able to "live" for trillions of years instead of billions of years?
>>
>>7754236
That depends on what "we" and "I" actually mean.

The brain you're using, or are, right now itself has variable perception of time. Look up Alice in Wonderland syndrome for an example of what I'm actually talking about.

Short version is, I don't know. I imagine not without the brain being simulated on some other hardware. The original probably wouldn't fare well with this.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.