[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stay motivated to self-learn and not just play vidya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: fucking synths.jpg (318 KB, 1280x1811) Image search: [Google]
fucking synths.jpg
318 KB, 1280x1811
How do you stay motivated to self-learn and not just play vidya or waste your free time with entertainment media?

I'm not a NEET, I'm a student and I get good grades but sometimes it's just hard to develop that initiative that separates high achievers from those who are just good at taking tests, you know?
>>
I go to sleep and then i start thinking about how i wasted a whole day, then i feel motivated. The next day dont remember that i was motivated and do nothing again.

But there is a powerful tool that works for me. I set the things i want to do when i motivated in a way that its not a choice whether i do them or not. For example:
I could register for this semester 5 courses in college, but i registered 7. Its not a choice now, i have to take them. I want to learn german, but this duolingo shit isn't working i cant do it for myself, so i go to a languages school and i pay a lot of dollars, now it isnt a choice to go and learn german, i have to go.
>>
I enjoy learning new things.

If I come across something and I'm curious as to how it works or I discover I'm ignorant in a certain subject, I research it.
>>
>>7741959
I have a list of goals I want to meet and constantly berate myself for how little effort I put into them each day; this motivates me to do better the next day.
>I know berating ones self isn't healthy but until I get better I need to work with what I do naturally
>>
>>7742056
Dude I am in the exactly self situation and I need fucking help.I am going mad due to my weakness of willpower.
>>
>>7742263
self situation - I meant same situation
>>
>>7742056
Are you me?
>>
>>7742056
lmao you're going to get a bad grade and then fuck your GPA up. so much for
>i just have to do it now guys! see i cracked the code!
how dumb
>>
>>7741959
I have crontabs that will automatically open or killall certain programs through out my day, depending on what tasks I have scheduled for myself ahead of time.

I have a series of mp3's of my own voice reminding me what specifically I want to do with the on screen application and what my allotted amount of time is.

I have crontabs from within root that periodically block or unblock certain productivity draining sites (such as 4chan) from the /etc/hosts file.

My life on my computer is not beginning to feel like one long game. Does anyone else have any other advice on computer productivity?
>>
>>7742842
>Does anyone else have any other advice on computer productivity?
Nah. You seem to have it covered.
>>
>>7742842
>mp3
>not flac or other lossless codec
>>
>>7743113
>>not flac or other lossless codec
No point in using a superior file format until I get superior speakers.
>>
>>7742842
>I have crontabs from within root that periodically block or unblock certain productivity draining sites (such as 4chan) from the /etc/hosts file.
What the fuck?
>>
>>7741959
legitimately got me laughing from pic
>>
>>7742842
Holy shit bro you might just have saved my productivity (unless I don't end up just turning it off).
>>
>>7742132
Not healthy my ass. It's the only way we can advance ourselves, as long as it makes you productive it's beneficial
>>
>>7741959
The main problem is you do not want to self-learn.You would rather play vidya and waste your free time.I am in the same situation and I would like to self learn but I would really rather spend my time gaming than studying even though it makes me sad
>>
The problem with self learning for me is I try and keep it to things non-academic, considering I'm in college I don't wanna spend months learning let's say differential equations to only spend a semester sitting in a class about it later on already knowing it
>>
File: boobs.jpg (99 KB, 500x863) Image search: [Google]
boobs.jpg
99 KB, 500x863
>>7741959
Do enough things you enjoy so you can cope with things you don't.
>>
>>7742390
Im smart enough to get a good GPA while taking a lot of classes. When i take 5 classes I have lot of free time, when i take more my free time is gone. Im study in Mexico btw so dificult may vary.
It is a good advice imo
>>
>>7744257
unam?
>>
>>7743669
>natural bust enlargement with mind power
>picture of a fat chick
do you use your mind power to increase your lethargy and voracity?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.