[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is memology a valid form of science?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: meme.jpg (288 KB, 1191x1191) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
288 KB, 1191x1191
Is memology a valid form of science?
>>
>>7751501
If some variations of people need to be destroyed for evolution to happen what happens when people learn to stop dying?
>>
>>7751501

Confirmed.

https://smartech.gatech.edu/handle/1853/53595
>>
>>7751501
You'd have to be as stupid as an engineer to think that it isn't.
>>
>>7751501
Yes, I double majored in memeology and African Studies(niggerology) and I got a 90k job starting
>>
>>7751501
Of course it is. Haven't you heard of the

Pepe = !Pepe problem?
Basically its about determining if the set of all memes contains itself?
>>
Memetics is a real field of study
>>
File: 1450424363682.png (662 KB, 862x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450424363682.png
662 KB, 862x1000
>>7751501
>memology
>posts a bunch of failed memes and doesnt post the greatest meme of all time

License to pratice memology is now under review. To speed up the review process, feel free to post any rare and/or dank memes you might have saved.
>>
I expect memology in some form to be a science one day, together with other sciences who study the internet
>>
>>7752083
Humanities isn't science, fgt
>>
>>7752076
This Pepe is a cheeky motherfucker, undressing you with his eyes
>>
File: image.png (593 KB, 699x1041) Image search: [Google]
image.png
593 KB, 699x1041
>>7752076
>>
>>7752076
kill it with fire
>>
>>7751501
memeology is an art.
>>
>>7752272
Its a art
>>
>>7751501
yes, just look at /pol/
>>
File: BLA.gif (10 KB, 199x144) Image search: [Google]
BLA.gif
10 KB, 199x144
>>7751501

I like to make them myself, whom do I cite?
>>
>>7751835
That really, really shouldnt have made me laugh as hard as it did
>>
>>7752161
nice meme!
>>
>>7752161

You will be studied in the future.
>>
>>7751501
The concept of a "meme" was coined by Richard Dawkins, biologist but probably most well known for being a militant atheist.
So no.
>>
>>7752076
Is Pepe the purest meme still living? I haven't seen cool face posted in years
>>
File: itsays.jpg (121 KB, 780x749) Image search: [Google]
itsays.jpg
121 KB, 780x749
>>7751501

On a board full of narcissists who believe that mathematical knowledge is the only measure of scientific acumen, why do I need to constantly explain that the components of a system do not matter when it is governed by the exact same algorithm. Memetics is just a branch of evolutionary science. If memetics is not a science then neither is evolutionary biology or biology for that matter since the latter is fundamental to its understanding.

Memetics uses the same mathematics as evolutionary biology because it's the same pattern, self replicating reproducing with limited variation and varying success in a dynamic environment. Only the components differ. Just like you can have a flux or a mol of anything, anything can evolve given that it conforms to the parameters summarized above. Both memes and genes conform to these parameters with memes having the added variable of human creativity resulting in the rapid and punctuated nature of their evolutionary trajectories.
>>
I remember the time before pepe and feelsguy were posted. What the fuck happened senpai. Does it have something to do with reddit, /co/, /v/, /r9k/? It all came out of fucking nowhere what the fuck.
>>
>>7751501
Of course, it's a form of social science, which is a type science, which makes it STEM, which makes my degree just as valid as your degree.
>>
i shitposted about how there are infinitely many memes, then how to construct a hilbert space out of memes, and then generalized to meme categories with mememorphisms and metamemes
i am the master memeologer
>>
>>7752076
Gay Nigger Pepe
>>
>>7752689
What are you talknig about?
>>
>>7757096
>Social science
>Thinks its actually a science

Well memed, my friend
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.