[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if there are infinite universes in which things are slightly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1412551702338-0.jpg (31 KB, 287x313) Image search: [Google]
1412551702338-0.jpg
31 KB, 287x313
So if there are infinite universes in which things are slightly different then the other..

Is theren't a universe where a blade of grass was leaning to the left, but everything was the same as ours now? Or one where it's leaning to the right and everything is the same?

At what point are these multiverses just like the Stage or Level creator of a game where you dictate it's environment based on just your imagination alone? Because after all, these are INFINITE, anything you can think of can happen, given the prior conditions of the universe in mind of course.

So are multiverses really all that exciting?
>>
>>7746363
i believe this is a small part of why alot of scientist believe in a creator.
Just like we create a videogame world its inhabitants have no idea of the world outside but are able to study how things work, study the code,
our games are rather primitive since they are made from 1s and 0s and it ends there, but the game of our world well it seems to just go on and on and on and on and on and on with no end in sight
i can but wonder how deep will it go until we reach the "1s and 0s". And thats not even what you asked about.

When we talk of infinity can you really think of something in reality be infinite, are these infinite mutliverses really infinite? try to grasp this, we apply infinite in math and in reality differently.
In reality infinite is something we arent able to measure the number is too great that we dont have a number for it, hell numbers arent enough to count all of it, its that much, so the term infinite has a different meaning. In reality everything has a beginning and an end. Before there was time there could have been nothingness it ended and time began. Now the better question comes when will it stop going deeper and deeper? When will the "infinite" layers end and what comes after? Is it all just ever expanding? what can hold all of this expansion? nothingness? The same nothingness that started time a start? why? Well fuck if i know.

To answer your question, multiverses alone might not be all that exciting but when you add in the rest of the reality and go deeper and deeper adding more detail its just gonna fucking blow the mind up, and its just keeps going and going and going , i truly wish immortality would be a thing so i could have my brain fucked vertically "forever"

And yes in the mutliverse theory everything happens i think it explains that in any source you have
>>
File: Dove-doves-31209127-1024-768.jpg (87 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Dove-doves-31209127-1024-768.jpg
87 KB, 1024x768
The multiverse theory is a failed attempt to ignore the Creator's intelligence and will. It pretty much implies heaven and hell, magic and randomness, whilst a smart Creator is a simpler and more coherent explanation for our fine tunning. Multiverse theory is Modern Paganism.
>>
>energy can neither be created or destroyed.

This is wrong. Energy can be pulled so far it becomes flat.
>>
>>7749318
>Implying the universe had a beginning.
>>
>>7747861
Not OP, but we really can't determine how "infinite" multiverses can be, as you could infinitely create slightly altered universes, even without altering the basic laws that govern our universe, which may be subject to change (? Correct me if I'm wrong here) in alternate universes in multiverse theory. My question is, how do we know that the multiple other universes are truly infinite, rather than some abnormally large integer of universii?
>>
>>7746363
>Is theren't a universe where a blade of grass was leaning to the left, but everything was the same as ours now? Or one where it's leaning to the right and everything is the same?
Not necessarily. I have no idea why there seem to be so many more multiverse threads lately but infinite universes does not imply all possible universes.
>>
File: 1449415910451.jpg (418 KB, 800x1217) Image search: [Google]
1449415910451.jpg
418 KB, 800x1217
>>7749329
Yes, we can determine how infinite realms can be, because any limit would be itself arbitrary, and one would have to explain it aswell. So the "we just happen to be in a delicate realm that sustains intelligent human life" argument implies a infinite and limitless multiverse. People who defend it never actually understood it, so they might aswell be plebeians with degrees talking about shit they know nothing about because they couldnt ace math tests enough. To use the multiverse theory as an explanation of any physical constraint undermines your own position to think of limits in this multiverse. This is just good ol' pagans doing mushrooms again. If you want a good book on metaphysics, start with the Greeks! I suggest Plato's The Republic because it explains why the Creator must be Smart and Good. It's not a long read.
>>
>>7749344
I'll have to check out that read, thanks. However, I refute the notion that we are in a universe that "sustains" intelligent life, as Einstein's static universe has been disproven- meaning that there exists 0 evidence that any universe (as we can only observe our own) is stable or sustainable.
>>
>>7749347
Please, explain this remark.
>>
>>7749353
Well Einstein was really stubborn when creating his universe. In his equations, the total amount of energy can be very rudimentarily expressed as

K+U+C=E

Where "C" is the cosmological constant. He solved this equation for a certain value of C, yet another following physicist (I forget his name, forgive me. Not really relevant though) demonstrated that if this value C was adjusted even slightly in either direction, the universe would either expand or contract. This is why we have such a conundrum with expansion, as we have not developed a stable or complete model to compensate for both the universe's acceleration (while we also get deceleration). It's really a pickle, but the only thing we can agree on is that a static model of the universe contradicts the maths in almost every area and interpretation, causing physicists to alter gravity, or introduce new forces. The bottom line is that this universe is not going to last forever, so "sustainable" contradicts the very nature of our universe on a larger scale. Humanity will most likely never glimpse the end of the universe, but as it seems nothing lasts forever. These other parallel universes, do they have a death? Is another "infinite" and identical universe born the moment that ours dies? How do we measure or even speculate on such things?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.