[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I activate or deactivate almonds?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1451287272586.png (244 KB, 997x613) Image search: [Google]
1451287272586.png
244 KB, 997x613
How do I activate or deactivate almonds?
>>
>>7748580

Can't I just soak them in phytic acid?
>>
What are activated deactivated almonds?
>>
Activated almonds are a real thing. You soak them in water for 12 hours and then dehydrate them for 24 hours at about 38-40 degrees Celsius.

Apparently, its more digestible when you remove various phytochemicals that prevent your body from receiving the full benefit of the nutrients almonds contain.
>>
>>7749698

Can you deactivate them?

Shouldn't activated almonds actually be called deactivated almonds since your removing stuff from them?

Can you activate almonds that have been deactivated after having activated them?
>>
>>7749736
No
>>
>>7749698
I don't have a face for that.
>>
>>7749756
Just look up an Australian, that's all you need.
>>
Activated almonds are a crunchy meme, like sprouted grains, spirulina, kale, quinoa, people who unironically use the term "superfood," organic/non-gmo, and anyone who actually uses a "dehydrator" in food preparation.
>>
>>7748575
You can deactivate them by cutting the red wire, the one right next to the ground wire.
>>
>>7749736
You can dip them in paint so it doesn't digest.
>>
>>7749698

or you could just like, eat more almonds instead of planning 12 hours ahead of time when your next almond portion is going to be
>>
>>7749736
Soaking almonds in water promotes the hydrolysis of phytic acid, which being an excellent chelating agent, is often found complexed with various mineral ions. The hydrolysis of phytic acid clearly increases the bioavailability of any minerals present and thus increases the nutritional value of the almond.

You can, loosely speaking and taking your trolling seriously, "deactivate" an almond by sequestering whatever minerals, organic acids, proteins, etc. you hydrolized from the almond with the use of a chelating agent such as citrate, EDTA or the like by reducing the bioavailability of minerals and other desirable constituents.

Faggot
>>
File: 1451287330209.gif (2 MB, 294x219) Image search: [Google]
1451287330209.gif
2 MB, 294x219
>>7750229

Say that you keep activating and deactivating them.

Would it be like a stationary markov chain in that the process would evantually no longer do anything?
>>
Does white rice also need to be soaked overnight?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.