[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your study habits? From elementary to high school,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
What are your study habits?

From elementary to high school, I used to feel like everyone is better than me because of their grades. My self esteem was pretty low and I think those two things were connected. But the problem here was that I just didn't put any effort into anything. I never studied for more than 1 day (not full day, like max 2 hours of effort) before the test. I didn't take school seriously. But I still felt like everyone is just simply smarter and that I could never achieve that. So I used to get grades like C, sometimes B, but a lot of times also D, and I also had to retake some exams, but I just didn't care, all I cared about was passing the year.

So I'm finally making a change. I feel the want of it burning inside of me.

I want for studying to become my passion. I want to study every day, I want to make up for what I missed when I was in high school by not getting grades that I could. I want to prove to myself that I am capable. I want to obtain the knowledge of the world and beyond. I want my brain to work at it's best and I don't want to die thinking that I didn't use my full potential. I don't want to waste any other day not learning something. Today I've spent my whole day studying math and I feel so proud of myself. Also yesterday. Feels good man.
>>
>>7747719
you can't change your lazy habits, its your nature and its the way your brain works, you should chunk your study in small pieces for example solving a problem every two hours in the day.
>>
>>7747727
but we can rewire brain, right.
>>
You just need to get more interested. When you learn more you also get to understand very interesting results and problems which will drive you forwards.
>>
>>7747736
is not as easy as that we people with attention problems don't work like that the only way is meds BUT it changes our personality and creativity.
>>
>>7747741
I also thought that I had attention problems, but now I saw that I just really need to want it and I need to give myself reasons why I am doing it, and it keeps me in the place
>>
>>7747733
Yes.

The only way to do that, is by doing more of the same, that is to say; study.
>>
Keep up to date with your classes. By this I mean if time permits, you should understand what went on the previous lecture look at the in class examples and redo them without looking at the solution. Then a week before an exam read more, and do more practice q's.
>>
>>7747719

you just gotta be sure you understand any given topic. Watch youtube videos and stuff. You will find a lot of it isn't that hard.
>>
File: there must be more to life.png (189 KB, 850x1182) Image search: [Google]
there must be more to life.png
189 KB, 850x1182
>>7747719
>>
>>7747858
I don't think I entirely understand this. Somebody explain please
>>
>>7748778
If you get an A+ at university without studying then:
>It feels unfulfilling
>There's a sinking feeling that you're at a shitty university
>There's a sudden realisation that you are at shorty university.
>>
>>7747727
I changed mine, so I know this is not universally true.
>>7747719
Don't study in the same room you sleep in (and avoid studying in the same building) get exercise, don't listen to dance music or whatever while you're trying to study. Try to be around people when you're studying (this helps me at least, I feel uncomfortable with the idea that they'd notice me daydreaming).
Put your phone away and get off 4chan/Reddit/Facebook/yikyak/whatever
Add those to /etc/hosts on your laptop.
>>
>>7748788
Also: don't skip lectures and do lots of practice problems (if it's math, otherwise just do the homework/readings) all of that should be a given.
>>
>>7748794
Thanks! I haven't really been skipping a lot of lectures, so I at least know what we're talking about. The only problem is that I didn't do any exercises or practice or study on my own, so now I have to catch up with everything. I only wish I can manage it before the holiday ends.
>>
File: 1450474282330.jpg (25 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
1450474282330.jpg
25 KB, 346x346
>>7747719
If you studied 2 whole hours for highschool exams and still got shit marks, you're going to have a really bad time in uni
>>
>>7748807
Yeah, it's almost impossible to pass university math classes without doing the homework.
>>
>>7748862
But imagine those two hours like... searching for notes, copying notes fuck knows why, getting distracted a lot and just skimming through text... I didn't have any interest
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.