[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about the first human head transplant that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
What do you think about the first human head transplant that will take place around 2017?

Will he be able to walk again or will be most likey die under the operation/ or before he fully heal? If he dont die will is it possible for your head to connect itself into the spinal cord?
>>
>>7743418
They did this with monkeys, you won't die immediately but you'll die in the near future
>>
>head transplant
Don't you mean body transplant?
>>
>>7743418
Both the doctor and the patient are incredibly brave, and are exposing themselves to great risks to do something groundbreaking and revolutionary.

That said, I'd give this guy a 90% chance of not surviving the consequences of the surgery.
>>
He's a dead man, but he's dead if he doesn't do it anyway, so he literally has nothing to lose.

He will die, but we will learn so much. And hopefully, pave the way to a more successful operation in the future.

The person I truly feel sorry for is the surgeon, beyond the operation (I'm sure he's used to it), think of the media, the religious groups, the protesters and paparazzi.
He's going to go through hell.
>>
>>7743418

I think it has a relatively good chance of success, in terms of keeping brain tissue alive after the transplant is complete.

Excluding unforeseeable events, I have doubts whether the psychological effects of such a situation would be manageable.

If you're interested

List of surgeons publications
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Canavero%20S%5Bauth%5D

Preliminary outline of the surgical procedure
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3821155/?report=classic
>>
>>7743422
This
>>
>>7743418
i don't think it will be possible for a spine to connect itself biologically after a transplant for a long time

we could do it with tech though

i hope he lives, but either way he is advancing medicine
>>
>>7743440
Well it is a risk.
Imagine if its a success, with little to no side effects. The guy will go into the legends.
>>
Astonishingly daring and mad, this is some early science style, damn the consequences shit. I hope it works, but its going to be a long shot
>>
Correct me if I'm correct but supposedly after the transfer he will begin to lose his mind because of the chemical differences in his body. That sounds pretty hardcore if you ask me
>>
>>7744102
>Correct me if I'm correct
kek, I hope this was intentional
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.