[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Undergrad here, Is it a fuckin suicidal idea to study for MCAT,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 960x720
Undergrad here,
Is it a fuckin suicidal idea to study for MCAT, and cross my fingers and land myself into medical school as an undergrad of physics(i never did bio before)
>stupid self
>after seeing what med school learns and what they do, starting had this inclination towards it
>do engineering they said, you won't regret it they said
P.S. I heard it's possible with examkrackers, not sure how true.
>>
>>7743831
No, in fact the most common major to be accepted with is pure math, and physics is the portion of the MCAT most people have trouble with, youre honestly more set than bio majors, but you have to start studying today, 1 hour every day for like 9 months and youll be good, if you cram later youll fail.
>>
>>7743856
My physics is top tier at least, thanks for the feedback my good man, appreciate it, you saved a brothers life.
>>
>>7743856
>No, in fact the most common major to be accepted with is pure math,

What color is the sky on your planet?
>>
MCAT or not make sure you have typical required courses which are generally Chem 1 and 2, organic 1 and 2, biology 1 and 2, physics 1 and 2, genetics and calculus. I'm sure you have most of these and not all med schools require you absolutely take these classes but a lot do so do your research and get advised by a pre med advisor at your university.

Also keep in mind the MCAT on top of Chem, bio, physics and reading comprehension has now added social sciences to the test.
>>
>>7743831
When you apply for med school, they organize applications based on undergrad majors. The biology major stack is massive, physics not so much. You have a much better opportunity to stand out and be accepted, even with a not so stellar gpa by not majoring in bio and going the physics route. Just go over the biology concepts and take all required courses for the MCAT and you'll be more than set.
>>
>>7743831
>>do engineering they said, you won't regret it they said
>do physics
>befuddle yourself into thinking you're doing engineering
>complain about regretting doing something that you didn't actually do
this is how meme majors actually think
>>
>>7743856

The most common major to be accepted with is biology, because there are the most biology applicants by far.
>>
>>7743934

Math and Physics have the highest average MCAT, biology is obviously the most common major among admitted students because it has the most people applying.
>>
>>7744012
He probably ended up in physics because he didn't like engineering. Or maybe he genuinely thinks this, who knows. What is true is that you look like a massive retard when you start assuming things about people.
>>
>>7744042

I think they meant highest acceptance rate, or highest stats.
>>
>>7744054
Considering he's bitching about studying for MCATs it's far more likely that he dropped out of engineering, physics is the most common degree choice for students kicked out of the engineering college and it's obvious he doesn't have real passion for either.

Money whores like OP should just do Law or something.
>>
>>7744054
maybe he spaffed in your mouth last night. who knows right, you shouldn't start assuming things....
>>
>I've finished school and now i dont know what to do!
>I'll go to university!
>I heard engineering is useful
>Wow eng jobs suck

This is why you should plan what you want to do first before undertaking study, dont go to university and then find a job. Find the job you want and then work out how to get there
>>
>>7744101
Even that's not exactly the best idea because jobs get eliminated, get too hard to get into and people change. I don't think anyone knows how to do this whole life thing. Likewise, if you live in an isolated community, how could you ever make an informed decision on how to find a job you want to do? The internet doesn't actually show anything. I thought I wanted to be an engineer until I went to university.
>>
>>7744059
I agree with your first statement but I dislike jumping to conclusions.

>physics is the most common degree choice for students kicked out of the engineering college

Do you have stats for this? The kind of people who get kicked out of engineering don't seem like the kind of people who would choose to do a physics degree instead. (People who suck at math or are only focused on money).
>>
Last I checked you don't study MCAT you snort it.
>>
>>7744134

limit (GPA --> 0) of Engineering = Business

By the Hausdorff property, limits are unique, so Physics is not the choice for people who get kicked out of engineering.
>>
>>7743831
>Undergrad of physics =/= engineering
>Taking the MCAT w/o bio education == suicidal

Why would you look for an engineering job with a physics major? If you want to do grad school, skip your Master's degree and get your PhD in physics, then do whatever you want. There's tons of jobs with a physics PhD.
>>
>>7744134
I don't know any international statistics. It's the most common at my university because it's the easiest programme you can transfer back into engineering with if you keep your GPA up (other programmes generally don't transfer any credits and the dean doesn't consider transfers from anywhere outside physical sciences). The first year of the physics programme at my university is every easy (they don't even start E&M until second year here) so it's relatively easy.

People here are more aware of what a meme degree business is so they avoid it all costs. The ones who drop out totally do engineering technology etc.
>>
>>7745687
Oh, and also they don't even do real classical mechanics (using Taylor etc.) first year here. They use fucking Halliday, almost exactly the same course as the engineering majors take. Our physics department's undergrad curriculum is kind of embarrassing, but it does have a good research reputation.
>>
>>7744059
What kind of meme uni do you go to where engineering is harder than physics? Every engineer I've ever met is an utter retard who can't do much more than plug numbers into memorized formulas.
>>
>>7746070
At most top American universities the engineering programme is harder than physics.

The only place where the opposite is true is Cambridge.
>>
>>7743831
Just take the prereq classes (calc 1 and 2, gen chem, organic chem, phys 1 &2, and bio 1 & 2) and do well on the exam. not being a bio major pleb makes you stand out.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.