[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saved the world. You're motherfucking welcome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: Brilliantassidea.png (22 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
Brilliantassidea.png
22 KB, 700x600
Alright y'all fuck wads listen up. I found the solution to the energy crisis right here and I'm not even messing around.

So I got to thinking. What if we put a giant ass funnel in front of a wind turbine to make the wind all go right up in there like pic related. A flawless idea except for one thing. It's pretty fucking expensive to build giant ass funnels.

So I got a solution all up in here and it will be in the next picture.
>>
File: WorldSaved.png (34 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
WorldSaved.png
34 KB, 800x600
Ba Boom.

You know that giant ass pole they all sit on? A big fucking pile of wasted potential. So we take that pile of waste and turn it into something useful. Straight up more effective windmills all up in here. Suck a dick geothermal energy, you just got pwned.

We cut it in half, flip it sideways, and make it catch that wind yo. It's gotta be concave and shit of course. But it sends that wind straight up in there.
>>
? There's no energy crisis since nuclear fission is a thing.
>>
You know windmills have brakes because they some times already cannot handle the amount of wind incoming? You're just gonna break it
>>
>>7751713
Why don't we just replace the brakes with a second generator that turns on once it's spinning too fast and then it adds resistance and makes more electricity?
>>
>>7751721
Or, instead of dicking around with a second generator, you could add bigger gears....
>>
>>7751662
I have no idea what is going on in the picture.
>>
>>7751769
The way the windmill is mounted makes the wind go up the pole it sits on toward the windmill. A typical pole makes the wind go around it, not toward the windmill.
>>
>>7751653
Are you on the spectrum or something? I mean, I get that this is MS Paint, but like, you could've at least put some effort into the drawing...
>>
>>7751685
Pop Sci faggot confirmed
You have to be thicker than a nuclear shelter lead wall to think that nuclear fission is going to be profitable in this generation.
>>
>>7751662
Nice shitposting autismo but consider how much extra space these eyesores would shit up
>>
File: INVELOX-Wind-Turbine.jpg (351 KB, 3000x2367) Image search: [Google]
INVELOX-Wind-Turbine.jpg
351 KB, 3000x2367
>>7751653
Good idea OP.
>>
>>7751814
>in this generation
Doesnt have to be
>profitable
A crisis affecting all of humanity doesnt have to be either
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kldA4nWANA8

This is a more efficient design and less of an eyesore.

Sorry, OP.
>>
>>7752116
>>7752172
If those designs are more effective why are they still building ones using the more common design?
>>
>>7751653
>everyone on /sci/ is so autistic they can't see that this isn't supposed to be taken seriously.
>>
>>7751662
>>7751653
Couple of geniuses here
>>
shitposting on /sci/:
>autismo
>ur must be on the spectrum
>clearly you have a low iq
>i don't get it
>ur drawing sux

shitposting on any other board:
>top kek
>>
>>7752414
I don't see why this plan wouldn't work desu
>>
>>7751685
Then why are we still using oil, which both pollutes the atmosphere and makes us dependent on the middle east?

>>7752393
>implying
>>
>>7752414

Haven't you seen the meme climate change threads popping up again and again? People on this board respond seriously to bait and sarcasm way too often.
>>
>>7752388
I thought of this idea before. i think it doesn't work because as you raise the airspeed you lower the dynamic pressure which means it can't turn the turbine.
>>
>>7751721

regenerative braking, like they do in hybrid cars.

add some solar panels on the windmill for added wats.
>>
>>7751721
If you add a set of magnets it should improve the overall performance.
>>
>>7751814
You are thinking about nuclear fusion. Fission is already profitable and can supply the world, given its run ~100% safe.
>>
File: winddam01.jpg (32 KB, 537x450) Image search: [Google]
winddam01.jpg
32 KB, 537x450
reminds me of this
doesn't look like they ever built the thing though.
>http://chetwoods.com/our-initiatives/the-wind-damn-russia/
>>
>>7751653
The turbine is pointing towards wind direction, so the funnel would also have to.
>>
File: tumblr_nvmgwlylhN1sljzwqo1_1280.jpg (344 KB, 606x606) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvmgwlylhN1sljzwqo1_1280.jpg
344 KB, 606x606
>>7754043
>>
File: reactor.jpg (84 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
reactor.jpg
84 KB, 1000x662
>>7751814
retard
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.