[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens to bacteria when they die? >inb4 bacteria heaven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
What happens to bacteria when they die?
>inb4 bacteria heaven
I mean, what happens to their remains? what remains do they leave?
Organelles floating freely?
>>
>>7746567
A lot of things can happen, but yeah one of the possibilities is them spilling their innards, especially after a viral infection. Read up on transformation and transduction.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 299x168
>>7746567
Bumping for general interest
>>
>>7746574
The point of asking is so all the "reading up" can be done here

:)
>>
>>7746584
This is a board for scientific discussion, not spoonfeeding idiots who are too lazy to educate themselves
>>
>>7746594
>This is a board for scientific discussion
really? Ive seen flat earth threads here
>>
>>7746598
Shitposting for fun and acting entitled to other people's efforts are separate

No one likes dealing with pricks
>>
>>7746615
So your saying /sci/ is not the 4chan government that hands out intellectual cheese.
>>
>>7746567
effectively the only thing denominating life is taht membrane dividing the Ginside from the Goutside

without the organization its ded jimmy

it opens up and spills its spaghetti

Often bacteria will refuse to die, desicate themselves, form super-chromatin assembled with UV-absorbing protein, and attempt to live forever-YUI style. But then a homie splashes a little sweat on them and they come back to life. - sporulation

For the most part its deemed necrosis, but it has been called many names.
>>
>>7746676
I do not like the way you phrase your posts to intentionally make yourself look stupid.
>>
File: 1449374313596.gif (301 KB, 254x200) Image search: [Google]
1449374313596.gif
301 KB, 254x200
>>7746676
>bacteria
>chromatin
>>
>>7746594
>>7746594
YOU dont dictate what this board is for.
>>
>>7746768
you dont dictate what this board IS for.
>>
>>7746768
No, but the lack of serious replies shows I'm not dictating, merely observing. I hope you're doing this on purpose, mate
>>
Bacteria have lysosomes in them. Usually the lysosomal membrane breaks and lysozymes digest the bacteria and everything it's made up of. Proteins break down to amino acids, lipids break down to triglycerides, etc.
This is how bacteria normally die.
Things like heat, hypotonicity, break down the cell wall and cell membrane of bacteria and they die, these are the unnatural causes.
>>
>>7746799

You don't dictate what this board is FOR.
>>
>>7746995
You don't dictate WHAT this board is for.
>>
>>7746615

>acting entitled to other people's efforts

Newton, Maxwell, Salk and Einstein gave their efforts to the world for free. Truely great ideas don't have price tags.

Your brain isn't special. It's like any other object in the universe that contains information; it opens up and empties it's contents, or it's useless. If you presume to secure the information against us, than we'll 'crack your safe.' If we can't crack it, and you won't open it, it might as well not exist.
>>
>bacteria heaven

I lold. Oh man.
>>
>>7746594
/a/ poster detected. Back to your cancerous moe shithole please.
>>
>>7746567
>AlienTampon.jpg

That movie was fucked up, but surprisingly better than the AAA shit Hollywood has been releasing.
>>
>>7747176
Missing the point for 100, Alex
>>
>>7747088
You don't dictate what THIS board is for.
>>
>>7746567
get eaten by amoebas and other bacteria or something.
>>
File: IMG_20151227_224114.jpg (27 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151227_224114.jpg
27 KB, 360x270
>>7746567
>>
>>7746594
>a board where you're supposed to share information
>being an asshole when someone asks for information

Please fuck off to whatever board you came from.
>>
>>7746676
straight outta reddit
>>
>>7748344
You DON'T dictate what this board is for.
>>
>>7746567
I believe they decompose into Nitrogen compounds?
>>
>>7748381
You don't DICTATE what this board is for.
>>
>>7748352
This
>>
>I had a microbiology class last sto ester

If the bacteria is engulfed by another microorganism, its organelles are digested by the predator.
However, if the bacteria dies due to exposure to heat, alcohol, and other harmful substances, the cell wall will blast and its organelles will scatter. I'm not quite sure what happens next.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.