[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
well /sci/? what do i say?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
well /sci/? what do i say?
>>
>>7748550
Nothing and move on
>>
>>7748559
but that wont help me feel superior
>>
>>7748562
try as hard as you want everyone will know you have a small dick
>>
>>7748562
No way you can approach this without him/her saying that's just the way we communicate with the universe. His idea is basically a soul anyway. Kinda like Hinduism I think
>>
>>7748550
And what if our eyes aren't actually seeing the world? What if damage to our eyes simply interferes with our ability to receive "vision" from the universe?

The answer is who cares.
>>
>>7748550
>what do i say?
Say that "we" do not assume anything, that "we" have learned about memory from the past hundred years of cognitive neuroscience, from which "we" have no reason to think the universe has a collective memory somewhere.
>>
>>7748605

There is no reason to think sciences explanations are correct.

It creates predictive models we assume to be true via induction but it does not tell us what is actually happening.
>>
File: BE CONFIDENT.jpg (22 KB, 247x320) Image search: [Google]
BE CONFIDENT.jpg
22 KB, 247x320
>>7748550
>i
>>
Ask them to explain Broca's aphasia.
>>
>>7748550
tell jaden to fuck off and stop smoking so much weed
>>
>>7748550
The only way is to take his idea to extremes and make him explain why the extreme is any different from what he proposed
>>
>>7748550
You are nothing more than a biological machine which is the product of millions of years of an evolving creation which has advanced through the years. Those "thoughts" that you think are so special and mystical are actually data collected from our perception on things and converted into organic signals in your brain. Brain damage is the equivalent of damaging a memory drive on a computer and having it run slower and forget stuff. There's nothing really spiritual about human anatomy; We aren't part of a bigger picture, we're nothing more than microscopic biological machines stranded in a tiny wet little pebble in an ocean of octillions of things that make us look like microscopic little dot.
>>
>>7748622
I stopped caring about math when I was introduced to the concept of imaginary numbers. What a crock of shit. If your equation can only be solved by inventing numbers that can't exist, like some kind of math deity , then you are fucking wrong and the math is flawed. Same for algebra solutions that basically say "the correct answer is whatever the correct answer is". Thats what the math said transcribed to words but god forbid if i wrote in down in english instead of the ancient math runes the teacher word mark me wrong.

Math is logical and numbers never lie my ass. Math is just as flawed as any other human construct.
>>
>>7749609
stale pasta is stale
>>
>>7748550
DUDE PSYCHEDELICS LMAO
>>
Put him in a faraday cage and ask him if he's still receiving memories from the universe
>>
>>7749827
>implying a sim locked in a doorless bathroom still isn't under the control of the player
>>
>>7748550
Call him a kuck.
>>
File: 1449431380034.png (96 KB, 382x491) Image search: [Google]
1449431380034.png
96 KB, 382x491
>>7748550
>>
>>7748550
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?
>>
>>7748611
Lrn2theory, pleb
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.