[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stoned Ape Theory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_0410.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0410.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
I'd like to see some responses detailing your own experiences with psychoactive substances and your thoughts on how the insights revealed are certainly more notable and related to our own visceral communications with our own notions of perception of reality than other, less involved methods of learning.

I think that the subject matter is scientific enough, as it pertains to our own notions of reality and the elements that determine its course.
>>
File: lesadman.jpg (141 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
lesadman.jpg
141 KB, 900x900
>eat drugs
>gain increased memory access
>see how actions affect things
>see how personal actions affect other beings
>learn empathy
>lean emotions
>>
Is knowledge exclusive to those who can detach from the norm and view themselves from a different angle? Is one grounded perspective less honest than a multitude of ponderings without devotion?
>>
Stop.
>>
>>7733829

Just fuck off. Take your fake faggot "reasoning" with you.
>>
reasoning is a process.

Have you ever taken psychedelics? what did you get out of it? anything more than you get out of daily life?

People without imaginations rarely gain any perspective from any new endeavor.

science and reasoning are only valid forms of self-discovery as a species if we USE them.
>>
It sounds plausible.
>>
I quit drinking after doing 3.5g of mushrooms my first trip. After a few more trips that year, i went for 8g. It was one of the most terrifyimg and sick feelings ive ever experienced (for the first 2 hours), but i then decided to start going to college. I was 23.

Now Im a second year mechanical engineering student on the presidents list.

BUT I don't expect the same results from everyone. Its like most psychactives, no one has the same exact trip as everyone else and no one has the exact same trip twice.
>>
File: literally comedy central tier.png (453 KB, 1026x581) Image search: [Google]
literally comedy central tier.png
453 KB, 1026x581
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKrskPyBuI
>>
If it wasn't for psychedelics, I would literally be a serial killer right now.
I don't know how they effected our evolutionary history, but they can have benefits.
>>
I was working as a cook in a shitty part of town, dicking around about studying and not really going anywhere.

Took LSD, and the closest thing I can compare it to, is going up the hill and seeing the entire town below.

I saw what I was doing, signed up for school again, took out loans so I wouldn't be falling into the hole of labor vs grades... And now I'm studying aircraft maintenance science at Embry Riddle.

Say what you will, I think hallucinogenics can give you some perspective
>>
It seems pretty stupid unless there is some way it changed human genetics. I'm going to guess a lot of other animals ate mushrooms too.

Also human society does not seem to rely on mushrooms like we rely on alcohol or other historically popular drugs.

I don't think mushrooms are the origin of human technology.
>>
Psychedelics are for plebs who like to pretend that they're somehow enlightened for eating a fucking dick growing out of the ground.
>>
>>7734044

>It seems pretty stupid unless there is some way it changed human genetics.

How so? They allow certain people to form connections they wouldn't otherwise and through which they gain better social status which in ancient times lead them to produce more offspring. And you bet they would've introduced their offspring to the shrooms.

Although there could be a genetic component that explains why some people benefit from psychedelics more than others.
>>
>>7733996
Holy shit, you too?
>>
>>7733996
>literally
Why don't you start your spree right now: Kill yourself.
>>
>>7733975

Im getting magic truffles from europe. It's about 15 grams fresh to 3.5 dried shrooms.

I'm considering double dosing after a few trips so it would just be 7 grams, maybe a little less since I can scale it back.

Any tips?
>>
File: 1450456112729s.jpg (7 KB, 248x250) Image search: [Google]
1450456112729s.jpg
7 KB, 248x250
>>7734173

People being edgy triggers me too.
>>
>>7734196
Good environment, trip sitter who won't fuck with you, do some research on it's effects obviously (which you have probably done), mostly subjective effects. Go out in nature or sit in a dark room in your bed introspecting. Think of a problem to mull over if you're the creative type, you might get a new perspective.
>>
>>7734201

I've tripped three times each time was most likely less than 3.5 grams, the thrid might have been close to it. Each time I just roamed the city by myself from like midnight to 6 just walking and listening to music and tripping balls on shrooms.

One time I checked out a local cemetary/mausoleum. Spent about three hours within the first 100 meters of it (its a huge foresty complex)

Differently want a sober sitter to just be my eyes for me so I don't have to worry about strangers, but other than that I'm a total hermit so it's going to be hard to find someone to be my trip bitch for 6 hours late at night.

Could one take an ativan if you get a bad trip without killing your buzz?
>>
Do it outside. As early as you like, that way the whole day is yours. Make sure it's secluded or woodsy. The first time I ever took mushrooms I was seventeen and on a beach with my girlfriend in northern California, as far as possible from new England, my homeland. Shit was fantastic. I was walking around in a stupor, throwing rocks at eachother saying that I was painting, playing in the dirt with my fingers and creating a vortex, had total visual acuity on every miniscule bug on the ground... Just know yourself before you decide where to do it.
>>
>>7734196
Have a safe place, be some place you're really comfortable with and have people with you who you are comfortable with tripping. Dont plan to watch tv, be on the computer or your phone or any media besides some music you like.

Dont be afraid if your feet or hands turn red.

Its better to be too cold than too hot.

Finally PLEASE trip a few times before upping the dose.
>>
>>7734211
Try /psy/ at 420chan, it'd be better to ask there. I think you're fine though. You've already tripped 3 times, don't know why you need any tips.
>>
>>7733801
The mushroom depicted is not even psychoactive.
>>
>>7734260

>Its better to be too cold than too hot.

I agree, but cold feels REALLY cold, and awful in the long term. Or short term up here north - i guess it's relative, since there aren't many days in a year when it's 'too hot'.

Heat of the sauna - if you're being a masochist - will end up feeling like your face is about to burst, but it wouldn't stop me from enduring a little more. It's more like "now this temperature starts to feel very unhealthy", and i remove myself to feel a nice slow contrast of my body gradually cooling itself.

If you have an access to a hot tub, that's amazing sensory experience too.
>>
>>7734442

Also, liquid water is actually quite fun.
>>
>>7734442
You don't live in florida where 3 months of the year is a never ending 'too hot' time.
>>
Nice Baorangia bicolor.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.