[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does ADHD exist or is it jut a meme disease for lazy people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: pepehood.jpg (43 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
pepehood.jpg
43 KB, 550x550
Does ADHD exist or is it jut a meme disease for lazy people?
>>
Why don't you read the scientific literature and decide for yourself instead of asking for a Siberian Whittling BBS to spoonfeed you?
>>
It's a real psychosomatic issue, but has been normalized for pharmaceutics to make a profit and for shitty parents to deal with their kids jumping around the house, playing like a normal healthy child should do.
>>
My question: is ADHD a mental illness, as something in psyche, or is it physical disfunctioning of the brain? Or is it chemical disfunctioning of the brain?
>>
>>7739736
Yea, everytime you have a question on an issue I'm sure you pursue a PhD in it.

Take your "spoonfeeding" shit back to /a/.
>>
>>7739740
And if it's physical/chemical disfunctioning, can someone get ADHD, for example, knocking their head as a growing child?
>>
>>7739731
How would being lazy cause someone to not pay attention in class?
>>
Legit ADHD here, ADHD doenst make you lazy, ADHD makes you unable to do mental work for more than ten minutes at a time. It is the fucking worst and I hate how it made me look like a lazy fuck when I always had an intense desire to just sit down and get work done.

With meds I work so incredibly much better, and I have taken extreme pleasure in surpassing all those faggots who called me lazy and undisciplined now that I can finally contentrate like everyone else.
>>
>>7739772

Now compare yourself to them when they're on adderall too...
>>
>>7739741

Asking if ADHD is real is like asking if vaccines cause autism you autistic fag.
>>
>>7739778

The fact that they're not is one of the great failure of the war on drugs. Now I dont know about adderall since I use ritalin, but from my experience they have helped me so incredibly much that I think it's fucking dumb that these chemicals are not more readily available.
>>
>>7739778
Normal people get flailed the fuck out on adderall, m8.
>>
>>7739772
I know that feel.
I will never forget being called lazy by one of my middle school teachers at parent teacher conferences.

I got a C- in beginners algebra and C+ retaking it without adderall.
Got As in all higher level math classes with adderall.
>>
>>7739763
By being too lazy to pay attention and fucking study?
>>
>>7739787
Lazy implies unwillingness.
That's like asking someone who's out of gas if they are too lazy to drive to the gas station.
>>
>>7739731
it is really just a meme for lazy people, and a way for addicts to get their amphetamine rations
>>
>>7739798

I really wish I could take ADD out of my head and put it into yours, then tell you to "just do it :^)"
>>
>>7739731
Attention deficit may mean that a child has suffered a lack of attention from the caregiver it was supposed to bond with early in life. This has neurological consequences.
>>
File: 1447496301554.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1447496301554.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>>7739860

In the case that you are in fact serious please never post again
>>
>>7739778
not the same dude but adderall is not some wonder drug that will make people smart, yes you will feel an effect and grades might/will improve, but a person with legit adhd his grades will likely improve a lot more.
>>
>>7739731
Is "Is X just a meme Y" just a meme meme?
>>
Anyone who thinks mental illness and learning disabilities aren't real doesn't have any business trying to be a scientist. You're just like the guy screaming 'evolution is just a theory it isn't real.'
>>
File: 1448608460196.png (124 KB, 5000x2571) Image search: [Google]
1448608460196.png
124 KB, 5000x2571
It's real. But I'm going to have to admit, it's annoying that my perfect grades are equated to some ADHD fucker's perfect grades even though mine are 100% natty. I think they should have to disclose that they're on adderall in their transcript thb fma
>>
>>7739860
so adhd is actually a disease of the parents to begin with
>>
>>7739731

It is most definitely real, but it comes in different forms.

I have moderate attention deficit and mild hyperactivity.
I seriously struggle to pay attention in some scenarios because whatever i'm doing is so boring i end up in another mental universe (or occasionally almost pulling my hair out). This never caused any issues until after school though because i enjoyed learning and wasn't a misbehaving student. After school went through a bit of a drug phase because i was depressed and couldn't hold down a job until i found something that i actually enjoyed and could focus on.

The hyperactivity side of things (this is what makes ADHD kids do backflips around the house and destroy everything including their parents lives) is only mild in me, but it's still agitating. It is like your brain works faster than you can comprehend. I like to think of it as a motor inside of everyone, most people's motors have an neutral gear and can just sit there and idle, but the ADHD guy can't ever get out of 1st or second gear, always having to move around even if its slowly.
>>
>>7739860
No actually the emperical data shows that you are born with adhd and that it has nothing to do with trauma and doesn't just develop over time.
>>
>>7740682
they are real, but they aren't incurable. anyone with mental illness just needs to focus on getting better. you can't perform at the necessary level if you are ill, medicine or not.

most people with adult adhd including you, just abuse amphetamines for fun.
>>
>>7739772
im like you. Went to remedial class in grade school cause "hurr dumb" + issues at home with my fuckhead dad. Ended up getting kicked out for fighting and nobody thought I was smart enough to do anything

At 18 decided to go get adderall for my adhd diagnosis and now I'm 22 in my 3rd year at caltech mech eng after transferring through a CC with perfect grades

feels good man

tfw
>"omg anon i had no idea u were so smart!"
>"uve changed so much!"

also told my faggot parents to hit the road
>>
>>7740770
Made a huge difference in my life too. I made mostly B's and some A's without trying at all. Went to college and made a 2.5 my first semester. Went and talked to a psychologist after fucking up again, and wanting to take school seriously. Made a 4.0 or a 3.8 for the rest of undergrad. Makes a huge difference when you actually need it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.