[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the holographic universe theory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1249124021.jpg (40 KB, 450x376) Image search: [Google]
1249124021.jpg
40 KB, 450x376
What do you think of the holographic universe theory?
>>
File: wind fish.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wind fish.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
If we're living in a computer, then I think it would take a very powerful computer. The most powerful computer we know of is the biological brain. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say that all we are and experience is the dream of an unfathomably intelligent living being?
>>
>>7745983
Which begs the next question...

Are our dreams reality for somebody? Are the people we dream about alive in some way, if only when we're asleep? Maybe the reason people aren't aware and conscious in their dream is because it's all being shared by the people you're dreaming about.
>>
>>7745973
i like what susskind has been saying about black hole surface area and information density, so i can see how it could happen, but visualising it is hard without having everything straight morphing
>>
What exactly is it trying to say?
I only know the brain-in-a-vat thingy
>>
>>7745973
Then we should see bursts of matter/energy flowing into the Universe from the "outside".
>>
Prove a irrational number has a end and boom, we live in a false universe
>>
>>7745993
And what 'bout lucid dreams?
>>
area 51, dreamland.

They say what keeps us living, is a small mineral, that ignites once it is exposed to oxygen. Operates like coal does an engine. For all we know we may be part machine.
>>
>>7746442
You're talking about oxidative phosphorylation.

We're also machines outright. There is no question the human body is mechanical.
>>
>>7746457
Human body is an electrical and chemical factory. We use them to do whatever it is each of us does.
It's amazing what the human body can do. Even when it fucks up.
>>
>>7745983
The holographic principle has nothing to do with the simulated universe hypothesis.
>>
>>7746685
Isn't it the theory that the universe is actually 2D, with the illusion of 3D?
>>
Assertion 1 The first assertion of the Holographic Principle is that all of the information contained in some region of space can be represented as a `Hologram' - a theory which `lives' on the boundary of that region.

Assertion 2 The second assertion of the Holographic Principle is that the theory on the boundary of the region of space in question should contain at most one degree of freedom per Planck area.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.