[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people on here complain about how hard it is to get good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 641x573) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 641x573
Why do people on here complain about how hard it is to get good grades in college? I got a super high GPA and barely even studied lmao
>>
>>7745696
>homeopathy
>yoga
>body awareness

kek 10/10 troll
>>
>>7745699
>shamanism

ahaha people pay for this
>>
>>7745696
It might be because you're taking classes that even a 10 y/o could ace
>>
>>7745696
You're not funny because people like this are not only real, but there are far more of them than people in relevant programmes.
>>
>>7745696

I'd rather get a C- in Biochemistry than an A+ in any of those courses.
>>
Wtf do you learn in shamanism or body awareness?
>>
>>7745696
Return to the site where you first saw this.
>>
>>7745696
10/10
>>
>I got a super high GPA and barely even studied lmao

I laugh when fuckboys and fuckgirls brag about this. How is that supposed to be impressive? Congrats on not reaping the full benefits of an education that YOU payed for.
>>
>>7745788
>Congrats on not reaping the full benefits of an education that YOU payed for.
>that YOU payed for.
>payed for.

paid for*
Dude, get your act together. And yes, I'm not a native speaker myself. English motherfucker.
>>
>>7745696

>I visit reddit/imgur and use this image to troll people
>>
>>7745781
sweet jesus thank you
>>
File: 324167.jpg (426 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
324167.jpg
426 KB, 1600x900
This is a vision of the future. Post scarcity ecomomy and automation will lead to basic income and make working redundant, since there´ll be hundreds of million people without jobs. People will study what they like and what they´re interested. Eventually. our aged old monetary system will be replaced with a resource-based economy. There will be total transition of our culture in which the age-old inadequacies of our current monetary economic system, but also where war, poverty, hunger, debt and unnecessary human suffering are viewed not only as avoidable, but as totally unacceptable. A cybernated government, in which computers will replace the outmoded system of electing politicians that in most cases represent the entrenched vested interests. It will elevate the spiritual and intellectual potential of all people, while at the same time providing the goods and services that will meet their individual and material needs. Eventually the central cybernated systems will coordinate all of the machinery and equipment that serve entire cities, nations and ultimately the world. A one world government, controlled by an electronic autonomic nervous system extending into all areas of the social complex.
In the agricultural belt the computers and robots will automatically monitor and maintain the water table, soil chemistry, and coordinate the planting and harvesting of crops. In the residential sector, the system will maintain environmental cleanliness and the recycling of waste materials. It will be absolutely fantastic.
>>
>>7745829
Except your future is never going to happen, because countries like China and India are breeding at such an alarming rate, we're more likely to bomb ourselves back to the stone age before ever coming close to achieving post-scarcity. The earth does have a population problem, it's just entirely out of our fucking control.
>>
>>7745829
>People will study what they like and what they´re interested

They'll fuck, screw around, loiter, binge drink and eat, fiddle with their phones, watch TV, fuck some more, litter and fuck up the utopia.
>>
>>7745853
And vidya gaems.
Don't forget the vidya gaems.
>>
>>7745780
>shamanism
How to communicate with Gaia and chanel her energies.

>Body Awareness
Awareness of one's body, it's literally in the title.
>>
File: MT.jpg (158 KB, 960x310) Image search: [Google]
MT.jpg
158 KB, 960x310
>>7745853
>They'll fuck, screw around, loiter, binge drink and eat, fiddle with their phones, watch TV,
fuck some more, litter

But that is what people do right now after they get home from work. .
We don't know what people will do, when basic income is implemented, that is why there are dozens of experiments going on with the system around the world right now, in Finland, in the Netherlands, in Denmark, etc. The results so far have been succesful.

Don't use welfare recipents are your example. You cant compare welfare to basic income, because first a) you're continuously checked by the government b) in many countries you can't earn extra money next to your welfare thus removing the incentive to work c) constent stress knowing that your government welfare is only temporalily and being looked down upon by the rest of society leads to a typical NEET lifestyle.
>>
>>7745780
not op but body awareness can be pretty sweet. wouldn't study for it though.
>>
>>7745696
The funny part is (Beyond the idiotic courses) that 3.79 isn't even good. At all.
>>
One of the important things to consider is wether the bottle has to be filled.
>>
>>7745922
>But that is what people do right now after they get home from work. .
>We don't know what people will do, when basic income is implemented
Why would it be anything different than what they do with their free time now?
>>
>>7746821
Because they're not exhausted after working all day, for one thing. Also, they're more likely to pick jobs they actually enjoy or are interested in, since if they're in a job they hate, they can just go "Fuck it, I'll do something else because of the basic income."

Before you say "But what about sanitation workers, etc.", in Friedman's view, the market would correct for this by giving such professions high salaries (this is in a genuinely efficient market). In most countries, these jobs are handled by the government, which would do the same thing. I don't think either of these solutions are very good, and would call for a decentralized system of community and workplace ownership.

Another thing to consider is a system like that of the Soviet Union's, where managers are compensated based on how exactly they fulfill quotas for workers (that is, how exactly they attract the proper number of workers to their enterprise) issued down from a central authority. This incentivizes managers to treat workers better, and if the quotas weren't determined by a central authority, would likely lead to a more efficient and healthy workplace (let me be clear, however, that I don't advocate for this sort of system at all).
>>
>>7746878
btw I'm not >>7745922
>>
>>7745829
Cybernated government is a crazy idea. Politicians don't need to be elected in a thoroughly decentralized system, and a bureaucracy can be avoided with even minimal planning. Also, communal farming techniques are highly efficient, especially when organized for providing local subsistence as opposed to commercial production.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.