[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
North Korea opens atom-shaped science and technology centre –
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: North Korea.jpg (933 KB, 1920x1153) Image search: [Google]
North Korea.jpg
933 KB, 1920x1153
http://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2015/oct/29/north-korea-atom-nuclear-science-centre-pictures

So /sci/, why havent you moved to Best Korea yet ? It is well known that under communism, science can progress without too much hesitation.
>>
I don't think I'd be useful, these guys have already figured fusion power out. My primitive western education might as well be in alchemy.
>>
>>7737751
You can even see in the picture the shitty neighbourhoods surrounding the laboratory. They couldn't even bother to take it from a good angle that only showed the 'progress' they fake by doing this shit.

Other than that, good for them. Hopefully they actually have scientists that can do research that has never been done before. So that when the dictatorship falls in a couple of decades North Korea joins the academic community and we can advance our technology a bit faster.

They probably have a high IQ population. It's sad that they are still political shit.
>>
>>7737751
>You can even see in the picture the shitty neighbourhoods surrounding the laboratory. They couldn't even bother to take it from a good angle that only showed the 'progress' they fake by doing this shit.

By shitty neighbourhoods you mean commie blocks? They don't nessescarily have to be shitty but in general they are, but lets not judge to quickly.

I do not think that the dictatorship will fall in a couple decades. They have big plans when it comes to nuclear energy, and it would be great to replace to coal plants with. I kind of see North Korea like Solaria in Isaac Asimov's novels...We don't really know what stuff is going on there.
>>
File: 08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>can't even water their lawns when making propaganda buildings
>>
>>7737751
>they're still using classical orbits
>they haven't even discovered Schroedinger's equation yet
>>
>>7737751
>They've been isolated for so long they are still using meme models with bohr orbitals.

Ayy lmao.
>>
>>7737760
The neighbourhoods around it looks like most of Europe. Better actually considering it's more spacious.

Why do assume commie blocks and skyscrapers are in any way indicative of progress?
>>
>>7737764
That's not dead or untrimmed grass, not all grass species are meme green all year round.
>>
File: 1445202990658.jpg (55 KB, 925x730) Image search: [Google]
1445202990658.jpg
55 KB, 925x730
>>7737763
>I kind of see North Korea like Solaria in Isaac Asimov's novels
>We don't really know what stuff is going on there
except for the dozens of reports from people who fled out of best korea
which you would've read if you were ACTUALLY interested in the things going on in NK
but you're just spouting naive, romanticized bullshit rhetoric
that's all you'll ever be good for anyway
>>
>>7737817
>but you're just spouting naive, romanticized bullshit rhetoric
true
>that's all you'll ever be good for anyway
false
>>
>>7737751
>North Korea opens atom-shaped science and technology centre
It's not atom-shaped
>>
>>7737817
Go watch the documentary on Netflix right now.
>>
>>7737817
>except for the dozens of reports from people who fled out of best korea
and those who go to work there from all over the world
>but you're just spouting naive, romanticized bullshit rhetoric
heh, the irony...
>>
They forgot one very tony teensy little detail: there's no actual people on these pictures except the gommie leaders themselves. No cars, no bikes, no humans. Its a fucking ghost town. Your fooling nobody Kim Kong.
>>
>>7737763
>They don't nessescarily have to be shitty but in general they are, but lets not judge to quickly.

Notice how the road ends exactly where the shitty neighborhood begins?
>>
>that design

It's like the "science building" in a RTS game. Kim wants them sweet armor upgrades.
>>
>>7737751
>zero usable space
>>
>>7737760
>Hopefully they actually have scientists that can do research that has never been done before.

The only original research they would be capable of doing is shit that's so unethical even the Chinese wouldn't touch it, but which can be done on a community college budget.
>>
>>7737751
>ONE. PER. COUNTRY.
>NOT A FUCKING GIMMICK
>OP
>>
>>7738845
Someone's gotta do it.
>>
>>7738845
>shit that's so unethical even the Chinese wouldn't touch it
such as?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.