[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think is ok to make an student of EE in a test to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: fil16.gif (7 KB, 474x219) Image search: [Google]
fil16.gif
7 KB, 474x219
Do you think is ok to make an student of EE in a test to get the transfer function of a filter like pic related ?
In my opinion it would be nicer to ask him to a more general procudure of "how to get the transfer function", I think algebra skills are not for everyone.

What do you think about?
>>
>>7739172
It's just AC linear circuit analysis, so yes, it's okay.
>I think algebra skills are not for everyone.
Algebra skills are necessary for engineers.
>>
I think you went into the wrong field.
>>
>>7739179
>Algebra skills are necessary for engineers.
yes they are for represent general solutions by thats way computer symbolic software exsts.
>>
>>7739184
tell me real world/job scenario where you will need to make algebra at hand.
>>
If you are going for EE, and can't manipulate algebraic expressions, why aren't you trying?

yes it's fine to ask transfer functions of filters.
>>
>>7739201
If your grasp on mathematics is that weak, you are doomed.
>>
>>7739201
You don't have to, but you should be able to.
>>
>>7739172
Yes, if you can't figure out that

voltage divider: Vo = V * Z2/(Z1+Z2)
transfer function: H = Vo/V = Z2/(Z1+Z2)

Then you have no business in EE

H(s) = R1/(R1+1/(sC1)) * 1/(sC2*(R2+1/(sC2))) = R1*C1*s/(R1C1*s+1)/(R2C2*s+1)

H(t) = [math] \frac { C1 R1 e^ { - \frac {t} { C2R2 } } } { C2R2(C1R1-C2R2) } - \frac { e^ { - \frac {t} { C1R1 } } } { C1R1-C2R2 } [/math]
>>
>>7739201

literally any engineering job
>>
>>7739201
Nah. Fuck you and your attitude. You don't deserve the same degree I'm working for. You're too weak for it. I'd eat you alive on the field kiddo.
>>
>>7739355
that's not true, I had never solve a big algebra problem at hand in the job, just use symbolics in matlab.
>>
>>7739255
>R1*C1*s/(R1C1*s+1)/(R2C2*s+1)
Thats not even a formal transfer function
>Then you have no business in EE
I cannot take that from a person who doesn't even know how to correctly write a transfer function.
>>
>>7739201
Maybe you should try a gender studies degree. Seriously, with that mindset, you will get buried in this field. Even if you miraculously graduate, your lack of passion will carry on into your job search and you'll be beaten out by better candidates.
>>
>>7739422
do you work in the field or you are just an undergraduated who says what he things and have no idea of real world?
>>
>>7739420
"Normal transfer function" - I hope you're op and being taught EE by some faggot ass professors because those are transfer functions and aren't "incorrect" - maybe a different form (lemme guess , you use jw instead of s?)

Besides, if any form is more correct his is. It makes doing transfer characteristics and bode plots extremely easy because you just plot things based off poles and zeros.

Also stop being a pussy. You're the reason engineers look bad - you're afraid of doing math because "I'm a retard and computers I don't even understand how to program do the math for me that u won't be able to troubleshoot because I'm retarded at math". If you can't do this simple stuff you need to become a CS major or start learning to enjoy business because you aren't ready for real science classes.
>>
File: 1450840488946.png (5 KB, 474x219) Image search: [Google]
1450840488946.png
5 KB, 474x219
>>7739172
I could not help but notice your gif could be further optimized as a png anon.
I have optimized your gif.
Your gif is now optimized.
>>
>>7739435
As someone (not the person you replied to) who does work in the field, I can say he is write. Even code monkey EE's (which are most fresh out of college EEs) need to know some algebra just to be able to fix and adjust already written algorithms for programs.

If you're doing circuits/design work of any kind, knowing some basic algebra will definitely put you ahead in being able to more intuitively produce designs and evaluate them without having to sit in front of simulations hoping you are doing something right. Being able to know "if I adjust this, this should be the result" is in fact a result of having algebraic relations in your head. Someone who is bad at algebra would either have to manually calculate this out each time they adjust something or they would have to do simulation after simulation (which could get very time consuming on big projects).
>>
Honestly, when I took circuit analysis 2, we got some pretty meaty exam problems that were a nightmare to try and find the transfer function for. The op is a pretty straight forward circuit, which you should feel relieved to see on an exam.
>>
>>7739467
I don't see the optimization, you made it worst, now it has a P an N and a G in the end and it doesn't look good anon, why you did it?, tell me, why? that isn't cute.
>>
literally baby algebra

no seriously, im a mechanical engineer and did this shit in first year you fucking nigger
>>
>>7739484
So it could be a smaller filesize anon.
>>
>>7739255
Question
for the EE's on here, it is ok to just multiply the filter stages ? there is not impedance coupling between stages.
>>
>>7739255
>Then you have no business in EE
man the second network is loading the first network.

>Yes, if you can't figure out that

What kind of university is yours?
>>
>>7739172
>I think algebra skills are not for everyone.
>people fell for this bait.
>>
>>7739491
well, very nice, but the only thing you did is adding 5kb to op's image footprint.
>>
>>7739255
seems that you didn't learn basic circuit analysis, the second nodal voltage depends on the R2 and C2 is not a simple cascade case.
>>
>>7740829
R1=10k|| 10k+10^-12/560s
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.