[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If object A is moving to the left with the speed of light and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 123124156.png (217 KB, 680x468) Image search: [Google]
123124156.png
217 KB, 680x468
If object A is moving to the left with the speed of light and object B is moving to the right with the speed of light at what speed is object A moving relative to object B?
>>
Help pls. I need to know
>>
Speed of light. And those objects are light.
>>
>>7745254
Speed of light + speed of light = 2 speed of light.
Simple relative motion.
>>
>>7745254
>If object A is moving to the left with the speed of light

Objects can't move at the speed of light.
>>
>>7745270
badbait
>>
>>7745282
Light can.
>>
3*10^8 m/s
>>
>>7745310

Light isn't an object.
>>
>>7745334
Exactly what i thought
>>
>>7745254
The speed of light, it seems unintuitive but velocity addition is different in SR than it is in classical mechanics.
>>
>>7745254

Actually it's 2 times the speed of light. At least that's what the rate at which the distance of the two will increase.
>>
>>7745334
how so? Light is photons
>>
>>7746093
Yes but that rate is not speed. And we want speed of A measured by B which is c.
>>
>>7746109

Do we? OP says "object A moves to the left and object B moves to the right" so obviously that means we're a third observer observing two objects moving away from each other and are neither A nor B.
>>
>>7745334
"Objects" aren't a physical concept doofus.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.