[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sci/ bros i'm fuckin screwed >want to do astrophysics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 700x700
/sci/ bros i'm fuckin screwed
>want to do astrophysics but the career path is utter shit
>fine then, let's do medicine, i've always wanted help others. Don't take Biology, MCAT's a struggle, no one wants anything to do with you.
All i'm left in my options is Aerospace Engineering, how good is it? I heard engineering is just rinse and repeat for money.

Get me out of this nightmare please.
>>
>>7733004
Bro, you are gonna work with something your entire life no matter what you choose. Pick the path that brings you joy. If you wanna make ton of money? Go for that career.

If you care about passion then choose your path. That which gives you passion. Money you'll always make. If you're passionate about it, u'll earn more money on it.

So just stop trying to anticipate the future. Just DO IT!
>>
>>7733004
>>>/adv/
>>7733007
>>>/facebook/

sage goes in all fields.
>>
Just choose something you want to.do, man. Did you actually want to do medicine? I'm going to take the test for grad entry soon and I've been studying chemistry and bio every day. My undergraduate was in history. If you really want something then go for it bruh, fucking apply yourself you miserable shit
>>
>Astrophysics: Stare at computer screens for a living

>Medicine: Enjoy starting a career at 35

>Aerospace Engineering: Ton of money and guaranteed job security so long as you're not a retard
>>
>>7733014
Define retard
>>
>>7733004
If you're American then don't do aerospace engineering because Trump is going to win and one of his policies is to heavily cut space finding so the job prospects don't look too good.
>>
>>7733025
Bro, trump is a fuckin retard bankrupt, he's not gonna win. Clinton's easily gonna win
>>
>>7733004
Do math bro, you can be an actuarist, that shit prints money
>>
>>7733004

If you're interested in aerospace, I strongly advise you to consider studying mechanical engineering instead and take electives / apply for internships in aerospace companies.

You can go into a lot more industries, including aerospace, with an MechE degree. You seem like a young person just out of high school. Don't limit yourself to just aerospace. Join some clubs, take electives in different areas of study, and intern at different companies so you get an idea of what you'd like to do as a job once you graduate.

In the end, if you like aerospace so much, you can go back and get a master's in it. Your strong mechanical background will be very useful in that situation.
>>
>>7733025
>rump is going to win and one of his policies is to heavily cut space finding
Uh... no? Say what you want, but space is mostly a Rep thing. Democrats will defund NASA though, they've said it.
>>
>>7733055
What's the difference between ME and AE?
>>
>>7733068
What the fuck? Why would they do that?
>>
>>7733075
Because space is, in fine, mostly about giving taxpayer money to big aerospace corporations to build rockets, planetary probes or space observatories. Also, most states with a heavy space industry present are republican.
>>
>>7733075
They need to fund more black babbies, birth control and health care acts.

Space takes a back seat to identity politics and your voter base.
>>
>>7733083
Biggest kek
>>
>>7733011
Good luck with that bro
>>
Why even bother man? Out of 7 billion people you won't make the smallest amount of contribution to any field. There will always be people ahead of you and you'll never achieve anything. Why even bother?
>>
>>7733004
Examkrackers. Didnt take bio in college and got a 9 on that section. On practice tests I got up to a 12. Went from a 26P to a 33Q after a month of cramming. It's doable, especially if you have more time to study than i did.
>>
>>7733102
Sadly I'm barely joking.

Politicians' careers are made by identity politics. A vocal group of their constituents wants some stupid unsustainable thing and the politician gives it to them in exchange for telling everyone to vote for him/her.

Modern politics is mostly about the people who contributing the least to the economy -who have all the time in the world for protests, activism and other nonsense- jockeying to get government handouts (and then have the gal to demand even more than their fair share).

People like us (/sci/ core posters and fanboys a like) who want space travel are in complete minority and we don't have any influence in our respective grassroot communities because to them we are literally ivory tower "elite" and some groups even tend to associate us "white oppressors/patriarchy" because that's just how the identity politics played out.

We don't control any vote. So we don't get any handouts. Luckily STEM types also tend to build the best companies so eventually the hobby companies like Planetary Resources and SpaceX will have the technology to pursue our goals anyway.
>>
>>7733119

Ugh could you, like, not? This is so problematic. Delete this racist hate speech.

>>7733073

I majored in ME for my BS and AE for my MS. The only real difference is that mechanical is much more broad and not focused on one industry. I'm a practicing engineer at a major aerospace defense contractor and I can tell you that your employer won't care which of the two degrees you have. Just tailor your electives to aerospace topics (e.g fluids, gas dynamics) if you choose ME.
>>
>>7733119
>>7733127
The first time someone told me that I was racist for wanting space travel I thought the guy was joking. The second time I was worried. Now I'm just pretending that the world outside my department doesn't exist.

>tfw I am the ivory tower
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.