[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ruled paper vs blank vs grid for science and math? Which is best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 560x420
Ruled paper vs blank vs grid for science and math? Which is best
>>
>>7744421
>science
>not pure math
lel as if I'd take anything that plebby.
>>
>>7744421
Paper is for faggots. I write my equations using the corpses of children.
>>
dot grid or inverted graph paper
>>
>>7744421
Wrong! The correct answer is windows.
>>
>>7744421

I started using blank paper notebooks for class notes. Do all my practice/study/homework on blank printer paper.

I think this next semester (my last semester of my master's program!) i'm gonna use lined rules paper for class notes. Just because I've been not filling up my entire notebooks (not even close) which triggers MUH ocd.
>>
Graph paper because it makes maintaining proportions easier
>>
All the faggots who ended up dropping their major after failing gen chem or gen physics used graph paper. The top tier uses blank.
>>
>>7744421
Graph paper for math, lined paper for science.
>>
Always use blank. My handwriting looks much better than it did with lined paper.
>>
File: 20151225_224733.jpg (889 KB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
20151225_224733.jpg
889 KB, 2988x5312
Dot grid for everything, but especially for math and stuff which involves math.
>>
Where can I buy this shit?
>>
File: 1450808473713.jpg (60 KB, 700x903) Image search: [Google]
1450808473713.jpg
60 KB, 700x903
>>7744575
Your hand-writing looks terrible. It would be far better if you used proper lined paper like you were taught to use in elementary school.
>>
>>7744421
If you spend more than 2 minutes trying to optimize your paper choice, then you have already overspent any potential gain in value.
>>
>>7744589
If your education is stunted due to messy notes and confusing diagrams caused by shitty note books, you could be spending hours trying to make sense of things per semester per class. Peers of mine have similar troubles. I spent the last two years of high school optimising my notes and studying and I've been miles ahead of my fellow students since I began doing this. University is different to high school in terms of studying and note-taking but I learned many useful things during those two years.
>>
>>7744591
I was being snarky, and because of that I was wrong. For some people it is worth the time and effort and I shouldn't have been so dismissive.
>>
>>7744626
Write on high quality 24 pound paper with a nice pen and compare that to low grade wide ruled recycled notebook paper where the ink bleeds through to the other side. If you're deciding what kind of paper you want to use for your work in the foreseeable future, it makes a big difference.
>>
>>7744626
>>7744677
You're both autistic faggots.
>>
>>7744421
>Ctrl+f "vellum"
>nothing found

/sci/ confirmed for pleb board.
>>
i've been using lined paper for 15 years and I don't see any reason to change now
imo notes aren't for looking over, they're really to get used to to the idea of writing/using something
>>
Rhodia dots
>>
>>7744591
How to optimize notes senpai?
>>
You have to write math down? I just use my mind
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.