[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dont know why people care about the SpaceX landing. NASA d
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Elon-Musk-factory.jpg (69 KB, 858x492) Image search: [Google]
Elon-Musk-factory.jpg
69 KB, 858x492
I dont know why people care about the SpaceX landing.
NASA did the same 10 years ago.
Proof:
https://youtu.be/FZ-H-A9Vzdo
>>
>>7737703
NASA is a joke. The real innovation happens though military contracts: R&D
>>
>>7737703
This is some proper quality bait. I'm impressed :p. Only sad thing is that people might actually think this is real.
>>
>>7737703
I'd literally suck Elon Musk's dick if he'd let me. Honestly, I love the fuck out of the guy no homo
>>
Daily reminder that Space Travel is literally fucking useless.
>>
>>7737768
It is useless for now, but everything was useless in the beginning.
>>
>>7737768
It will be humanity's last hope of preservation one day.
It's not useless.
>>
>>7737771
But the universe will end my friend. Also what's the point of preservation for the sake of preservation?
>>
>>7737774
It's called survival.
>>
>>7737774
>Also what's the point of preservation for the sake of preservation?
Why don't you kill yourself? What's the point of living?
>>
>>7737703
10 years?? WTF
STS-1 landed 14 April 1981, 18:20:57 UTC @Edwards airforce base
34years ago!!
>>
>>7737768
>Daily reminder that Space Travel is literally fucking useless.
You can tell this guy knows his shit.
Only the best and brightest use "daily reminder" and pointless use of "literally".
>>
>>7737774
>But the universe will end my friend.

>We've only got 10^15 to 10^100 years left, it's all pointless.
>>
>>7737959
THIS

I really don't get the point of carrying all that extra fuel to orbit.

Why not use wings or parachutes?
>>
>>7737993
Wings and parachutes don't work as well on Mars
>>
>>7737993
yes, because carrying wings and parachutes into orbit doesn't require any additional fuel at all
>>
>>7738007
It seems like it would be less weight, but of course I haven't done any research or anything.
Nice strawman tho...
>>
>>7737993
>I really don't get the point of carrying all that extra fuel to orbit.
Because saving a tiny bit of fuel (in comparison to its takeoff fuel), for the re-entry+landing, means they can save the most expensive bits of the whole rocket: Stage 1 section. The rocket motors.
So it is VERY worth it.
>>
>>7738059
As we saw last night, wings are not necessary to return the rocket engines. The shuttle was a terrible design.
>>
>>7738017
>factual statements are strawmen
liberals pls go.
>>
Daily reaminder that NASA wouldn't exist without Nazis and other smart people whos not from USA.
>>
>>7738475
Daily reminder that Von Braun would be without a clue if not for the groundbreaking work of Dr Robert Goddard.
>>
wow
>>
>>7737719
I'd have a bunch of my men go over to his house with spatulas to spank dat ass
>>
>>7738002
>muh Mars landings
Apex kek. Raiding social media really has helped their PR a lot it would seem. Never underestimate the amount of retards on the internet.
>>
NASA managed to deploy 11 satellites for under $80mln 10 years ago?

'cause the landing and recovery, while hyped, isn't the true breakthrough. Reducing the launch costs to something considerably below $80mln is the true revolution.

Shuttle launches were $800mln/launch.
>>
>>7738609
like, $10m?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.