[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get atoms if I have a bunch of electrons. Do I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 867cab1d1ba5935098f0a2766be8c8a4.jpg (243 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
867cab1d1ba5935098f0a2766be8c8a4.jpg
243 KB, 2197x1463
How do I get atoms if I have a bunch of electrons. Do I need to add Electrolytes.
>>
>>7744362
aren't atoms the smallest.
>>
>>7744357
No, electrolytes split electrons into even smaller particles.
>>
>>7744364
Ah, you are right! My confusion. Yes, electrolytes will split electrons into their constituent atoms, but you need very powerful electrolytes, or you might end up only splitting them into quarks.
>>
>>7744365
Atoms are made up of even smaller particles called electrons, protons, and neutrons. What are you even getting at.
>>
>>7744366
HOLY CRAP I CAN SHOOT QUARKS
What do quarks do.
I'm only messing with atoms because I'm testing a hypothesis if I can send out many atoms to move an object.
I've seen it done with Ions, which are like atoms I think.
>>
>>7744368
Atoms aren't made up of anything, the word literally means "unsplittable." If you can split something, it isn't an atom.
>>
>>7744373
You can split atoms tho, It creates alot of energon cubes.
>>
>>7744373
are you even /sci/
I'm /x/phile bro come at me
>>
>>7744373
Holy shit. What kind of idiot are you anon? You know this is /sci/ right? Electrons are a part of the structure of atoms. What are you fools spewing? Oh... Wait... Bait... Damn. I fell for it...
>>
>>7744404
I didn't make the thread for bait. I needed to know if I have a bunch of electrons flowing if I could add an electrolyte to acquire atoms.
>>
>>7744404
You are thinking about chemical atoms, which are not atoms, only named such by idiot chemists.
>>
>>7744408
Your question makes no sense. Everything is made of atoms. You can gat atoms anywhere. An electrolyte is a atomic configuration called an ion. You can change it's structure through electrolysis by modifying it's oxidation state, but I'm not sure what you mean by "making atoms".
>>
>>7744417
Bait
>>
>>7744424
It's scientists doing the baiting. Between atoms, God particles, and teleportation, is it any wonder people are pissed? Them motherfuckers always lying.
>>
>>7744422
okay so basically lets say I have a battery and a power source, and I modify the battery so that Its just dispensing electrons through a copper wire. (I've already tested this). My questions is that since there are already electrons what can I add to it to get atoms. Neutrons and protons right?
>>
>>7744453
A battery would be a power source. Random addition of protons and neutrons likely wouldn't work out well. If it were even possible. You could isolate hydrogen. That is a mono atomic molecule that is relatively simple to manipulate and collect.
>>
>>7744447
Bait
>>
>>7744505
random additions of protons and neutrons changes a elements atomic weight making it into a different element entirely. It's what occurs in the sun and it takes a large amount of energy
>>
>>7744505
>>7744527
yeah but i need it to dispense
sorta like a large haldron collider but pocket sized
>>
>>7744547
but without particles only atoms. Unless those are considered the same
>>
plants crave electrolytes
>>
>>7744357
Brawndo has what electrons crave. It's got electrolytes.
>>
Add neutrons and protons to an element, sure. Without the energy to do so what happens? Nothing. If you had spare protons and/or neutrons to add to an atom you would still need a method to cram them into the nucleus in order to change its atomic weight. So no. Random addition does nothing to an element. It requires massive directed force. Like the Haldron Collider. If you can miniaturize that you best file for a patent quick.
>>
>>7744357
If you just hold out the elelectrons you should be able to lure in some sexy little cationic atoms
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.