[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hard do A-levels compare to other school leaving exams in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: untitled.png (28 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
28 KB, 512x512
>>
Depends on the Board. CIE (Cambridge) is the hardest, all the rest are essentially pleb-tier.
>>
>>7749954
A level is fuckin cancer, warned you
>>
>>7750566
>A level is fuckin cancer, warned you
Do tell.
>>
>>7749954
A-levels is the hardest in the West.

I have studied in Singapore and to them, A-levels is kind of a joke. I would assume Indian and Chinese, SK, Taiwanese students would think so too.
>>
>>7752045
Maths H2 is fuckin F maths and maths in one
>tfw recognized as one subject
>>
>>7752045
>I have studied in Singapore and to them, A-levels is kind of a joke. I would assume Indian and Chinese, SK, Taiwanese students would think so too.
Wait... a joke as in it's easy? Or it's used as a joke? I can't match that with "A-levels is the hardest in the West".
>>
>>7753480
It looks like he means that compared to equivalent east asian qualifications A levels are easy, but to the rest of the west they're relatively hard
>>
Frenchfag here. How would you compare A-level to an exam that people find too difficult when they are asked to prove that [math]\forall (z,\,z')\in\mathbf C^2,\quad \overline{z\,+\,z'} \,=\, \overline z \,+\, \overline{z'}[/math]?
>>
>>7753508
Let
z = a + i b
and
z' = c + i d
with a, b, c and d real then
z + z' = a + c + i (b + d)
and
a + c - i (b + d) = (a - i b) + (c - i d).
>>
CIEfag reporting here. Studying in the states now.

I did math, further math, biology, chemistry, physics, and AS general paper (which was fucking useless as you would expect).

For what its worth, I got more credits in technical courses coming in than people who did AP equivalents. For example AP chemistry doesn't even get credit for the introductory gen chem course here, whereas I got 12 credit hours for chemistry all the way up to orgo.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (834 KB, 463x612) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
834 KB, 463x612
>>7749954
Does this answer your question?
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (1 MB, 799x621) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
1 MB, 799x621
>>7754534
>>
In morrocco the final highschool exams are quite hard compared to many other countries.
>>
>>7754534
>write the equation of a circle
>recall arc length formula
>integrate above formula
>integrate trivial integral
>add the numbers you got earlier
This is what singaporeans actually believe
>>
>>7754556
Says the person who can't even Morocco.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.