[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the use of knot theory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: knot.jpg (6 KB, 392x375) Image search: [Google]
knot.jpg
6 KB, 392x375
What's the use of knot theory?
>>
to tie a knot to the strings in string theory
>>
It's to knot a knot such that it's not a knot.
>>
>>7732643
...NOT!
>>
It could potentially have applications in topological quantum computing.
>>
>>7732636
nah m8
>>
Making funny numberphile videos so that some dumb fuckers try to become serious mathematicians because they've heard there's branch of maths that requires no knowledge or mathematical ability whatsoever
>>
>>7732934
>muh sekrit club
>>
>>7732631
https://www.edx.org/course/topology-condensed-matter-tying-quantum-delftx-topocmx-0
>>
To answer the age old question "what the fuck happens to my headphones when I put them in my pocket?"
>>
>>7732934
Your argument is so tangled that it ties itself into meaninglessness. We could go around in figure eights all day, but we'd just loop over to the same standing end. You thought an argument like that could go off without a hitch? I don't mean to lash out so much, but seeing as you've slipped and are now in a bend, I'll let you come up with a working end to your reply without seizing up. Don't worry, I don't bight.
>>
>>7733112
That's not a knot in the knot theory sense of the word.
>>
>>7733268
YOU are a knot theory. YOU ARE.
>>
>>7733273
He's an H
Also a namefag so he should die
>>
File: productphoto_nocturne8_resized.jpg (20 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
productphoto_nocturne8_resized.jpg
20 KB, 500x334
>>7732631

To develop more advanced dragon dongs.
>>
>>7733258
>tangled
Haha, was the pun intended?
>>
>>7733423
His entire post is full of puns.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.