[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can we advance science /sci/? Let's advance science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1449967913138.jpg (127 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1449967913138.jpg
127 KB, 403x403
How can we advance science /sci/?

Let's advance science in this thread.
>>
>>7739049
We'll start by removing anyone from the gene pool who thinks we can advance science in any thread on /sci/

Should be an improvement in all regards
>>
>>7739054
>removing /sci/ from the gene pool
Why bother?
>>
>>7739049
I propose to kill anyone who isn't a STEM major. They're a waste of resources and always try to hinder progress.
>>
>>7739054
ayyy

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31189/10-ways-you-can-use-your-smartphone-advance-science
>>
>>7739060
Then STEM majors wouldn't have roads, or houses, or food. Unless you make someone get a STEM degree to start farming, which seems like a waste of resources hindering potential farming time.
>>
>>7739068
>implying scientists can't also do manual labor
>who was pol pot
Forced manual labor will build character and drive forward our glorious STEM utopia
>>
>>7739049
December 23rd

The Lord said: “That which is not yours – put it away. Putting it away will be to your welfare and happiness. And what is not yours? Body, feeling, perception, mental constructs and consciousness are not yours. So, put them away. Putting them away will be to your welfare and happiness. It is just as if a man should gather up, burn, or do whatever he wanted with all the grass, twigs and sticks here in Jeta Grove. Would you say: ‘This man is gathering us, he is burning us, he is doing what he wants with us?’ ”

“No, Lord.”

“And why not?”

“Because they are not ourselves, they are not us.”

“Even so, body, feeling, perception, mental constructs and consciousness are not yours.”

-- S.III,34
>>
>>7739049
>Heisenberg
>Father of quantum physics
>Not Bohr, or Schrödinger, or Dirac or even Planck

Dropped.
>>
I can post a picture of my butt. Will that help advance science?
>>
>agriculture isn't a science

Kill yourself cityfag
>>
>>7739097
>>7739060
Kek. Finance and Painting here. How does it feel that your glorious calculus was realized by a painter so he could understand light and thus paint better?
>>
>>7741259
>finance

commit sudoku right now

>>7741205
you're a walking meme
>>
>>7739068
Botany is a science so developing a sustainable food source would be part of their job.
>>
>>7739049

Folding@home

Any of the projects on
https://www.zooniverse.org/projects
>>
More science communicators would help immensely.
>>
>>7739058
Kek
>>
File: IMG-20151210-WA0036.jpg (14 KB, 391x391) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151210-WA0036.jpg
14 KB, 391x391
>>7739635
Since studying I never loved anything so much like Diracs formalism of QM
>>
>>7739623
I don't think anyone is going to understand what you're trying to say without some previous knowledge of at least the what the concept of the 5 khandhas stands for, Buddhanon, nor is "putting away" as a simile for relinquishment and dispassion self-evident without more context.
>>
>>7744501
Id love to read a solid summary, any good recommendations?
>>
>>7744546
I have read "modern QM" by Sakurai but in my opinion it's a bit over the top and you have to have got a really good/brief understanding about algebra. Other books are probably easier to grasp. I will search for better books, I have a list somewhere of others I looked into.
>>
>>7739060
But a lot of people who go to STEM arent fit for a STEM degree.
>>
>>7741259
Sounds like you've misunderstood what Calculus is. It's ok, it happens to the worst of us (ie. You)
>>
>>7739049
buy posting dank memes

>>7739060
sounds perfectly reasonable
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.