[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think its important to attend classes? I have social anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 14504429688890.jpg (177 KB, 728x974) Image search: [Google]
14504429688890.jpg
177 KB, 728x974
Do you think its important to attend classes? I have social anxiety so i go to university only like 3 times a week. Havent seen much difference, since i can study everything with rate that is comfortobale for me, and you can find any information that you need in the internet.
>>
I`m a computer science major, btw.
>>
>>7739234
No. I didn't show up to my calc 3, linear algebra, or mechanics classes at all. Got As in all of them. I really prefer to just read the book and maybe watch some high quality lectures online.
>>
>>7739238
Curious, where are you going to school that your lectures aren't quality enough? And why are you going there in the first place? I know that I obviously have to take initiative if I want to master these subjects but I don't see why I can't expect my professors to bring some quality to the table as well.
>>
>>7739234
I noted a strong correlation between class attendance and how well I did in classes.
It could work if you are really good and disciplined at studying alone. Either that, or your university has true shit-tier lectures.
>>
>>7739261
>Curious, where are you going to school that your lectures aren't quality enough?
I go to UMD. The lectures are fine, aside from the occasional very foreign professor, I just don't like getting up and going to them if I have the option to just read the book instead.
>>
>>7739279
I guess since I went to a small school for undergraduate I just can't imagine skipping class. It's kind of hard when you're professor will be able to notice you weren't there.
>>
>>7739281
Not all my lectures are huge. My linear algebra class was like ~250 but my mechanics class was probably ~40 and my english class ~15.
>>
>>7739281

Dude unless theirs a waitlist to get into the class, professors don't care if you skip classes. And even then that only lasts like the first two weeks.
>>
>>7739284
Well see my largest class was gen chem, with 64 students. My calc classes had 25(if they even filled up). One of my major classes had 5 people in it, the minimum for it not to get cancelled.
>>
>>7739234
Go to your fucking lectures. Stop being a little bitch.
>>
>>7739234

What the fuck else do you have to do? Lectures are like 20 hours a week, are you honestly studying with that extra time?
>>
For me going to lecture wasn't so much a thing that I needed to do to learn, but it helped my mood a lot, which helped me do better. I skipped a ton of classes for a long time and every day got to be so monotonous with just mindlessly surfing the internet for random hours, lecture gave me the motivation to just get out of the room.
>>
>>7739426

Productive people are always happier. You think all the time in the world to chill sounds like paradise, but try to remember how bored you used to get a few weeks into summer vacation.
>>
>>7739234
no.

not unless you go to a top tier university where the lectures are the same ones you watch online but updated.
>>
You should see your doctor if you get social anxiety from attending lectures.
>>
>>7739306
>>7739234
You will find that profs are more likely to give students who regularly attend class special privileges. You can successfully ask for extensions on assignments or advice on difficult material if you actually attend class. If you don't attend class, no self-respecting prof would help you. Need another day to put the finishing touches on that project, but don't attend any class? Too bad, fuck you.
>>
Depends. It differs for everyone. As I imagine everyone here knows, you'll see those people who only show up at Uni for compulsory classes (such as labs) and exams and get top marks and there are those that come to every class and also get top marks. It depends on the individual.

Personally I go to as many lectures and other voluntary things as possible because I like the routine and I feel more productive, and much of studying is simplified with a good mindset. If not going works for you and you make good use of the extra time you have, then do it. If you feel like you need a routine in order to keep on top of shit, do it.
>>
>>7739234
>social anxiety
>3 times a week
Yeah jokes broski. I go to mandatory classes only and still got good grades. If you take the time to learn the stuff on your own you will be fine.
>>
>>7739345
I feel unreally tired after going to university, i have like at least 3 lessons a day, each one is 1.5 hours, so after i come home from university i`m too tired to do anything.
>>
My Uni started using clickers so using those in class Was part of the grade. Hopefully yours doesn't, cuz otherwise you might have to work on your social anxiety instead of school work and that might fuck you over
>>
>>7739234
I have add and when i go to class I mainly just sit there looking around me never really paying attention. Thats why I skip most classes, as long as you can discipline yourself to always follow along at home and have no problem studying from books you should be fine (if you don't skip the classes with attendance of course)
>>
>>7739705
Do you even amphetamines?
>>
>>7739705
Adderall will change your life for the better.

Step 1: Google add/adhd doctor
DO NOT ASK FOR ADDERALL
Step 2: Talk about being unable to focus
YOU MUST SAY THAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS HAD THIS PROBELM.
add/adhd symptoms do not develop late in life so tell the doctor since elementary school. Tell him you got diagnosed in elementary school(he can't verfify it) and that you took meds for a year then your parents took you off for whatever reason.
Step 3: They will give you quiz.
The quiz answers are obvious.
Step 4: ekg+blood work
Step 5: get your script
If you don't get adderall the first time just pretend the meds are not working till you do. Never explicitly ask for it though.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.