[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good state school GPA problems...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So no matter how hard I try, my GPA in college has never exceeded 3.0 in the past 2 semesters.
How do /sci/ college students study?
Also, how hard is it to bump up your GPA?
I studied like a maniac before the finals. Was bretty confident that I'll ace it. Fucked up like a cuck.
>>
PROTIP: If you do something for 24 hours strait, your brain goes into "oh shit I'm going to die if I don't fucking adapt to this shit" mode.
There were some german researchers who did a study on this a few years ago. Sorry, I can't for the life of me remember their names.

>tl;dr, if you want to be really good at something, abuse your brain with it for days on end without food or sleep.
>>
>>7733966
fucking /sci/ i swear to god
>>
My freshman and sophomore years I could not raise my gpa above 3.2 no matter how hard I tried. Something clicked for me junior year and I'm on the deans list every semester now. Being in this environment where you are constantly learning changes you for the better. You become way more intelligent than you think by going to college.
>>
>>7733954
I study math. Basically what I do is
1. Solve the problems
2. Study the theory
2.1 Learn every definition
2.2 Learn the STEPS of every proof (DO NOT memorize equations)
2.3 Repeat theorems and proofs by myself.
3. Back to exercises, find new solutions or solve new exercises.
4. REST

You need to rest, take a lot of rests and allow yourself leisure. If you overstress yourself you'll spend a lot of time doing simply nothing. I have been more productive taking a couple of hours to read something else before studying again, than studying without stopping for several hours.

NEVER study like a 'maniac'. Unless you can focus like a buddhist monk or an autistic kid, you will not be as productive as if taking your work one step at a time, with rests and everything.
>>
>>7733969
I'm not joking.
There is a measurable benefit to this sort of technique.
Why do you think special forces units do it?
For fun?
>>
I'm at a point where I'm ready to just try some adderall and see if that works.
I really cannot get up the drive to study normally, except under really close circumstances. And I'm just not smart enough to understand multiple chapters worth of info in a night.
>>
>>7733954
I normally just look at notes until I remember what they look like. Or if it's calculation based I just do practice problems until I win
>>
>>7733954
Essentially, you're cramming instead of learning.

You want to constantly read your books for your class and try to actively learn the material the entire semester, not only for exams.
>>
>>7733954
>How do /sci/ college students study?

I usually split it up into units to make it easier. For me my time allocation goes as following:

study - other - study - other - study - ...

The study units are usually 18 hours while the other units are 6 hours. Other units usually include sleeping, showering and eating. But I try to eat every second day only because it's more time efficient. And I shower like once every 4 days so I can get more hours of sleep.
>>
>>7733966
Citation very much needed.

I'm curious about it.
>>
>>7734255
not him but i did the trail work for the FS one time as part of an internship. the food was miserable and small quantities and the work was brutal. I was surprised at how my body adapted within 2 days of non stop intense labor. I would just shut down and sleep after 7 after cooking and eating and would be ready for work the next day. i did this for 2 weeks, each week consisting of 5 days out on a base camp hiking in and out with tools.

im fairly confident you can do the same with studying
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.