[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >community college for 4 years >over 75 credits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 4234156.png (19 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
4234156.png
19 KB, 100x100
>be me
>community college for 4 years
>over 75 credits
>3.6 GPA
>finished all Math, Physics I, and GE
>apply to CP Pomona
>don't get accepted

What do I do now, /sci/? I didn't apply to any other school.
>>
You get a job.
>>
>>7747853
>I didn't apply to any other school
Are you retarded?
Why wouldn't you give yourself some options?
>>
File: PDuz5YR.jpg (130 KB, 1000x829) Image search: [Google]
PDuz5YR.jpg
130 KB, 1000x829
>community college
>>
Pomona is shit - tier anyway friend, SLO kicks ass
>>
>>7747853
>>community college for 4 years
what the fuck

you kill yourself
>>
>>7747881

tfw I started in elementary algebra and pre-requisites fucked me over. Plus, I had to drop Pre-Calculus and Calculus I for certain circumstances. Took out Calculus II, III, Linear Algebra, and differential equations in one try, though.

>>7747875

I don't want to leave my home. I'm willing to drive an hour and a half at most from my house.
>>
>applied to one university
>>
>>7747875
pomona isn't shit tier you clown
>>
Welcome to the shithole the oligarchs have created, please enjoy your ride.
>>
Not a bad choice, but crying over Pomona is like crying over spilled milk.

You shouldve tried more than one decent college.
>>
I did 4 years and 100+ credits, thought I knew the school I wanted to transfer to, but got rejected.

Took a year off, got a software engineering job, then transferred to a school with a practically brand new applied physics program. I think it was best because with such a new program, we had really small class sizes and I got to work closely with profs.

OP take a year and reapply
>>
>>7747853
>>community college for 4 years
>>over 75 credits
so you wasted a bunch of time taking like 2 classes a semester? fucking dumbshit
>>
Pomona is shit tier and you should have applied to more of the CSUs. Good luck next time.

FYI... Youll have to leave your hometown if you want to accomplish anything significant in your life. Its not like you live outside of Boston.
>>
>>7747853
I know you want advise but you're a fucking dumbass for applying to one school.
>>
>>7747853
LOL i had a 2.9 and got into pomona for EE. Are you socially retarded?

Seriously though that school is crowded and you should have applied to different schools. They provably didn't accept you because you had so few units.
>>
Head over to CSUF and see if you can't knock out some classes through the Extended Education program until you get admitted next year.
>>
>>7747964

I couldn't do much since I was essentially fulfilling Math pre-requisites.

>>7747968

I just want to make 50k a year and just do my hobbies without worrying about anything financially.

>>7748038

I thought I'd be in since their acceptance rate is above 50% and I did all the math, golden four, and had over 60 credits. /sigh
>>
U.S.A Air Force will pay for my college and I get to have shit tons of fun in the process. :D
>>
>>7748152
What trade?

Avionics master race here
>>
Please tell me you at least applied to other schools m80...
>>
>>7748074
>
>I just want to make 50k a year and just do my hobbies without worrying about anything financially.

dude if you live around pomona or socal, then good luck living on 50k. that's sub 40k after tax with cost of living around here. good luck saving up for a down payment for your first house when 1/3 of your income goes to the most shittiest place around here.
>>
>>7747870
Why? At least the first 2 years at a US university is bullshit anyway, why bother paying the ridiculous 4 year uni price?
>>
>>7748543

I'm planning on living with my parents until they die. They bought three houses and two are already paid off, so one of them will be given to me when they die. I don't have big ambitions of owning luxurious items and showing my "status". My parents never graduated high school and if you combine their yearly salaries then the total comes up to 45-55k a year after taxes. As long as I take care of my money and don't go overboard with spending like so many of today's society does then I should be okay.
>>
>>7748543

Also, I meant 50k a year after taxes.
>>
File: 1288338689667.jpg (49 KB, 375x525) Image search: [Google]
1288338689667.jpg
49 KB, 375x525
>>7747853
I heard CP ;^)
>>
Can you give the admissions office a call and find out why you were rejected? Tell them that attending their school is a long-term goal of yours and you would like to know if you can be admitted, or how you can strengthen your app for the next year. Don't sound desperate, sound cool and in control.
>>
>>7749228
whats cp?
>>
>>7749293
cheese pizza
>>
>>7749293
cumin powder
>>
>>7747853
convert to judaism
>>
>>7747881
Fuck off. He is where he is.
>>
>>7749330
nice platitude, retard. you should kill yourself too.
>>
>>7747901
>I don't want to leave my home. I'm willing to drive an hour and a half at most from my house.

You may want to re-think this.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.