[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look around you... the carpet, the walls, the desk, the computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Inter-dimensional.jpg (42 KB, 289x222) Image search: [Google]
Inter-dimensional.jpg
42 KB, 289x222
Look around you... the carpet, the walls, the desk, the computer itself... these are all constructs of the shared reality of our species. They do not exist, except in our minds. When you leave the room, they turn back into reality, resonant particles. When you return to the room, your mind recreates them as the shared constructs given to you by your ancestral lineage and the kindred consciousness that abides alongside you in this floating matrix.

tldr; ? if you were the only one of your species left alive, for you existence would cease to exist.
>>
nah i took a picture of my room just now on timer and it was all there while i was out of the room
>>
>>7746025
the camera and the paper are also constructs, however. so you are still perceiving with your construct generating capacities-- not true reality.

ask your cat, he knows.
>>
>>7746016
Prove the things you just said are true
>>
>>7746038
your mom is a construct
>>
>>7746042
You can prove it yourself with an electron microscope.
>>
>>7746016
Actually no, there are no other members of the species. The only conscious person is me and everyone else including you are just automatons. Prove me wrong.
>>
>idealism
Did you take Philosophy 101 yet
>>
>>7746082

it can't look through glass m8, I can
>>
>>7746095
>Le Descartes faic.
>>
>>7746016
Nah. I mean I pretty much believe this except for the part where reality needs currently living humans as opposed to just humans being around at some point in time.
>>
Babbys first quantum physics read
>>
>>7746016
Solipsism sure has become more popular now that science fiction has been disproved.
>>
File: 1368058297464.png (27 KB, 477x387) Image search: [Google]
1368058297464.png
27 KB, 477x387
>>7746016
OP, seriously, you're absolutely correct, they're called atoms, you're a descendant of them.
>
>>
>>7746187
>now that science fiction has been disproved

Wtf does this even mean, I'm legitimately asking
>>
>>7746016
And?
>>
>>7746202
This is all we get. The singularity is a cargo cult, at best. There will be no warp drives, no space elevators, no magic from science fiction.

Lacking anything else, people are falling back onto just denying everything, literally.
>>
>>7746206
Oof, that myopia

>Verily this it Patrocalus, we shall have no instant communication across the seas, man shall not walk the breast of luna; no frozen moments captured by light!
>>
>>7746016
>Shared reality.
No. All you just mentioned are aspects of personal reality. Shared reality, if you want it to be a thing, involves linkages between higher level aspects of personal reality.

Hence why I can talk about years to someone, and we all agree about how a year works, when in actuality come to find out they think the Earth rotates around the sun once a day. And yet we agreed! We agreed that there were seasons and blah blah.

The rest of what you said is nonsense and tries to turn quantum mechanics into you what you want it to be. Your summary is wrong and I sincerely hope you're trolling.
>>
>>7746211
Yes, that is what a big foot hunter or perpetual motion machine inventor sounds like.

What was your point? That anecdote is the plural of data?
>>
That's some nice hypotheses you have there.
>>
>>7746217
The point was saying "this shall never be" is always a losing game played by idiots
>>
>>7746237
And that argument only holds water when you believe in perpetual motion and geocentrism.

Choose. Disappointing reality, or solipsism?

OP chose solipsism.
>>
>>7746239
You must be buying your straw whole sale to afford attacking all those arguments I haven't made
>>
>>7746244
Okay.

I'll keep it simple. You said: "saying "this shall never be" is always a losing game played by idiots"

"The earth is the center of the solar system" is a statement that i say shall never be.

Do you agree?

"Perpetual motion is possible" is a statement that i say shall never be.

Do you agree?

"Evolution is completely wrong" is a statement that i say shall never be.

Do you agree?
>>
Dear OP, you posted that because you are a construct of my mind. I wanted you to post that. But now I want you to cease. You no longer exist. I dismiss you.
>>
>>7746510
k, i hear what you want but remember that reality is a co - crayon so i need to want to go away too; and i don't
>>
>>7746016

Wave-particle duality does mean that particle can have either state. Once particle has been seen as in it is forced to interact with the world it looses its wave attribute and can only behave as in particle.

This has been observed in two slit experiment which normally produces wave interference pattern on screen when photons are allowed to travel unobserved. When photons are observed before slits we loose interference pattern as particles don't behave as waves anymore.

This does not mean that anything we do not observe ceases to exist. Just that physical world behaves little differently that is intuitively thought. It means that everything exists in some sort of fickle state but it does exist. The information is there all the time. Physical dimensions are there. Nothing is lost.
>>
>>7746016
OP what you are talking about might be solipsism, I don't get why people dwell on it because it has no practical application and is useless
>>
>>7746016

Yeah, maaaan!

DMT? Psilocybin?

Pineal GLAND?!

MAAAN!
>>
>>7746016
yeah well my existence is as long as ur existence, depsite u being perceived as born and dying at different times. time is an illusion. whether you are two or thirty you are the same, time is an illusion.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.