[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you spreading your genes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 36
File: 1451106654607.jpg (125 KB, 999x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451106654607.jpg
125 KB, 999x1080
So... I put it to you that being smarter than everyone else sucks.

Please set aside any debate about how people with low IQ might have other kinds of intelligence, or how IQ isn't a perfect test. I'm not talking about being the best at memorizing homework or doing calculations in your head. I'm talking about being smart enough to just instantly understand stuff other people don't. Being able to figure out completely new stuff independently. And being capable of dismissing irrelevant stuff outright, so for instance you are not interpreting my sentence about "everyone else" in a literal sense.

It sucks to feel like you have to explain stuff to a bunch of monkeys all the time. It sucks that the people you can be truly inspired by are for the most part dead or in some other way completely out of reach. It sucks to not have enough time to persue all your ideas, knowing other people can't. It sucks to know the world could be so much better, but that because people just don't get stuff... it isnt. And it sucks to be held back - and indeed sometimes punished - by masses who are much less intelligent than you are. We belong to a group of people who have been brutally killed, just for speaking the truth to people who haven't figured it out, for millennia.

So what are you doing to improve the situation for the next generation, and the world? What kind of a world are we heading for, a few centuries down the road?

Specifically, the question I would like to ask in this thread is this:

Are you fucking a lot, bareback? Are you spawning a whole bunch of kids to give your genes an evolutionary advantage?

Why/why not?
>>
man idk why i randomly decide to come on this site and look at a thread shortly before going to sleep

oh well, one more round for the night won't hurt.
>>
No. I choose instead to spread my maymays.
>>
>>7744789
>Choose
>>
>>7744778
I think the future of humanity lies not with humans but with machine. If we can create artificial intelligence that surpasses us in every way then that will be both our downfall and our legacy. For what is the value of mere humans in the face of an immortal ever evolving lifeform that has no limits? The right to live of such an entity far exceed the right to live of any or all humans.
>>
>>7744778
I heard a theory that intelligence comes primarily from the mother. (Whether because of mRNA or.nurture, who knows)

But yes, im only 24 and already have a bastard child somewhere out there who just turned 2. His mom took him while she was pregnant and hasnt demanded child support yet.

She couldnt handle my autistic tendencies like using big words etc. Or something. Ask her.

Anyway she's dumb as a bag of rocks, and possibly my son will too. But its impossible for him to be shorter than 5'11" and he's gonna be gorgeous
>>
>>7744967

Assuming you could pull it off, and get away with it, the most logical strategy would be to pump and dump as many women as possible and then marry one suitable to raise children.

This way, if you fail at raising children, or if by chance the children you are raising yourself happen to get unfavorable genetic sequences, you still have a number of backups who might make it even so.
>>
>>7744778
Genes don't correlate with intelligence *that* much, it's mostly a factor of environment.
What i want to do is spawn a bunch of free orphanages around most 3rd world countries to help spread knowledge in a way such that would practically help the people.
Ideas to spread so far:
- Mahayana Buddhism.
- Methods of Food cultivation and sanitary living in retrospect to living conditions.
- Mathematics to reinforce rational thinking and ideas.
>>
File: eupppsh.jpg (239 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
eupppsh.jpg
239 KB, 960x1280
I'm really glad you're back.

What I wonder is why you imply "improving the world for everyone" would be a desirable investment.
>>
>not just paying china under the table to clone you an army of offspring.
>>
>>7745013
everybody is trying to make the world a better place, why else would they do things?
>>
>>7745072
cloning really does defeat the purpose of evolution though.
>>
File: team-mystery.jpg (42 KB, 240x360) Image search: [Google]
team-mystery.jpg
42 KB, 240x360
No, fuck women and fuck being chained to a woman for the rest of your life

>inb4 hurr durr le fedora fag virgin
>>
Whose that semen demon in the pic op
>>
>>7744971
wow
thats kind deep anon, never thought of this
>>
>>7745075
>the purpose of evolution
>>
>>7745131
to create a more perfect organism to fuffill the purposes of survival. To become "more perfect" implies a progression which implies change, specifically a change in DNA code. In cloning there is no change in DNA and therefore the purpose of evolution and the purposes of conventional reproduction are defeated.
>>
>>7745134
you are merely repeating what has existed before, you have not degraded, but you have not improved, it's the equivalent of a no risk, yet no gain, investment.
>>
>>7745092
lrn2lookbehindthecurtain. It's written on pic.

Dat semen demon, tho.
>>
>>7745091
what a virgin ding dong
>>
>>7745134
>>to create a more perfect organism to fuffill the purposes of survival.
survival from what ?
>>
>>7745213
anything that could end your existence.
>>
Within the next few decades genetic engineering will make all of this irrelevant, so I'm not even going to bother pointing out all the retarded things you've said.
>>
>>7745134
Lol, DNA-based molecular evolution is a discredited theory.
>>
Few things; first I absolutely love having a high IQ (140+), mostly. Even compared to averagely above intelligent people, I feel as if I experience the world in a deeper and more connected manner than other people can. Indeed, shifting relevant stuff to irrelevant stuff plays a big role in this.

Second; I'm fairly social actually. I socialize with everyone. Still, there's always this gap between the people I hang out and me. Repeatedly,people have told me that 'I'm genuinely a good guy' and funny and stuff but they constantly feel the difference in intelligence. It destroys all debate, people do not even dare to express their opinion anymore because I always backfire them unconsciously.

There is literally no way in which I can make people unaware of my intelligence which is why it's inherently linked to my character.
It sucks. I'm me. I'm not my intelligence.

I'm 21 and not thinking about kids yet.
I am a vegetarian though and do voluntary work for an organisation that aims to solve a major international environmental problem.

I'm the only one responsible for what I do and I can't be held accountable for what others do, so if you want to change the world, the only thing you can do is to change yourself.

Eventually I'd like to become a neurophysicist and create some kind of a-brave-new-worldlike medication or I'd just like to understand conscientiousness
>>
>>7745216
>drinking water can kill you
>i must avoid water at all cost
>>
>>7745242
>>I'm 21
oh it shows
>>
File: keksimus.jpg (49 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
keksimus.jpg
49 KB, 596x628
>>7745248
>>
>>7745006
The American Psychological Association report "Intelligence: Knowns and Unknowns" found that IQ heritability is 0.75 in adults.

A significant part is environment, but it's not fair to say "it's mostly a factor of environment"

Of course, this applies only in places where the environment isn't deleterious through malnutrition etc. If we are talking about environment in terms of education and such, then it's a small but significant component

Of course, genes and environment are not discrete subdivisions, the interactions between the two make a whole that is far more representative than the sum of the parts
>>
>>7744778

>Implying intelligence is hereditary
>>
>>7745134

why
>>
>>7745242
>It destroys all debate, people do not even dare to express their opinion anymore because I always backfire them unconsciously.
Stop lying. You can't win any debate with dumb people.

>conscientiousness
lol
>>
i want children, but not with every woman.
And if I can get away with it, then with a woman with the mind of a woman.
>>
>>7744778

Here's how man and the universe really work, OP. Just because some of the people who say it are physically repellant, don't make it (not) so. Memes don't make it (not) so. Everyone on this board knows it, deep down inside.

The universe sprang forth unbidden from nothing, for no reason, and for no purpose. There is no god. Physically, everything is hurtling apart faster all the time, and the human condition is, an irrelevant, unpleasant contradiction in terms.

For humans, the central contradiction among many is that for our mental health, to satisfy our animal needs and so on, we are alternately obliged to both cooperate and compete with each other. And these, because we are social animals. This /is/, a contradiction in terms.

In basically the same manner that "social Darwinism" dishonestly abused "pop"-scientific meme-jargon (that is, the dilution of Darwin's theory in unscientific society) about a century ago to explain history, the same basic meme repeats itself these days in a slightly different iteration. People never stop asking about the meaning of life (despite its nonexistence), and the reason why this is so is because, from the animal fitness point of view, humans are wired to make narratives or stories into which they fit. Hence they will always seek meaning where there really is none, the more rhetorically effective, the better. One of the most rhetorically effective iterations of the old meme today is to confuse evolution with (nonexistent) meaning, thusly: "The meaning of life is to reproduce. (corollary): If you fail to reproduce, you lose the game of life, of evolution."

This is dishonest on multiple levels. First, it willfully conflates nature, evolution and so on, with /meaning/, and imbues the former scientific concepts with the latter squishy philosophical one.
>>
>>7745311

And the reason why this is wrong, is because humans are predisposed not to take the long view of reality. They are instead predisposed as animals to do things like stay alive, want sex, bury their dead, perform self-reflection, etc. But these are not /meanings/, they're just behaviors of animals in the world. What everyone really knows is, that every individual human animal dies, even those which are the result of one's own successful reproduction. The reason why we have the notion of an afterlife (or extended existence) at all, across multiple religions, is exactly because we know that "meaning" is absurd in the face of the (denied yet felt) reality that historically, every human lives at most for a few decades, and then again becomes nothing. This is so hateful to the reflective human, that it becomes necessary to tell a story which gainsays reality in a bid to rescue the self.

Death /precludes/ meaning.

Second, the "meaning of live is to reproduce" meme is dishonest in the sense that it amounts to a just-world fallacy where in the normie's mind, the other normies who participate in society, have gfs, breed and so on are the "winners", and the neckbeards, robots etc are the losers, which can of course be reasonably argued in life. But life is not the permanent equalizing default state-death is. Of course, as has just been pointed out, everyone (historically), without exception, will be dead within a few decades. In other words, the normie wishes to escape the thought of his own death for as long as possible, and the above meme provides a dishonest route toward that pleasant end. Point this out to him by reminding him of his own death, and at the least, he will become at the least, indignant. Worse, the total equalization of death not only explodes the above meme-fallacy, but has the same basic effect on any religion which prescribes an afterlife. (cont)

Everyone loses the game of life.
>>
>>7745073
You can take the stance, nobody chooses to be born.
So you can argue that people don't necessarily care about making the world a better place, as long as they don't suffer, they don't necessarily care. And but this I mean, they do just enough to not suffer from the guilt of not alleviating the suffering of other people
>>
>>7745072
> China
> Not Kamino
Top pleb m8
>>
I'm too tired to have kids and a wife.
>>
>>7745242
> Neurophysicist
Tell me about it please.
I'm trying to find people interested in neuro on /sci/ to form a discussion group
>>
>>7745319

The other function of religions which prescribe an afterlife, or extended existence, is to couch within such an extended existence a /difference of status/, which is comparable to the state of affairs in life. The people in heaven have /higher status/ in the afterlife than those in hell. Do-gooders who reincarnated as brahmins are /higher status/ than those who came back as rats. To explode these is to explode the possibility of the continuation of something resembling the normie social order, and they hate hate hate that. "Having babies is the meaning of life" is just the latest effort to rescue the the normie worldview without repairing to religious tenets. But in fact it's intellectually dishonest, and unscientific, accomplishing neither of the things that it seeks to do.

I have never heard, not one time, of a serious, non-meme religion (that is, one which had or has a living body of adherents for at least, say, 50-100 years) which satisfied all three of the following:

1) The religion teaches that an afterlife of some sort exists. When you die in this life on earth, you will go on existing somehow, elsewhere.
2) Every single human being who dies, without exception, is going to the exact same identical undifferentiated fate. Everyone is going to the same plane of existence/reincarnate as the same species of animal/etc, and
3) Absolutely nothing that you do during this life will have any effect of any kind on the above outcome.

If such a religion exists, I'd like to know about it. The various negations of 2) and 3) make possible the notion of the extended normie social order; to negate these is hateful to him above all else; death itself succeeds daily to undo his ideas, and to put the lie to the notion that "the meaning of life is to reproduce".

As a final shiv, suppose that future generations implement biological immortality. That not going to do you, personally, any good, is it? Somehow I doubt it will be viable during your lifetime.
>>
File: based.jpg (242 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
242 KB, 960x960
>>7745324
neurochemist here, but I can tell you that he probably just fucks around with electrophysiology and MRI. It's really cool stuff though.
>>
>>7745332
>everyone reincarnates as the same species of animal
>Bob dies and he reincarnates as a fruit fly
>Sally dies and she reincarnates as a fruit fly
>Muhammad dies and he reincarnates as a fruit fly
>Xinqing dies he and reincarnates as a fruit fly

This doesn't make sense to me. I see it happening more like this:

>Imagine a universe that contains only Bob, Sally, 1,000,000 cockroaches, and 2 fruit flies
>Bob and Sally die without mating, entering a timeless "void" between lives [the same one you occupied before being born a member of the Homo sapiens species]
>From this void, there is a 500,000:1 chance that 'you' [a non-existing entity occupying a timeless void: could be Bob or Sally, but in reality is neither] will reincarnate as a cockroach, assuming 1:1 mating patterns
>Basically, it's reincarnation but with karma being replaced by probability
>Reincarnation happens instantly from 'your' point of view because the 'void' is timeless

From this point of view, having many children could be seen as the moral thing to do, because you're giving someone a better chance at living a human life instead of a fruit fly or cockroach life. This doesn't work if you give your children a shitty life, though. It's also based on the assumption that human lives are inherently more worthwhile.

>Thoughts?
>>
this shit is getting deep.
>>
Conclusion : Don't bother yousrelf about life and the meaning of it. Nothing really matters.
>>
>>7744962
kek.
>>
>>7745075
>>7745134
>>7745140
Clones would be a good thing. They allow a far higher chance of your genes getting spread around. You don't even need to compete with your clones since their victory is your victory.

Identical twins/triplets/etc have known this for generations.
>>
>>7745406

My point was not to go into the autistic theological details of the "unproductive" theory I gave at the end. Rather, my immediate point was to illustrate that human normies (always in the majority) are compelled to craft narratives that give them something to strive for, and explain history --- hence religion, marxism, the "meaning of life is to reproduce" meme, etc. So, of course the latter example that I gave is unappealing to humans in the sense that humans can't "do" anything with it, or project status-differences, the present order, etc. An analogue to the example is death itself. Humans can't "do" anything with that idea, either.

My larger point is that these narratives are generally false, at least as far as they compare with what the rest of reality is telling us. In order to start to have a conversation about meaning, we would first of all have to extend our own existences the best way that we can imagine how: here, in this world. But even if technology should eventually make this feasible, such a development is not going to have any relevance to anyone currently reading this post during today's date.
>>
>>7745417
All that matters is that you have fun. If having fun is spreading your genes around with the knowledge your line is continuing, go for it. If having fun is sitting at home masturbating to wifus and dying childless then go for it.

If you are not having fun, something is wrong.
>>
>>7745417

This. This man gets it. He understands.

Have kids if you want, or are able. Pass the time as pleasantly as possible, if that's your preference, or become miserable. It's all the same in the long view.
>>
File: F4.large.jpg (200 KB, 1280x639) Image search: [Google]
F4.large.jpg
200 KB, 1280x639
>http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/42420/title/Horizontal-Gene-Transfer-a-Hallmark-of-Animal-Genomes-/
>Horizontal Gene Transfer a Hallmark of Animal Genomes?
>To re-evaluate the extent of bacterial gene transfer into animals, Crisp and his colleagues analyzed 40 animal genomes, including 10 primates, 12 Drosophila species, and four Caenorhabditis genomes. The researchers computed a score to quantitate how closely a gene aligned to a non-metazoan sequence compared to a metazoan, or animal, sequence

>Based on this score, they considered genes that strongly resembled non-animal sequences to be horizontally transferred. Depending on the scores, between 55 percent and 88 percent of the sequences analyzed strongly resembled prokaryotic sequences, suggesting they had been introduced into animal genomes by lateral transfer

Yes, I am spreading my genes. Horizontal gene transfer is going on all the time, regardless of if I reproduce or not. When I die, there's a high likelihood that some part of me will be transferred to another organism - maybe even a macroscopic one.

But in truth, I don't want to spread my current genes - I want to acquire better ones, instead of perpetuating my human genome. I'll probably start with a microorganism, and go from there.
>>
>>7745441
As long as you are happy , what is the problem ?

Actually , i understand that we should know what is the real happiness for us in order to not be taken by the fake happiness.
>>
>>7745245
you most avoid drinking water in the way that would kill you.
>>
I am not spreading my genes as I'm slightly overweight due to being pretty much entirely sedentary as I have no means of exercise that is entertaining enough for me to consistently due. Because of this I am very unattractive and will not be able to spread my genes In a manner in which I would feel satisfied with.
>>
>>7744778
>Are you spreading your genes?

No. I don't see any reason to. Why would I, only because my parents did too?

The time of biological reproduction slowly nears its end, computers will inherit the world.
>>
>>7745417
This, life is what you make of it. There's no inherent meaning.
>>
>>7745435
No. My genes, when I spread, I win.
They'd be competitors of mine.
And they would not be me, since we'd be different organisms
>>
>>7745437
>>7745319
>>7745311
But at least everything you said here will make a difference in our lives. The way you think , is just inspirational. I kinda love you.
No homo

(i'm serious, really)
>>
>>7745593
You don't know how clones work do you?
>>
>>7744989
I''m in a similar situation. But I feel really bad about it, because I was with the baby for the first year of his life, and he was very attached to me. He's a really smart kid. Started answering questions with simple words at just 2 months. Walked his first steps before he was 6 months old too.

Now he's 1,5 years and doesn't talk, doesn't smile... He's dirty and in an environment with no stimuli, little attention and a lot of verbal arguments, which is really not good for him. His mother is mentally ill, so he is basically tended to by two moronic (and seriously mentally ill) grandparents, who dislike me for being a fancy schmancy city boy. This is Norway, so there is some really heavy disciminating going on towards fathers in custody cases. I literally can't reach him. It seems my options are just to give up, or to loose him to foster care in court. She said I might be a pedophile, and that trumps all logic and sense in the head of a judge.

I guess it's good to have some legacy. I'm just (serously) afraid he might commit suicide by the time I actually get to talk with him, and if not that his brain and life will by fucked up beyond repair at that point.

I'd still like to have offspring, but bringing them up is obviously a big and important part of it.
>>
As much as I consider myself to be at least somewhat educated, I refuse to reproduce. Main reason being is that I'm a type 1 diabetic, and I will not put my children through what I have to deal with, on top of adding to an already growing list of people who have diabetes.
>>
>>7744989
>yet.
do not worry, the bastard will ask for his part of inheritance, if he files for it in due time [here, the bastard can wait until its thirties]
>>7746538
>>7744989
>>7746538

and you are right to spread your genes, but do not hesitate to do more, varying through social classes and ethnicities..

>She said I might be a pedophile, and that trumps all logic and sense in the head of a judge.

classical tactic by women who have been hyping so much pedophilia for 40 years, for a good reason.
I know a father whose future ex-wife called the police on him, saying that he touched his daughter. big troubles ahead of him.

play it safe and think statistically: not every child is meant to develop well. but do more than one child, and more than one social background.
>>
>>7744778
>Are you spawning a whole bunch of kids
>Why/why not?
No, because children are an IQ test. If you have them, then you failed the test.

If you're already whining about not having enough time to do the stuff that you want to do, then having kids would be a death sentence for you.

If you're thinking that you should just impregnate a bunch of random women and somehow that will lead to a more intelligent population, it won't, for several reasons:
1) Her intelligence matters, as well
2) Intelligent females won't let you get them pregnant
3) Even if you did manage to impregnate an intelligent woman and got lucky enough that the child had a decent brain, the father (you) abandoning it from birth would screw it up severely and just leave another angry, non-productive, useless human being for the rest of us to support with our tax dollars.
>>
File: 1433346894556.jpg (174 KB, 756x771) Image search: [Google]
1433346894556.jpg
174 KB, 756x771
>>7745311
>>7745319
>>7745332
>>
>>7745311
OP here.

Of course there is no meaning of life. Speaking strictly logically and objectively, there is no reason to live either. I realized and thought a lot about this as a kid and young teen, as I suppose a lot of others here did too.

Nevertheless, we are here because we have chosen to live at the whims of our emotions. Emotions reward us and beckon us to continue, and so we continue living. Even though suicide when we're feeling tired - or anytime at all really - might make as much sense as anything, and there are a ton of reasons why nothing really matters.

Among these emotional concerns are the future of the planet, and the well being of others. And frankly, there is something that really annoys me about being part of a monkey planet which never progressed beyond that. Science fiction has provided us with plenty of ideals to aspire too.

So, as long as I choose to be a living person, with all that entails, I will probably concern myself with "petty and meaningsless" stuff such as making the world better, and thinking about the future of humanity. It's a choice which goes with choosing life for me.
>>
>>7746602
1. I would still contribute to raising the average. The bottom line is the world average would be better with me fucking around, than with a dumb guy fucking around (or nobody at all).

2. I don't think you can exclude the possibility. Even though many intelligent women (sadly) tend to focus on careers and thus kill their linage. But women tend to go crazy about having kids in their thirties, and they too can gain by breeding with me. Women who have come close to pregnancy with me so far include a martial arts world champion, and a stunningly beautiful female engineer with a high IQ.

3. Again, you're doing a worst case scenario. I made it through some heavy stuff myself, so I know it's possible. Also I might stay with the mom, be a part time father, or he might have a good step father. I'd enjoy having a kid to mentally spar with.
>>
>people think humans are important
Keke.
Humans are just energy storage for some species of bacteria and such.
>>
>>7746644
>Women who have come close to pregnancy with me so far include a martial arts world champion, and a stunningly beautiful female engineer with a high IQ.
plenty of people qualified as smart do not produce smart children.

most children are not geniuses, and most children are at the same level of the parents, even after training. and if those ''smart'' women are wiling to spread their legs, up to getting pregnant with a nobody, you can safely claim they are not ''smart'' in the first place.

anyway, smart does not apply to women.
>>
File: 1444753803562.png (219 KB, 1269x4783) Image search: [Google]
1444753803562.png
219 KB, 1269x4783
>>7746628
>>Nevertheless, we are here because we have chosen to live at the whims of our emotions. Emotions reward us and beckon us to continue, and so we continue living.

yet what is equanimity. only the hedonist has faith in his emotions. and emotions never bring satisfactory happiness, since they cease and are flimsy and you do not control them, yet you still cling to them.

it is high time for you to learn a bit of the dhamma.
>>
File: 1449544655300.png (257 KB, 1700x1273) Image search: [Google]
1449544655300.png
257 KB, 1700x1273
>>7744778
Betas love to spend their money and time in providing for the mother and children. Alphas cuckold the betas and manage to get their children raised in the household of the betas.

Let your children be raised by betas providing for them. Most what makes us is the genetics (beauty, strength, intelligence, knacks for such or such activity). A good upbringing is nothing but more opportunities for the child to find and develop his knacks.
Once we know this, we understand that it is a matter of statistics, on the number of children, on the number of mothers, on the social background of the households, on the the betas.

If you fecundate many females, instead of only one to make only 1 or 2 children, your genes will likely give good men and women. It is all about statistics as not every child of yours will be ahead of his pairs. To conceive only one or two from the same female is
-less diversity
-more risk that the genes are fucked up
-more risk that the upbringing is fucked up
-super costly since you pay directly yourself
>>
>>7744778
"I have been studying these forty years, and I find that it has been so much time lost...I believe that I am composed of matter, but I have never been able to satisfy myself what it is that produces thought. I am even ignorant whether my understanding is a simple faculty like that of walking or digesting, or if I think with my head in the same manner as I take hold of a thing with my hands...I talk a great deal, and when I have done speaking I remain confounded and ashamed of what I have said."

That's what Voltaire wrote in his story of the good Brahmin. The conclusion, though, is that not one person would sacrifice an ounce of intellect for an ounce of happiness. We are loss averse, we can see a possibility for cultivating happiness while retaining our faculties, but know retarding ourselves will be irreversible.

I disagree with the story. I disagree that one will necessarily be unhappy if one is wise or intelligent. I think emotions and knowledge aren't as heavily linked as people assume they are.

The problem Voltaire presents isn't that the man knows too much, but that he is too attached to having to know some ultimate truth, and he's too attached to his past. He's too concerned with this idea of 'wasting time' instead of reckoning that his time has been better spent than most.

Happiness is a fleeting emotion that is outside of our control, what people mostly want is contentment, which isn't actually all that difficult to obtain. Stop focusing on what you long for and are resentful you don't have, and start focusing on what you have and are grateful for. Happiness comes and go, as does anger, sadness et cetera. If you are content you can experience these emotions without the lasting suffering that often accompanies them.
>>
File: 1434232991032.png (102 KB, 1821x1054) Image search: [Google]
1434232991032.png
102 KB, 1821x1054
>>7746713
>The conclusion, though, is that not one person would sacrifice an ounce of intellect for an ounce of happiness.
this is what the rationalist believe, especially once you understand that your ''intellect'' is nothing but imagination together with your faith in induction/abstractions/fantasies/. once you go empirical, you escape the sterility of the faith in ''reason''.

>>7746713
>>Happiness is a fleeting emotion
it is fleeting only if you are a hedonist. as soon as you stop to identify yourself with your deliriums, and other affect, you reach, by definition, what is far more permanent which turns into durable happiness.
>>
File: 1450634720625.png (108 KB, 1851x1053) Image search: [Google]
1450634720625.png
108 KB, 1851x1053
>>7746719
The_Mind_Illuminated_A_Complete_Meditation_Guide_Integrating_Buddhist_Wisdom_and_Brain_Science_John_Yates_(Culadasa)(2015)_02
>>
File: 1436106457288.png (112 KB, 1838x1049) Image search: [Google]
1436106457288.png
112 KB, 1838x1049
>>7746722
>>
>>7746722
Thanks bro, I've been trying to find better books on meditation. I tried Harris' 'Waking Up' but that wasn't a guide, it was more 'I'm Sam Harris and I'm more enlightened than you.'
>>
File: 1438110021313.png (90 KB, 1839x1055) Image search: [Google]
1438110021313.png
90 KB, 1839x1055
>>7746724
>>
by the way, those jhanas are still hedonism, but a higher kind, far more rewarding since the bliss is the best. those jhanas are meant to be abandoned too, since they are not durable.

reminder that hedonism is the
-the belief in some self
-the existence of the self goes at least into
-- the desires
---of avoiding pains
---of getting pleasures
--the experiences of pains and pleasures themselves

sex is the foremost activity in which hedonists identify themselves, then comes other pleasures such as foods, travels, music, cars and so on.

as soon as you leave hedonism, you embrace a doctrine which explicitly deals with the desires. the most famous doctrines hold the principle of equanimity/equipoise/ataraxia as one of the highest principle: this is what the liberals/libertarians who are more hedonistic than anything else will never understand and this is why the liberals mock the christian [=those who meditate and contemplate] in thinking that the christians denigrate pleasures [which means sex for the liberal/libertarian] since liberals/libertarians cannot into anything else than mundane hedonism.

the best part is when those same liberals/libertarians try to copy the joy obtain through those jhanas, in thinking that those are compatible with mundane hedonism.
>>
File: Sephiroth....png (38 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
Sephiroth....png
38 KB, 128x128
I probably couldn't anyway because I'm so awkward but I would choose not to spread my genes. There are a few reasons for this:

- I'm interested in the intense pleasure of sex only and not in love or relationships, if it were possible to extract just the pleasure from sex and not have children then I would go with this option

- I wish the mental agony I've had to go through to never happen to ANYBODY, PERIOD.

- I want to be the only me there ever will be that ever exists. There will be nothing like me ever again to ever happen.

- I'm an existence that has gained self awareness and am aware I am a part of everything, but I reject just "melding in" with everything and will do everything within my power to solidify my own ego. I'm aware my flesh body impulses me to do things and I wish I could reject these impulses but my flesh entices me to do so.

- I reject and hate existence without god, nothingness is what I would want to become without him.

- I want to be an elite, class of my own with God as my friend being able to freely move in and out of relationships to experience god and adventure as much as possible. I don't want to be tied down.

- Existence is a duality of a positive and negative energy and I favor primarily the negative which has an emphasis on individuality, logic, laws, elitism, difficulty and glory.
>>
>>7746538
Snatch him and go into hiding.

Side question : Is Norway still not part of the EU? I'd rather have you guys instead of Turkey.
>>
>>7746704
>orientalism
Ew. Please kill yourself, faggot.

>>7746711
>To conceive only one or two from the same female is
>-less diversity
>-more risk that the genes are fucked up
>-more risk that the upbringing is fucked up
>-super costly since you pay directly yourself
This
>>
>>7746800
>Snatch him and go into hiding.
he does not know that feminism is trendy
>>
File: nietzsche.png (25 KB, 576x138) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.png
25 KB, 576x138
>>7744778
Nietzsche knew that feel OP
>>
>>7744967
>Only the most naive or self deluding parent doesn't realize and understand that have children is more or less an engineering project.
Honestly I think society might actually improve if we dispensed with the traditional family structure and raised children on an industrial scale in rigorous compliance with technical standards.
>>
File: dog walk.gif (1015 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
dog walk.gif
1015 KB, 207x207
>>7746777
>intense pleasure of sex
>>
File: idiocracy.jpg (137 KB, 1000x1393) Image search: [Google]
idiocracy.jpg
137 KB, 1000x1393
>>7746777
>>7745242
>>7744967
>>7744778
How bad does it suck that the guy who wrote the opening scene to "Idiocracy" was the Nostradamus of our time.

I hate it, but know in my heart it's 100% right.
>>
I inseminate my gf's pussy every day
>>
File: 1433372470200.jpg (90 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
1433372470200.jpg
90 KB, 940x627
women being histrionics and hedonistic, it is very easy to knock them up. the hard part is to remain anonymous, but with simple rules, the task of the female to find the fathers is complicated.
-never bring the females back to your home
-never disclose your name, job, family issues
-use disposable phones and VPS in shady country when you communicate with them
-avoid several of your females to meet
>>
>>7744989
>But its impossible for him to be shorter than 5'11"
>>>/fit/
>>
>>7746538
>janteloven
>>
>>7745073
>why else would they do things?

>I have one idea for what might motivate every human to do everything they do
>Therefore I must be right about this
>>
File: laughing meth cooks.jpg (30 KB, 435x351) Image search: [Google]
laughing meth cooks.jpg
30 KB, 435x351
>>7745134
>evolution moves towards perfection

LOOK AT THIS NIGGER AND LAUGH!
>>
>>7745075
>cloning really does defeat the purpose of evolution though.

>purpose...

Also, relying on cloning will fuck a species in the long run. Random mutations are what makes life adaptable.
>>
>>7748238
>tfw mandatory DNA testing for every citizen will happen within your lifetime
>tfw millions of deadbeat dads will be found instantly through a central database
>>
File: 1427175217447.png (2 MB, 497x3328) Image search: [Google]
1427175217447.png
2 MB, 497x3328
>>7748274
>>tfw millions of deadbeat dads will be found instantly through a central database
yes, but someday those dads will wake up and will stop this madness... or not.
>>
>>7748264
I'm trying to start ww2 lol. Evolution is involved lmao.

>>7748289

Sounds very possible right?
>>
>>7745242
I am quite certain you are lying about your IQ,; you sound like an imbecile who is trying to sound intelligent, or someone who is trying to sound fancy in their second language.
>>
File: 1450589475614.jpg (51 KB, 553x362) Image search: [Google]
1450589475614.jpg
51 KB, 553x362
>>7744778
>nearly 2016
>still trying to get laid

I had a few chances in university and when I worked at my last job. Probably once a year, but they were always crazy Korean women. I have no idea what I did to attract them but I never want to be in that position again.
>>
I completely understand how you feel. I also happen to be fellow genius. life is very hard for us intelligent individuals.
>>
I have absolutely no clue how to do this.
>>
>>7745298
Dumb people are just as much people as you are and as long as you're friendly to hem they can change their opinion.

>>7748298
>France
It's pretty easy to sound pretentious on an anonymous image board where you have no facial expression and this is how I actually talk. It's not perfect but it comes naturally and I can't be bothered to change my words; they cover what I want to make clear.

Perhaps read a non-stem book once in a while. You get more used to words that you actually use irl instead of theorem-language.

Do note that I often hang out with less intelligent (social sciences) people. I can't stand hanging out with STEMs too often.

They are more friendly and stuff but really getting on their level is hard.
>>
I have some hope that my children will be even taller and more intelligent than I am, basically geniuses, that they will be the mecha/fighter pilots or doctors, lawmakers, civil rights activists, scientists, researchers, and engineers of the future who will save everything from ourselves.

I would rather die childless than birth average people or, worse, people who are severely retarded.

I could be a sperm donor though. I assume it wouldn't be awful in terms of quality.
>>
>>7744778
If you're so clever why can't you spell 'pursue'?
>>
>>7744778
>Are you spreading your genes
>Are you fucking a lot, bareback?

/lit/-tier bullshit solution. That'll net you maybe twenty kids. I donate sperm often. I will father hundreds.
>>
>>7749926
Do you ever get to know how much babbies you made?
>>
>>7744778

yes im 23 with 4 kids all boys. that's why i am on this board to try to learn. i am a fuck up and never paid attention in school but i was blessed with good height a a strong jaw line. I look smarter than i am cause i have the rich white boy look but anyway i have 2 kids in my hometown, one in seattle when i lived there for 8 months and another in AZ when i was there for 4 months.
>>
>>7750015
Do they cost you a lot of money?
>>
>>7750033

yes i gave up working because 16% x 4 was taken from my check. literally was not worth it no matter how much i was making
>>
>>7750037
So now that you're unemployed you don't have to pay?

Until you get another job and than it's back to paying up again, I suppose?
>>
>>7745242
Almost believed you but then
>vegetarian
You have an IQ of 75 at the very most you autistic faggot.
>>
>>7746777
What "mental agony" did you have to go through?
>>
>>7750663
>getting this mad at people for eating different things
you sound like a vegan
>>
>>7750710
stop twisting the argument you autist

vegans (includes you) are stupid
period.
>>
>>7750710
Stay retarded. Vegetarians/vegans are the dumbest shits on planet earth.
>>
>>7750712
>>7750723
Why are they dumb? Why do they offend you so by not eating meat?
>>
>>7750757
I love plants. Fucking ass jew nazi vegetable haters.
>>
>>7750757
For one thing more often than not, they are liberals. That automatically tells someone that their IQ is definitely double digit.

Next, they either:
A. Believe they are stopping "le animul crooolty xDDDDDD"
B. Are genuinely retarded enough to believe that eating no meat is healthy (it's not)

They are a lowest of the low, and are your typical autistic "enlightened" university edgelords.
>>
The problem coherent of what causes it can come to decimation under one psychological utility: understanding. For instance; I understand that my dog is a dog. I'm not going to try explain quantum mechanics to him; I'm going to treat him like a dog.

You know what I do with dogs, OP? Play with them. I enjoy playing.

Endorphins being crucial in the matters of socialization, try doing things which heighten those. Surprisingly enough these activities also increase intelligence by a fair amount.

>So what are you doing to improve the situation for the next generation, and the world?

Nothing, at the moment. Enjoying life as it is.

>What kind of a world are we heading for, a few centuries down the road?

A less populated and greener one.

>Are you fucking a lot, bareback? Are you spawning a whole bunch of kids to give your genes an evolutionary advantage?

No.

>Why/why not?

Spiritual reasons (i.e. God told me (haha)). I also believe that marriage is an impedance to human nature.

I'd love to have children, but also to not be bound psuedopermanently.
>>
>>7750813
>marriage is an impedance to human nature
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>7750794
Liberal as opposed to what? Murrica tier neoconservatism?
>>
>>7750794
You forgot to add an option C.
C. It's [current year] guys xDDDD why are you all so against [idea retrieved from tumblr and/or imgur].
>>
>>7751067
As opposed to paleoconservatim. Neocons are basically liberals in disguise.
>>
>>7744778
No. I'd like to think I'm smart enough, but I'm also physically disabled. It's yet to be determined whether my poor health is a result of shitty genes or an injury but unless it's determined to not be inheritable I'm going to keep using birth control no matter what. I can't justify taking the risk of passing on my drawbacks even if they were to go hand-in-hand with an above-average intellect - particularly not at a point in time at which it's entirely possible to just look for a sperm donor who's both smart /and/ healthy.

>inb4 kek
>>
Paleoconservatism isn't even a realistic ideology in today's world though.
>>
>>7751171
What do you even mean by "realistic"?
>>
>>7744778
This is true. Back in HS I'd have to explain myself over and over again even to the smartest of my friends. It was a major pain in the ass.
>>
>>7751246
Having achievable goals.
>>
>>7751371
Says a lot about your character that you would even choose an ideology based off of how likely it is to take off.
>>
>>7745075
Not really. It's a benefit of those more evolved to become cloned in the future once the ability is there. Just like how having access to the best resources or weapons based on your geographic location or social status and family wealth is also a benefit of the more evolved.
>>
>>7751424
Says a lot about your character that you would attach yourself to an impossible cause since what remains is mere posturing.
>>
>>7751469
>posturing
behave in a way that is intended to impress or mislead others.
"a masking of fear with macho posturing"
synonyms: pose, strike an attitude, strut
"Keith postured, flexing his biceps"

archaic
place (someone) in a particular attitude or pose.
"and still these two were postured motionless"

I'm not trying to impress or mislead anyone. When you use inappropriate words you look pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>7751487
If your political position is inconsequential, if it doesn't change anything and is incapable of changing anything, what else it is is but a posture?

You might as well call yourself an anarchist or a libertarian or another political meme label for that matter.
>>
If you taken a class in evolutionary biology then you would know that intelligence was a dead end in the gene scale. If intelligence was evolutionary than other animals would have reached our level of intelligence. Why we become sentient is a big mystery. Its most likely environmental and the advent of language. Your job as a human is too spread your seed and create more copies. Our intelligence is just a byproduct of the environment. Not evolution.
>>
>>7751499
If you'd understand evolution you'd realise there is no 'job as a human' at all.
>>
>>7751498
Dignity? I would like to believe that I would fight head to head against satan even if I knew full well that I'd eventually lose. Politics (like any major decisions in life) should not be a popularity contest.
>>
>>7751503
You have one job and that is to ensure the survival of the human race. That's spreading your seed aka having kids. This is why in place of war, famine and poverty, humans breed like bunnies to ensure their survival. This is our only job. After this is hunting for our food.
>>
>>7751513
There is no job, silly.

Evolution is not teleological.
>>
>>7744971
>an immortal ever evolving lifeform that has no limits
You mean humanity?
>>
>>7751567
>one of the younger species on earth
>already getting into trouble

you sure lad?
>>
>>7745216
>implying death is not evolved for
>>
>>7744778
Fail, high levels intelligence and procreation are not mutually exclusive. Being a giant faggot or failing to develop social skills leads to a lack of procreation. Society will carry on even if your bloodline dies with you. Many brilliant people connect with one another or a normie and procreate /thread
>>
>>7751149
There's always IVF/gene screening for heterozygous genetic disorders
>>
>>7744778
I choose to enjoy my life without compromise, and that means no children. They're a pain in the ass to raise and look out for. Having a significant other to fuck is good enought for me. Besides, the world is overpopulated as it is. We don't need even more babies born.
>>
Too much ass.
>>
>>7751567
>ever evolving

Not sure humanity fits the bill on this one. Our reasons for reproduction don't necessarily lead to the advancement of our species anymore.
>>
>>7745006
You should also include gun training. The problem with passiveness in 3rd world countries is there tends to be an aggressive group that will wipe the passive one out. So you need to instill ideas that allow them to defend the institutions that allow their goals to be met.
>>
File: i moustache you a question.jpg (242 KB, 533x674) Image search: [Google]
i moustache you a question.jpg
242 KB, 533x674
Ive got a lot of crazy in my genes.

Having dealt with a bi-polar mother and obviously damaged extended family, I am greatly concerned about raising some sort of psychopath.

What do you think? should I take the gamble?
>>
>>7752154
I'm fairly certain bipolar stems from deep emotional conflict and potentiated by constant environmental agitation relative to the former.

Genetic aspects are not the cause, they're just an initial predisposition. Psychiatry is trying to tack every observed "illness" to some sort of mechanical failure, seemingly without taking into account the person themselves IS that very machine. How disgustingly banal to not try to identify and reconcile psychological factors.

Source:
I was "diagnosed" bipolar type 2. It was casually suggested schizoaffective might be a better classification. Never bothered with medication though. Didn't give a shit then, don't give a shit now. I know more or less why certain things trigger hypomania.
>>
>>7752105
>Too much ass

Impossible!
>>
>>7752174
Very possible.
>>
File: i hate keyboards.png (269 KB, 445x334) Image search: [Google]
i hate keyboards.png
269 KB, 445x334
>>7752171
I have also considered such things, that is why I even consider actually knocking up someone. I am fairly certain that I have some bi-polar traits myself, but so far I have been able to keep them under control and live a mostly productive life.

I still worry though. Thanks for your input anon.
>>
>>7752175
But it isn't.
>>
>>7752201
It is, though. Like, there's such a thing as just enough, but then there's too much. You know?
>>
File: 1388871321203.jpg (69 KB, 451x600) Image search: [Google]
1388871321203.jpg
69 KB, 451x600
>>7752223
lies.
>>
File: 1439754649367.gif (2 MB, 226x500) Image search: [Google]
1439754649367.gif
2 MB, 226x500
>>7752223
search your feelings, you know it to be true.
>>
>>7752228
2big4me
>>
>>7752227
I'd sink my teeth into that ass

>>7752228
I'd sink my dick onto that ass

>>7752236
Gay?
>>
>>7752247
>Gay?
No.
>>
>>7744778
>>7744989
>>7746538
I'm really glad I'm too much of a weirdo to have a woman mate with me, now I feel better about dying alone.
>>
Imagine a life where you have never been great at anything, never felt the urge to be great at anything, never felt that magnetic admiration to someone who was great at something, wanted to imitate and ultimately defeat him. Just nothing. Literally all you do in life is exist. Occupy space. pass the time. You're a chick.

You're bored,tweeting about your fucking hair and not even feeling any kind of happiness from it, just soothing your constant need to be bitter and cunty and petty toward other women. Every single thing you've done in the past year was mundane, shallow, and boring. You spent the last six hours reading kinda-interesting Reddit stories about people who made interesting Halloween hats for their kids or some stupid bullshit that you think is interesting and you may say is interesting but you're not really sure if it's really interesting. You're just fucking sitting there, gestating, fermenting, with a moist hole between your legs that guarantees you'll at least never have to get up and move around and work to support yourself.

And then you see men, over in some corner, having fun. You've never seen this before. What are they even doing? Instead of their consciousnesses merely sitting in their thick skull and revolving around itself, they are imbuing their conscious energy and intentionality into external objects, crafts, goals, projects. All the bitterness and cuntiness you feel nonstop seems to be absent, as they congratulate each other for being victorious, and happily learn from someone who defeated them. These creatures are truly content to be alive. They have found purpose in a purposeless universe.

And your gaze turns back on itself, on your self, and you realise you've never had that. You can never have it. You're just a stupid cunt.

So you get up, you walk over there, and you fucking ruin everything. Just ruin the whole fucking thing. The five seconds of attention you get will be worth destroying it. Because you're a woman.
>>
>>7752247
That ass is really too big for most people.
>>
>>7752306
I don't think you are a woman
>>
>>7750037
Holy shit dude that sucks... Still... why the fuck didnt you wear condoms. Id suggest you start to before the 5th one comes through. Anyway on your employment condition. Best bet is try to get a job where you get paid in cash. bartending is a good bet. Waitering too. Save up your money.
>>
File: consider the following.gif (2 MB, 416x320) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.gif
2 MB, 416x320
>>7750015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zVn00GXZ14
>>
>>7750663
>>7750710
>>7750794

Evidence for eating meat is bad? Heard bacon can cause cancer (it doesn't).
>>
>>7752101
>We don't need even more babies born.

I dont want kids either, but people are going to have kids regardless because, "gud says so," or "The government can't tell me whut to do!"
>>
>>7748264
It moves to what is most perfect for the organism to survive under those immediate conditions.
>>
>>7753840
Neu5gc + do your own research.
Also,
>Heard bacon can cause cancer (it doesn't).
>(it doesn't)
Eat shit + die.
>>
>>7753851
No it does not. Organisms survive because they 'fit' and the rest perishes, and then the fitting one remains. It did not specifically become fitting for that occasion, it just happened to be.

As some lad said here, evolution is a sieve, not a ladder.
>>
men do they give their money and spend their energy trying to please women, and men are depressed when >nogf and are not able to remain alone without commit suicide after being depressed.
>>
>>7754676
Nice projection, Bubba.

I used to fuck shitloads of females and had long term relationships and then I suddenly stopped and it made me a happier person.
>>
>>7755315
>having sex outside of wedlock
Please, end yourself.
>>
>>7755321
I reformed myself mate.
>>
>>7755315
>I suddenly stopped
at what age ?
>>
>>7755362
25 I think.
>>
I'm reasonably sure I'm a standard deviation smarter than both my parents so my children would probably regress back a fair bit. I'm a big fan of eugenics for the reason it means people with my genes wouldn't have to live.
>>
>>7755385
>I'm a big fan of eugenics for the reason it means people with my genes wouldn't have to live.
noble to be honest
>>
>>7744778
Study make me more dumb in class i understand all thing but when i do exam i can not focus on the questions.
>>
Does anybody here have photos of the girl that posted her feet on here in footie pajamas asking if zero was a number?
>>
>>7744778
If I was a millionaire, I'd impregnate as many girls as possible and I think most guys would.

I'm not a millionaire, though.
>>
I think people should have more babies so we can reach the stars and solve problems like climate change faster. Even though people contribute to these problems I think that we have to focus on finding a solution asap which means in the short term having more kids which = more brainpower. The actual solution to many of the worlds problems will take a lot longer to implement than to come up with so we should find as many solutions as possible now and implement those solutions in the future.
>>
>>7744778
protip: reproduce with women with smaller breasts and somewhat more male features.

you need to find women who have survived history due to their intelligence rather than their looks.
>>
>>7745091
>fuck women
Precisely.
>>
>>7746711
Then the "beta" knocks on the "alpha's' door with a Glock 17 and blows his brains out.
>>
>>7745242
> I'm fairly social actually.

I can't see anybody who drops essays like this on 4chan being all too liked
>>
>>7745242
If this is serious and not just trolling, you need to find some new people to hang out with.
It's really not that hard to find people at that level of intelligence, and no one actually holds back from arguing because they see you as intelligent. If anything it makes them more confrontational.
>>
>>7744778
Ecclesiastes my friend. It is the greatest book ever written.
>>
File: ICP ETERNAL.jpg (57 KB, 1024x1015) Image search: [Google]
ICP ETERNAL.jpg
57 KB, 1024x1015
>>7745332
if we achieve biological immortality, it's perfectly feasible that we will achieve a means to rebuild biological organisms after initial 'death', and perhaps even more likely that we will achieve some means of 'digital interpretation and preservation' of the human 'mind' before any of that happens.

Magnets, how do they work, how do they work indeed.
>>
>>7745242
>There is literally no way in which I can make people unaware of my intelligence

This proves that you are not as intelligent as you feel.
>Marilyn Manson - Deep Six
>>
>>7744778
Crazy how good she looks here, and how horrendous she look anywhere else
>>
>>7745242
Nice mem
>>
>>7744778
Nigga, you talkin' analytics.
>>
File: nicholascagelaugh.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
nicholascagelaugh.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>7745242
>Eventually I'd like to become a neurophysicist and create some kind of a-brave-new-worldlike medication or I'd just like to understand conscientiousness
>>
>>7752227
>>7752228
>slim thick

Just my type of woman
>>
File: 1447527925198.jpg (10 KB, 255x229) Image search: [Google]
1447527925198.jpg
10 KB, 255x229
>>7744778
>this thread
>>
>>7744778
nope, regression to the mean.
and so my children most probably would be more stupid than me therefore it's waste of time
but on the other hand i've read somewhere that children get IQ in the range +-15 points from their parents average so maybe some day ...
what bothers me is how much influence you really have on them. will they go in a direction that interests me personally? or be pushed and be unhappy? not fulfilling their potential because they're made to do things that i like but they truly don't.
would i see them, even unconsciously, as failures if they won't go in a direction that is of interest to me?
so there's that.
>>
I fuck a lot bareback but it's only with my girlfriend, with whom i am incapable of making a child.

I'm OK with this, i have no desire to raise an heir, i don't think there's going to be much to leave to them. Planet's fucked, i'd rather they didn't have to suffer the indignities of existence if they didn't have to.

/Schopenhauer
>>
If you can't find a girl to reproduce with, why aren't you giving away your superior precious semen for artificial insemination?
>>
>2016
>not being an antinatalist
>>
ITT: imbecilic high schoolers.
>>
When I was young my school gave me an IQ test and I scored 142. My life has not been a happy one. I have never met someone I liked. Let alone a woman that I liked.

I have friends, but it sucks having to constantly dumb myself down to their level. I can't say anyone likes me or appreciates me for who I am, because who I am is beyond most peoples comprehension.

I am married to someone with average at best smarts. Early on in our relationship she seemed to appreciate and respect my intelligence. She very much followed my lead. On some level it worked and I was happy being with her.

After we had kids things became quite different. Suddenly I was supposed to start following her lead. Everything I said or suggested with regards to the kids (they are triplets btw) was immediately discarded. She started interpreting everything I said as being condescending towards her. She regularly mocks me if I use a "big word." I am being chastised for the one part of me that I am proud of.

I have 2 daughters and 1 son that I love very much. It is very obvious one of my daughters got my brains. She is many magnitudes smarter than the other 2. I can honestly say it doesn't make me love her more or the other 2 less.

So what am I doing to make things better for future generations? I own a small manufacturing company. I'm getting into automation. I think automation will free us from having to be shackled to tasks we don't like for 40 hours every week. At very least I will be able to pass my facility down to my kids so they can have things pretty easy. Everyone elses kids will likely still be fucked for years to come.
>>
>>7758362
god speed
>>
From my perspective. Time and all other occurrences that we can not begin to appreciate require more attention than I would like to give. I'm trying to attract a female, I am not looking to pursue, one that has a favorable outlook and approach to life. I would like to begin doing research once I return to school, albeit personal, still a beginning, a legacy I can pass down to my children and them to theirs. There is much about our existence that is unknown. Yet we men, with all our ignorance and guall, decide to know what it is that we don't know. Problematic it is when you can't explain your own existence.
>>
File: 1449782354488.jpg (560 KB, 1440x1398) Image search: [Google]
1449782354488.jpg
560 KB, 1440x1398
>>7745311
>>7745319
>>7745332
Really well written, anon.
>>
>>7758957
this pic shows how gymrats are plebs who didn't start with the greeks
>>
>>7758362

First off you have to find a child who is generally enthusiastic about running your business, as well as having the brain power to do all little things. From what I read your daughter is only one qualified to run it and if she declines, then what? You going to let your dumber kids run the business?
>>
File: 1359988384567.gif (860 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1359988384567.gif
860 KB, 400x225
>Are you fucking a lot, bareback? Are you spawning a whole bunch of kids to give your genes an evolutionary advantage? Why/why not?

In a word, regression to the mean. The genes you have are filled with advantages for you, the organism. But reproducing doesn't mean better genes in the gene pool. If you are in fact smart you know that you will undoubtedly be reproducing without much effective control over the quality of your offspring.

Without any determinism, the human race will remain with an average IQ of 100, and your genetic complements will be re-distributed into your ancestors, who, if you are such an outlier in terms of intelligence, will be less and less smart over time until the preponderance of your ancestors is again somewhere around the mean. It is only a question of how many generations will survive.

Given the current situation on Earth, I seriously doubt the population in 2300 is significantly above a mean of 100. There are massive challenges ahead including bottlenecks in terms of population or sustainability. No one individual or group of individuals is going to change this...

unless the smartest cohorts get together and somehow make Intelligence a deterministic trait. That means at the very least genetic embryo screening, and optimally, full genetic control over human development.

Unfortunately the genetic mean clusters with belief in religious doctrine- PARTICULARLY Judeo Christian doctrine- and actively organizes against CHOICE- the "PRO-LIFE" lobby and its witch hunt against EUGENICIST philosophies.

Chinese culture has no such doctrines, and indeed they are farther along in these research and applications. Thats right: all because muh feels, the human race is not becoming smarter.

If you wanted to change mean human IQ the ideal place to start would be Africa, considering by 2050 they'll have produced some 2-3 BILLION new babies.
>>
>>7758982

pleb no, this pic shows that Michelangelo grossly distorted the human body in such a superbly subtle way
>>
>>7759007
What's so distorted about it?
>>
>>7750813
>I also believe that marriage is an impedance to human nature.

Spoken like a true cuck
>>
>>7744971
>The right to live of such an entity far exceed the right to live of any or all humans

You can't weigh souls [spoiler]YET![/spoiler]
>>
yo fuck pussys we just gotta make our robots and fuck em while they fuck more mpussys for our robot spawn am i right lads

conscienness is a joke free willy
>>
>>7744778
I'm searching for a perfect waifu to give me Aryan children.
[spoiler]It's been taking a while.[/spoiler]
>>
>>7759018
>distorted

Its subtle, but if you look closely you can detect it

good luck little pleb
>>
>>7753851
that could just be snot on a rock

what you mean is sufficient, not perfect
>>
I don't care about continuation of my genetic material.

It's never been a concern to me.

Sex is still awesome though, I can't do anything about that base level programming.
>>
>>7755677
nice fantasy
>>
>>7759065
>since I know nuffin about the greeks, I prefer to shitpost and be a poser.
>>
>>7759065
So nothing.
>>
>>7746711
What a load of bullshit
>>
>>7744778
>2016
>Thinking any of this will matter once the singularity occurs.

We might as well be moss on a stone.
>>
>>7758988

>You going to let your dumber kids run the business?

Yes that is exactly what I will do. That is what automation is for. Once everything is programmed a shaved ape can turn out product. Also I can work till I'm old as shit if robots are doing all the heavy lifting. By the time I toss the wobbler someone will understand what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>7744778
>Spreading your genes

K well you don't own genes you moron. The point of evolution wasn't to spread genes. It was that genes which survive are ones favorable to a specific environment. Its like dropping a pinball into a machine and watching it land, the pinball does not have agency it just goes where causative forces lead it.

If we put a gene into every newborn that gave them a superpower, we aren't spreading some guy's random seed, nobody is winning an evolutionary game. Its because if a protein is useful, its used.
>>
>>7745284
>>7745006
Both are wrong, stfu with this gene vs. environment nonsense.

Genes are set in, but are influenced by environment. If you have a gene which is in an environment that stimulates them IE lots of cool new shit you learn daily, you are producing the right proteins from that gene which eventually expands your neural network.

Its like if you are building muscle, you have the genes which allows you to make gains, but it only comes about because the right environment is stimulating genes to be produced.

That's not to say some don't have genes which predispose one to be super intelligent, say genes that give a kid a million extra neurons which gives them an advantage.
>>
File: what have i read.jpg (39 KB, 339x611) Image search: [Google]
what have i read.jpg
39 KB, 339x611
>>7744971
>justifying negative singularity
Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.