[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What job in science, technology and engineering (realistically)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (42 KB, 372x148) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42 KB, 372x148
What job in science, technology and engineering (realistically) has the highest pay ceiling?
>>
Doesn't matter because the highest paying job is CEO of a large company, or owner of your own. It doesn't even need to be STEM related.
>>
>>7744834
OP:
"Hey guys, what's the most interesting book you've read?"
You:
"It doesn't matter because the most interesting media is TV. It doesn't even need to be paper media."

Just kill yourself tbqh
>>
>>7744844
he asked for the pay CEILING well there you have it
>>
>>7744829
How do you actually integrate the pic related?
>>
One well paying job for the experienced would be an insurance company actuary.
>>
>>7744829
Oil
>>
>>7744885
Numerically, how else?
>>
>>7744829
Petroleum engineers have the highest life time earning of any profession, including medicine.

The first Anon is right though, the concept of a pay ceiling is retarded since the richest engineers don't make most of their money through salary, but through patent royalties, stock options etc.

And yes, CEOs of tech companies are the highest paid people on the planet. You usually can't even get close to upper management in those without a STEM degree.
>>
>>7745028
Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>7745028
Maybe a z = exp(i theta) substitution and determine the residues
>>
>>7745034
>>7745041
>going through all that effort when you can plug it in your favourite software and get an answer immediately
This is why I can't take mathematicians seriously.
>>
>>7745043
Knowing how to solve it is more important than knowing the answer
>>
>>7745046
You see, in the real world you don't solve a problem for the sake of solving a problem. You solve problems because it has some practical use. So no, knowing how to analytically solve it is not even close to as important as knowing the answer.
>>
File: hierarchy_of_topkek.png (13 KB, 520x322) Image search: [Google]
hierarchy_of_topkek.png
13 KB, 520x322
>>7745060
>this is how brainlets """""think"""""
>>
>>7745060
If there were no people who knew how to solve this by hand there wouldnt be "your favorite program"
>>
>>7745097
>You need to know how to analytically solve this to be able to calculate, or write a program that can calculate, the value of the function in a few points
Lmao how dumb are you?
>>
>>7745060
In the real world you need to understand to implement it in a programme and I don't want to be completely dependent on other people
>>
>>7744829
Ask Elon Musk.
>>
>>7744885
Partial fraction decomposition plus trig identities.
>>
EE
Source: me
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.